Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

Wow..... Not even worth it mate wtf

That's what I was thinking. I've been busy looking for an alternative to him. Almandin is 4/1 over here, so he's no option.

What do you think of #23 Amelie's Star at 25/1? You tipped her in an earlier post, and the guy who I linked to also liked her 4th best. Value there?

That's what I was thinking. I've been busy looking for an alternative to him. Almandin is 4/1 over here, so he's no option.

What do you think of #23 Amelie's Star at 25/1? You tipped her in an earlier post, and the guy who I linked to also liked her 4th best. Value there?
That's her odds down under.

I really like her but everytime I've had money on her she's been below par(the race i didn't back her she won).

She owes me mate so I'm thinking she could do it.

Huge money coming in on marmelo but bowman been riding terrible all day IMO.

@t6p

Does your book allow you to get in on some of this action?

It sure does. Thanks for the shout, I would've hated to miss out on the fun.

I'll tail you experts if you guys decide on a play.

It sure does. Thanks for the shout, I would've hated to miss out on the fun.

I'll tail you experts if you guys decide on a play.

I'm playing this pretty much blind, T. I'll be basically tailing what our Aussie friends @Mga223 and @minowasmullet are thinking here.

That's her odds down under.

I really like her but everytime I've had money on her she's been below par(the race i didn't back her she won).

She owes me mate so I'm thinking she could do it.

Huge money coming in on marmelo but bowman been riding terrible all day IMO.

Cheers M. I want a price in a race like this, so that may be my play if her line holds.

Marmelo and Almandin are co-favourites at 4/1 over here as of now. Tiberian 3rd choice at 8/1. Johannes Vermeer 4th choice at 9/1.

Cheers M. I want a price in a race like this, so that may be my play if her line holds.

Marmelo and Almandin are co-favourites at 4/1 over here as of now. Tiberian 3rd choice at 8/1. Johannes Vermeer 4th choice at 9/1.
Mate has $500 on Johannes but my brothers friend is very confident on the 3.

The odds you are getting are atrocious.

Hopefully can win you some money mate :)

Mate has $500 on Johannes but my brothers friend is very confident on the 3.

The odds you are getting are atrocious.

Hopefully can win you some money mate :)

I'll just be playing the race small, so I'm already getting my money's worth in entertainment. Cashing something on the race would be a big bonus.

Thanks to both you and MM for getting me hyped up for the race.

I'll just be playing the race small, so I'm already getting my money's worth in entertainment. Cashing something on the race would be a big bonus.

Thanks to both you and MM for getting me hyped up for the race.
If you ever decide to travel you should come do the weekend. The Friday until the Tuesday.

I've never done it (only punted on it) planning to go down next year.

Amelie's Star is getting a fair amount of support in the show pools over here compared to the win pools. A win/show on her may be the play here for me.

I'm in.

$10 to win and $20 to show on #23 Amelie's Star (22/1 over here)

Amelie's Star is getting a fair amount of support in the show pools over here compared to the win pools. A win/show on her may be the play here for me.
Thomas hobs has a 18 year old jockey on it now.

You wouldn't touch it now but we all know these days have those special stories.

Joining in with a small win and show bet on Amelie's Star and a tiny exacta box Amelie's Star/Almandin just for fun.

Thanks guys and good luck.

Ah well, was worth a shot, fun race. I had actually never watched the Melbourne Cup before.

Ah well, was worth a shot, fun race. I had actually never watched the Melbourne Cup before.

I usually watch it after the fact every year once it gets posted to youtube, but this was the first time I've watched it live. Good times.

4 was looking good but it got squashed between marmelo and someone and it seem to spook.

The horse I backed there didn't get much of a trip either sitting widest around both turns. Looked for an instance like she may be ready to make a bit of a run off the far turn, but flattened out late.

Now that I have an online account, there's a good chance that I'll at least find something to play every weekend from now on. Both Aqueduct and Del Mar just opened for their fall meet, so those may be the tracks I'm playing this coming weekend.

Because my inner degenerate may be coming out, I decided to crunch some numbers for DRF's "race of the day", which is race 8 tomorrow at Aqueduct. This is what I came up with;

#4 Church Social +6.2 (3/1 morning line odds)
#10 Bareeqa +3.4 (8/1)
#7 Warranty +2.2 (8/1)
#9 Miss Aja Brown +1.2 (15/1)
#1A Seafire +0.8 (8/1 coupled)
----------
#6 Speighgal -1.2 (4/1)
#8 Wake Island -2.1 (7/2)
#5 Conquest Tizfire -2.2 (6/1)
#1 Miko -2.8 (8/1 coupled)
#3 First Charmer -5.1 (20/1)

According to these the boys at DRF are on the two right horses in this one with the most likely winner and the best value;

The #4 Church Social is the co-fastest horse in this race based off Brisnet speed ratings. She has the highest last out Brisnet rating. Best Brisnet rating at the distance this race will be ran at. She's coming into this race with my E2 lung opener angle in her favour having ran an E2 of 94 her last race compared to E2's of 56, 64, and 58 in her previous 3 races. I like that E2 increase happened in her first start off the bench as well. She's had the race flow against in each of her last 4 races as well with a slow pace (or crawling pace) in each of them, which hurt her as a closer, but she was still able to make a big run in each of them to finish 2nd or 3rd about a length back in all. Those were in 85k and 90k races too, so she gets a drop in class here running for 67k. She should also finally get some kind of pace to run at here with the stretch out sprinter in the #3, as well as the #5, #8, and #9 also showing themselves to be early speed too. She drew an inside post so she should be able to get over to the rail and save all the ground she wants. Lots to like here with this one save for potentially the price. These morning line odds on races like this are sometimes way, way off what they actually go off at. But if she is 3/1 tomorrow I can see myself playing her. If she goes off too short then the #10 and #7 can be the backup options.

If you ever decide to travel you should come do the weekend. The Friday until the Tuesday.

I've never done it (only punted on it) planning to go down next year.
I flew down for derby day it was awesome. Had a big win on Aces High but lost my phone,jacket and sunglasses during the celebrations after,so with that and my abysmal MC I'm about even for the carnival

Back