Just had an incident with a Pharmacist today

No. Generics are the same exact thing as the brand name. Where they differ in is the inactive ingredients that bind the tablet, capsule, etc together.
IF the brand name medication had an anti-tampering formulation, then the generic for that product will have to develop a similar technology before it comes to market.

My father managed pharmaceutical plants for decades at Cyanamid, Schering, Ayerst, and finally a local manufacturer of generics.

They are cunts. Most are there simply because they couldn't cut it in med school and have a giant chip on their shoulder. Just read the multitude of posts on all their message boards. They're cunts.

Every pharmacist I have ever dealt with with has been polite and professional.

Everyone who deals with the public blows off steam in private.

Most of the public is incredibly annoying.

I wish I knew how to insert the clapping gif. This is perfect. NOBODY, besides pharmacists, knows how much work being a pharmacist actually is. Or how stressful it is. We have to deal with some of the most stringent laws in the US, along with having to deal with people who are extremely rude and think pharmacies should work like McDonald's.

Not to mention actually obtaining the degree is extremely difficult. You can't just dick fuck your way through pharm school. It doesn't work like that.

Is anyone else concerned that this guy can give you opiates but he can't figure out how to post a fucking gif.

sprained both my knees falling off a ladder to a concrete floor, never took painkillers.

It only hurt when I moved, so I didn't move much.

@Loiosh
I remember that, was that last year or the year before?

Like I give a shit what other people think about pharmacist. Look, take everything I say in this thread with a grain of salt. Of course I'm over generalizing and my observations are just that, my observations. You guys are taking this way too seriously, as if I should be providing peer reviewed studies in which they concluded that all pharmacists are in fact cunts. No study exists for that. It is simply my opinion based on what I've seen and read on their message boards.
Well when you put it that way aren't we all bitter cunts who couldn't get into med school?

For the purpose of this conversation they essentially are

the fact that you think generics are different from the brand is laughable. Same fucking thing homie.

BRANDS AND GENERICS ARE THE SAME

They are roughly the same. They are not exactly the same. These are false statements.

As you mentioned earlier, new time-release mechanisms have to be engineered for generics. Since there doesn't seem to be strict regulations regarding Tmax in the US, generics can vary by quite a bit. This could potentially cause undesirable side effects.

You also mentioned that generics have different excipients. People could be sensitive/allergic to one of the new ingredients. These could potentially affect bioavailability.

Bioavailability also only has to be within a 80% to 125% range compared to the brand name in the test population. That's a 45% gap. Might not be a huge deal for some drugs, but what happens if someone is on a narrow therapeutic index generic drug and switches generics because of pharmacy availability to one that's on the other end of that gap? What might that do to someones warfarin/lithium/antiepileptic level? Not the same, bro.

OP how often do you get prescriptions for opiate painkillers?

I bet a litle red flag pops up next to your name on their little pharmacy computers telling these dudes to be weary of you as a potential addict

They are roughly the same. They are not exactly the same. These are false statements.

As you mentioned earlier, new time-release mechanisms have to be engineered for generics. Since there doesn't seem to be strict regulations regarding Tmax in the US, generics can vary by quite a bit. This could potentially cause undesirable side effects.

You also mentioned that generics have different excipients. People could be sensitive/allergic to one of the new ingredients. These could potentially affect bioavailability.

Bioavailability also only has to be within a 80% to 125% range compared to the brand name in the test population. That's a 45% gap. Might not be a huge deal for some drugs, but what happens if someone is on a narrow therapeutic index generic drug and switches generics because of pharmacy availability to one that's on the other end of that gap? What might that do to someones warfarin/lithium/antiepileptic level? Not the same, bro.
I do agree that the standards are shockingly low, but the reality is the standards are perfectly fine for all but low therapeutic drugs, and even then, so long as generics aren't changed and blood levels are monitored appropriately.

Back