Jones VS Aspinall [POLL]

Who wins a fight for the Undisputed UFC HW Championship?

• Jon Jones

Votes: 146 42.1%
  • Tom Aspinall

Votes: 201 57.9%

• Total voters
I think Tom would beat jones of today especially after having to recover from the torn pec and being another year older. That said if jones pulled it off either picking him apart at distance or with grappling I would not be surprised. Jones beat gane handily, but I don’t think that short fight tells us much about how a fight with aspinall would go

Only two weeks ago Pavlovich was the uncrowned champ who was going to dethrone Jones. Now he's just another chinny, one-dimensional HW.
So few fighters truly have fans. The just have hater of a particular fighter supporting them. It’s so weird.

This is a kickboxer with zero grappling who was tailor made for Jones to win the belt from.

that too in the 240pounds range.

Big difference from fighting a 260 pound Black Belt in BJJ
Zero grappling? Gane has multiple submission wins…

Why people think Aspinall would win this fight is beyond me. Easy work for Jones, IMO. I don't think we will ever see it, though.

I agree with the 1st point regarding Jones winning. But strongly disagree with the fight not happening. I believe that it isn't Jones that's injured - it's Stipe. I think that Jones NO WAY fights Pav or Tom as a contender. But now with Tom as Interim belt holder they can start poking each other through the cage. When is UFC 300 likely? I'd say they have that fight on there. It won't be hard to build if Tom keeps trying to finger reporters while calling for Jon to be stripped.

At this stage - it's a bigger fight than Stipe and looks easier to sell as Stipe is inaudible now and hasn't fought for so long and lost to the guy everyone wants to see fight Jones.

It makes more sense than that awful training video of Jon "tearing his muscle off the bone"

Sherdog consensus just can’t seem to see the writing on the wall. Put some fucking respect on the GOATS name and bend your fucking knee.

Jones will fight him before he retires if aspinal gets a few more wins as interim champ just jones is a few decades in with the best options possible he doesnt need the fight at all unless aspinal can blow up like hes on track to do he needs to take the gane fight and one more

@Dana's Moonface
How do you see this fight playing out if it were to happen?

Jones pulls a mayweather on Canelo
Yes Tom is fast, powerful etc with good jitz, but Jon puts on a career best performance and mixes up superior grappling with outside striking

Jones would be afraid to lose, which means he brings his best and the experience and skills would be too much for Tom

Jones pulls a mayweather on Canelo
Yes Tom is fast, powerful etc with good jitz, but Jon puts on a career best performance and mixes up superior grappling with outside striking

Jones would be afraid to lose, which means he brings his best and the experience and skills would be too much for Tom
Well said
Tom is great but Jones is the greatest
Stronger than an ox, faster than a speeding bullet, and he can walk on water

Jones bless

I want to see Jones vs Francis vs Aspinall. 3 way mma fight in a 50 ft octagon

jon jones always the underdog lmao
wonder how much money these people already lost

Jones should be slight favourite imo. I honestly thought he'd be food moving up to HW after years of inactivity and with his last few performances, but i'm done doubting the guy, he may be a prick but hes the GOAT.

This is a kickboxer with zero grappling who was tailor made for Jones to win the belt from.

that too in the 240pounds range.

Big difference from fighting a 260 pound Black Belt in BJJ
LMAO!!!

Gane was going to destroy Jones.

There's ALWAY a reason theyll beat Jones
followed by theres ALWAYS an excuse when they lose.

ie. they were never that good anyway.

Jones doesn't want to defend against Aspinall. Aspinall doesn't want to defend against Gane... Make Almeida vs Blaydes for the Super Interim Belt...

<seedat>
Correction the UFC is planning for Jones to fight Stipe. Jones isn’t the matchmaker

LMAO!!!

Gane was going to destroy Jones.

There's ALWAY a reason theyll beat Jones
followed by theres ALWAYS an excuse when they lose.

ie. they were never that good anyway.
Umm, Jones arguably lost hiss 2 last fights at LHW

Definitely lost the Reyes fight.

Arguably lost the first Gus fight in his Prime...

Vitor popped Jone's arm too but Jones was on coke to numb pain...

Stop acting like no one can touch this guy

Umm, Jones arguably lost hiss 2 last fights at LHW

Definitely lost the Reyes fight.

Arguably lost the first Gus fight in his Prime...

Vitor popped Jone's arm too but Jones was on coke to numb pain...

Stop acting like no one can touch this guy
Arguably, almost, close, participation trophy = make believe

fantasy vs. reality

Aspinall is like Nina Drama, he has never ever been fingered by an MMA fighter.

55/45 jones imo just is talent and iq gives him that 5% but not done enough at heavy so im not convinced

Back