Just had an incident with a Pharmacist today

Wyd? For a sprained ankle?
sprained ankle 3 weeks ago; needs a narcotic for the pain?

I've sprained my ankle severely 3 times playing basketball in h.s, never needed anything as strong as hydrocodone and never needed anything after a few days.

The real issue is TS' obvious addiction to opioids.

3 weeks, for a sprained ankle? C'mon son.

As someone who has struggled with an opiate addiction I've in the past had a pharmacist refuse to switch to the generic brand of Oxycodone. He wouldn't tell me why when I asked but I figured it had to do with the fact that the generic brand only had oxycodone while the name brand percocet had both oxycodone and APAP (Acetaminophen) in it.

Also to the OP how bad was your ankle sprain since most of them take around 5-14 days to fully heal. Either you have a pretty bad sprained ankle or you just got hooked on the pain pills

You won't get the brand unless the doctor writes for the brand and adds "dispense as written" on the Rx.
Otherwise they have to dispense the generic unless you request it and most pharmacies wouldn't keep brand name products that have had generics available for years; and they wouldn't order the brand for a patient just because they asked for it again because its considered "drug seeking behavior". There was probably something else to the story that you missed, or he may have given you a tall tale just to avoid going into the details of what was really going on.

lol @ trying to get a guy fired for not supporting your addiction.

Yeah don't want to get hooked on painkillers, plus I'm poor. I've just shrugged and said it'll heal eventually for a lot of stuff that I'm sure I could have gotten a scrip for.

The doctor couldn't understand why I didn't want a scrip for them. He was almost arguing with me about it. I'm like dude it doesn't hurt and I'm okay. That's why.

lol @ trying to get a guy fired for not supporting your addiction.

the Dunkin' Donuts guy got fired when he wouldn't let me commit carbicide.

61366a2ee4627f41120498bc7ba2322a.jpg

The doctor couldn't understand why I didn't want a scrip for them. He was almost arguing with me about it. I'm like dude it doesn't hurt and I'm okay. That's why.

Yeah we're at a weird point with meds now. You shouldn't be taking narcotics unless you have to, but people are encouraged to pop them like candy. Stay away from those horrible street drugs, pumping you full of drugs ia a job for a doctor!

{<diva}

No you judgmental cunts.
I took a chance a week or so ago thinking that I healed and went to the gym as usual. Did my usual set routines until I got to the incline rower. Started rowing and felt a pop after 15 rows.
You think I wanna be on these bullshit meds forever?
Fuck no! I don't even like opioids.
That's why I specifically asked for the brand with the least amount of effects. One that doesn't make me dysfunctional at work.

You might not be a drug abuser but you set off all the flags

Pharmacy you dont normally go to

Rx for widely abused drug

Asking for it by generic brands

And thats just whatyou admit to

Also Lol at you know which generics you like and dont off a sprained ankle from like a week ago

Last edited:
Yeah we're at a weird point with meds now. You shouldn't be taking narcotics unless you have to, but people are encouraged to pop them like candy. Stay away from those horrible street drugs, pumping you full of drugs ia a job for a doctor!

{<diva}

The last time I took drugs for soemthing was for pink eye. Even when I'm sick I don't take more than an Advil or Tylenol.

I really never get sick either. And no need to just take painkillers for the hell of it when I'm not in pain.

Yeah don't want to get hooked on painkillers, plus I'm poor. I've just shrugged and said it'll heal eventually for a lot of stuff that I'm sure I could have gotten a scrip for.

Ida said gimmie all that shit Hook it up with refills too yea

The last time I took drugs for soemthing was for pink eye. Even when I'm sick I don't take more than an Advil or Tylenol.

I really never get sick either. And no need to just take painkillers for the hell of it when I'm not in pain.

Yeah I avoid antibiotics unless I'm really sick. And I never take over the counter shit like Nyquil etc. All it does is suppress your immune system and make you stay sick longer. Cold and flu meds are an enormous fucking scam, preying on people that fear even slight discomfort.

Yeah I avoid antibiotics unless I'm really sick. And I never take over the counter shit like Nyquil etc. All it does is suppress your immune system and make you stay sick longer. Cold and flu meds are an enormous fucking scam, preying on people that fear even slight discomfort.

I can't remember the last time I took NyQuil

I used to get prescriptions filled at Walgreens.... out of nowhere I think there was some weird policy change but the pharmacists and techs would loudly proclaim the medication you were picking up right in front of the all the other waiting customers.

You'd walk up and quietly say you're there to pick up a prescription and say your name.... Dbag pharmacy bitch would find the little bag, loudly read your name and the medication back to you as if verifying it was correct. The last straw for me was when they loudly told all of us that the lady at the counter was picking up some vag meds.... I emailed a complaint while I stood in line and then told my tech that I think they're breaking hipa laws.

Walgreens emailed me asking what store this happened and that was the last I heard from them

you can be honest with us, you mad because it was your wife.....

Back