Just had an incident with a Pharmacist today

No you judgmental cunts.
I took a chance a week or so ago thinking that I healed and went to the gym as usual. Did my usual set routines until I got to the incline rower. Started rowing and felt a pop after 15 rows.
You think I wanna be on these bullshit meds forever?
Fuck no! I don't even like opioids.
That's why I specifically asked for the brand with the least amount of effects. One that doesn't make me dysfunctional at work.

All hydrocodone products can make you nauseous. It doesn't matter if its made in China or the USA, its a characteristic of the medication. Asking for a specific brand is a red flag, threatening to go to another pharmacy on your painful ankle just to get the brand you wanted is another red flag. the pharmacist tried to accommodate you within reason, that is why you got turned away.

sprained ankle 3 weeks ago; needs a narcotic for the pain?

I've sprained my ankle severely 3 times playing basketball in h.s, never needed anything as strong as hydrocodone and never needed anything after a few days.
Yeah, I usually just ice it and take an aspirin. Did had one or two sprangs that were nasty and hurt but not enough to get a prescription.

Yeah, I usually just ice it and take an aspirin. Did had one or two sprangs that were nasty and hurt but not enough to get a prescription.
And there is nothing wrong with getting a prescription, but a narcotic after 3 weeks? Tweaked or not, thats overkill.

And @Rhood , if you do have a problem with opioids, and you certainly don't have to acknowledge that in this thread, please talk you your doctor and family/ friends about it stat.
If you did, it sounds like it would be in the very early stages and it would be much easier to help you now than further down the road. Its a really terrible, insidious disease and you don't want it to get worse.

I'm reaching here- but do the generics have something added (like filler) to make them harder to crush/inject or crush/insufflicate maybe?

To make them harder to get high from.

Like I said, total guess from a non American.

I'm reaching here- but do the generics have something added (like filler) to make them harder to crush/inject or crush/insufflicate maybe?

To make them harder to get high from.

Like I said, total guess from a non American.

No. Generics are the same exact thing as the brand name. Where they differ in is the inactive ingredients that bind the tablet, capsule, etc together.
IF the brand name medication had an anti-tampering formulation, then the generic for that product will have to develop a similar technology before it comes to market.

No. Generics are the same exact thing as the brand name. Where they differ in is the inactive ingredients that bind the tablet, capsule, etc together.
IF the brand name medication had an anti-tampering formulation, then the generic for that product will have to develop a similar technology before it comes to market.

Ok, I thought I read somewhere they were under pressure to change the formulation to reduce harm, guess that did not happen.

BTW. Pharmacists are the biggest cunts ever. They all want to think they're doctors, or even m ow better than doctors. And they hate everyone who comes into their pharmacy. Everyone. Don't believe me? There are entire pharmacist message boards on the internet dedicated to them just talking shit about all their customers.

Have an opioid prescription? In their eyes, you're already abusing them, even if you just came out of surgery. Have a prescription for 800mg ibuprofen? They hate you for that too. In their opinion, nobody going in there actually needs any of the medication they get prescribed.

Im going to presume you look like a scumbag.

Does your country have a prescription pain killer problem?

If you crush a couple pill and mix them with tequila and funnel it into your ads would probably give you a great buzz

Ok, I thought I read somewhere they were under pressure to change the formulation to reduce harm, guess that did not happen.
They are, but that starts with the branded product. The generics can't do that and still be generics; they would have to open up an NDA (new drug application) for that, which is expensive and time consuming. Economically, that stuff comes from the top and trickles down to the generics over time

Went to fill my prescription at a different pharmacy today and asked if he had (x brand) generic.
He refused to tell me if he had it, even when I mentioned I get horrible side effects from the other generic brands.
Then I said, if you don't have it just tell me so I can go to another location.
Then he said, I can't tell you if I have it or not.
Then I said, I have a prescription in my hand right now ready to be filled. What's the big deal?
Then he said, I can fill it for you but it may or may not be that brand.
I told him that I've tried 2 other generics which made be very nauseous.
I said that I don't want you to fill my prescription with a cheap Chinese brand that has terrible side effects. The brand I'm inquiring about is produced in America and I've had it before. He still refused to budge.

I thought to myself: [wtf is wrong with this guy?]
It was like he was playing mind games with me.

Then I finally said:
Listen, I'm not trying to give you a hard time here.
I just wanna know the truth!

Then he said:
tenor.gif

After that he handed my prescription back and told me he couldn't do anything.

Go ahead.........ask me anything.
But first, I'm gonna ask you something. Can I get him fired for refusing my business?

Obviously it's against some law or regulation for him to disclose you dope, he wasn't giving you a hard time, you just didn't get the hint.

Also, good friend of mine is a pharmacist, there is obviously a lot more to it than handing people drugs. You need to know what those drugs do on a technical level, and understand the sometimes complex laws around legally dealing in drugs.

BTW. Pharmacists are the biggest cunts ever. They all want to think they're doctors, or even m ow better than doctors. And they hate everyone who comes into their pharmacy. Everyone. Don't believe me? There are entire pharmacist message boards on the internet dedicated to them just talking shit about all their customers.

Have an opioid prescription? In their eyes, you're already abusing them, even if you just came out of surgery. Have a prescription for 800mg ibuprofen? They hate you for that too. In their opinion, nobody going in there actually needs any of the medication they get prescribed.

This guy knows whats up.

Just because a dr prescribed you a drug doesn't mean you have to take it. Ibuprofen and rest....

Uhhh... a lot of the time you do have to take it or you won't get better.

Are you retarded?

Hydrocodone masks pain. It does not cure a sprain. I'm a paramedic, I know nothing about medication or healing obviously I am retarded.

Back