Jon Jones: "I owe Gustafsson a severe beating."

JonJonesCut.gif

The cut is in a different spot but it seems to be on the same eye. Its hard to see Gus taking credit for it but okay.

Last edited:
Jones won easily 3 rounds to 2, anyone who isn't a hater and didn't listen to Rogan's bias commentary could see that. 3 rounds to Jones, easy.

Sure, but we also know damage doesn't win fights. You can jab a guy 100 times and score 5 takedowns and win the fight by rounds. The other guy can blast you with 10 big punches, smash your face up and make you leave the arena on a stretcher and still lose.

The cut is in a different spot but it seems to be on the same eye. Its hard to see Gus taking credit for it but okay.

It's near but not exactly on the same spot as the Gus cut. Jones goes so far to comment in the instagram: "FYI this is a completely different scar than the one I had in that area previously, they're not even touching..." He wouldn't even give Gus credit for opening him up in their fight.

It's near but not exactly on the same spot as the Gus cut. Jones goes so far to comment in the instagram: "FYI this is a completely different scar than the one I had in that area previously, they're not even touching..." He wouldn't even give Gus credit for opening him up in their fight.

They are fighters with egos and pride. I would not expect them to give each other credit.

I dont think Gus ever rocked Jones. He cut him pretty bad over the eye.
Sadly Gus didnt do anything significant to win the fight

Gus systematically bludgeoned him for 3 and a half rounds, took him down and didn't get taken down. All Jones really did was land a Hail Mary elbow that wobbled Gus for a bit and didn't even drop him, and scored points off weak leg kicks that had little to no effect in the grand scheme of things.

Gus systematically bludgeoned him for 3 and a half rounds, took him down and didn't get taken down. All Jones really did was land a Hail Mary elbow that wobbled Gus for a bit and didn't even drop him, and scored points off weak leg kicks that had little to no effect in the grand scheme of things.

By bludgeon- pepper him with a jab cutting his eye?
Gus took him down for how long and did what with that take down?

Im not saying Gus was ineffective with his attacks like Machida but
Gus being wobbled was the only definitive action that could have to lead to a finishing.

Gus being wobbled was the only definitive action that could have to lead to a finishing.

It didn't lead to a finishing though. Moot point.

Jones got the worst of the beating in that fight, he won solely because the judges thought he earned enough points to get the "W" and nothing more.

Hence why Jones feels he "owes" Gus a beating. It's reciprocation in kind.

now let me ask a serious question

who REALLY believes jj will deliver a severe beating on gus? really, haha

ofc im not taking into account the classic nuthuggers opinions cause they may actually believe in that

I don't see how DC beats Jones cause he isn't an amazing finisher, and Jones will certainly outcardio him. Jones will then go on to do exactly this, and brutalize Gus in their rematch.

Machida's attacks were ineffective? Did you see Jones between rounds during that fight? He looked worried and out of sorts after Machida owned him on the feet. He's lucky he has a good corner to tell him exactly what to do. He has the physical gifts but he's not too bright.

They are fighters with egos and pride. I would not expect them to give each other credit.
Some fighters are like that. Others like Fedor, Cain, Weidman, and Machida get a lot of support because they give credit to their opponents.

Gus has done nothing to prove he's #2. He lost a fight and now all of a sudden people are in love with him.

Did you see the fight? Both Gus and Jones were very impressive. Given that Jones is the far and away number one in the division, and not much separated the two in that fight, it is reasonable to conclude from that loss (and his other wins) that Gus is the number two fighter in the division. I personally would put Cormier as the second best LHW going into his title fight.

I don't see how DC beats Jones cause he isn't an amazing finisher, and Jones will certainly outcardio him. Jones will then go on to do exactly this, and brutalize Gus in their rematch.

now if you could answer me, what was the thought process to come to the conclusion that jj gonna "brutalize" gus in the rematch if the first match what actually happened is that jj was the one who got beaten up?

Did you see the fight? Both Gus and Jones were very impressive. Given that Jones is the far and away number one in the division, and not much separated the two in that fight, it is reasonable to conclude from that loss (and his other wins) that Gus is the number two fighter in the division. I personally would put Cormier as the second best LHW going into his title fight.

Lets be honest

Gus did not earn that #2 spot. He was given it because of his jones fight. You dont move ahead of everyone that you have not faced because you put up a good fight with the champ.

He climbed over everyone else who could possibly be stylistic problems for him into the #2 spot. His two higher ranked wins are shogun and Manuwa

Last edited:
It didn't lead to a finishing though. Moot point.

Jones got the worst of the beating in that fight, he won solely because the judges thought he earned enough points to get the "W" and nothing more.

Hence why Jones feels he "owes" Gus a beating. It's reciprocation in kind.

No, no one was finished. That was the closest to a finish in that fight which meets judging criteria.

Jones won because he outscored Gus, plain and simple. Judges knew it, reputable media knew it.

Gus did come remotely close to beating Jones in a true champion sense.
Jones BEAT Shogun
Shogun BEAT Machida
Machida BEAT Rahad
Rashad BEAT Forrest

it goes on and on.

Guss did well enough to inflict some damage and not get finished

Gus did not earn the #2 spot, he was given it because of his jones fight. You dont move ahead of everyone that you have not faced because you put up a good fight with the champ.

thats THE SAME thing as earn

like really

Machida's attacks were ineffective? Did you see Jones between rounds during that fight? He looked worried and out of sorts after Machida owned him on the feet. He's lucky he has a good corner to tell him exactly what to do. He has the physical gifts but he's not too bright.

Some fighters are like that. Others like Fedor, Cain, Weidman, and Machida get a lot of support because they give credit to their opponents.

This conveys a sublime ignorance of fighting at any capacity.

Machida didnt wobble or even cut Jones. Something like 8 strikes were attempted in that round. And effective strike is when Jones dropped Machida with a jab, essentially ending the fight

You dont know how cornering works and less about fighting intelligence.
By far Jones best attribute is his fight iq, any student of fighting will confirm this

thats THE SAME thing as earn

like really

So losing to the champion, however close it was, is earning a #2 ranked spot over ranked fighters ?

Gus jumped over other ranked fighters because of a good fight against Jones. Lets be honest here, he has not earned that rank yet. His two highest ranked wins are shogun and Manuwa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back