Just had an incident with a Pharmacist today

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Went to fill my prescription at a different pharmacy today and asked if he had (x brand) generic.
He refused to tell me if he had it, even when I mentioned I get horrible side effects from the other generic brands.
Then I said, if you don't have it just tell me so I can go to another location.
Then he said, I can't tell you if I have it or not.
Then I said, I have a prescription in my hand right now ready to be filled. What's the big deal?
Then he said, I can fill it for you but it may or may not be that brand.
I told him that I've tried 2 other generics which made be very nauseous.
I said that I don't want you to fill my prescription with a cheap Chinese brand that has terrible side effects. The brand I'm inquiring about is produced in America and I've had it before. He still refused to budge.

I thought to myself: [wtf is wrong with this guy?]
It was like he was playing mind games with me.

Then I finally said:
Listen, I'm not trying to give you a hard time here.
I just wanna know the truth!

Then he said:
tenor.gif

After that he handed my prescription back and told me he couldn't do anything.

Go ahead.........ask me anything.
But first, I'm gonna ask you something. Can I get him fired for refusing my business?

Last edited:
So which STD do you have?

Went to fill my prescription at a different pharmacy today and asked if he had (x brand) generic.
He refused to tell me if he had it, even when I mentioned I get horrible side effects from the other generic brands.
Go ahead.........ask me anything.

But first, I'm gonna ask you something. Can I get him fired for refusing my business?

no because they have the right to refuse anyone.

30 an hr? depends on the state im sure

Damn, seriously ! ! ! !

All they do is just fill out people's fucking prescriptions. They are basically just retail clerks.

I PICKED THE WRONG MAJOR IN COLLEGE ! ! ! ! ! !

Damn, hydrocodone for a sprained ankle? I sprained my ankle one time in hs and a few years after. I never had to take that.

Damn, seriously ! ! ! !

All they do is just fill out people's fucking prescriptions. They are basically just retail clerks.

Im sure theres more too it, though doesnt seem like it.

It's hydrocodone. Schedule II
I'm still recovering from a sprained ankle I had 3 weeks ago.

yeah, hydrocodone is widely abused. plenty of pharmacies are very weary.

edit: what state do you live in TS if u dont mind

Get your doctor to write a prescription for the specific generic you prefer.

That sounds way too low. It depends on the state, but I'm guessing the national average would be at least $40/hr.

State to state wages can be very different. So i can see even up to 45 or 50 an hour too. Im sure theres a pharmacist on here who can tell us.

Either way they dont go home broke to be sure

Retail pharmacists make 50-65/hr depending on state and rank. You should get resistance from any pharmacist on a schedule II asking for a specific brand when you are new to them. It on its surface is a red flag for diversion, so you most likelily not get them in any trouble. Just finished pharmacy school in May so I do have some background on it, and not just talking smart.

Damn, seriously ! ! ! !

They also are considered Doctors. Its like the shortest path to the title

Back