Jon Jones: "I owe Gustafsson a severe beating."

"I said all significant sources, including all reputable media."

9153159a-5deb-40c7-8342-19e5644a413e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just wanna ask. Did you manage to look at the judges round scores? Gus had scored round 1, 2 and 3 on different score cards

There's a very good argument for Gus winning the fight

eyepoking must be a thing for fighters with long reach
fvz0p4.jpg

The way eye pokes are going these days, they're gonna need to make an eye poke fighting league for these guys.

The UFC and all other MMA orgs need to get tough on this eye poking shit. I can see one happening accidentally, but there should be a warning given on the first eye poke and a point deducted on the second of any fighter who does this.

Why do you keep regurgitating the same garbage? You aren't making any points with it. I know what you said, and I encompassed and responded to all of that in my earlier responses to you. If your love for Jones doesn't allow for you to get it then there's nothing I can do for you about that.

Judges get fights wrong, that includes reputable sources. The large majority of people who watched it including the MMA fighters commenting on it in the twitter feed and pretty much everyone in any MMA forum you go to aside from Jones fans, had Gus winning. At best Jones could have gotten a draw, but even that would have been controversial. No idea what the judges and your "reputable" sources were smoking.

My point is simple, anyone of significance scored the fight to Jones.

The Irrational and emotionally driven opinions of people on the internet who wish Jones to loose, are completely irrelevant.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that Jones will outclass Gustafsson in their eventual rematch.

Notice how Jones says this after Gustafsson gets hurt? Pure Class.

My point is simple, anyone of significance scored the fight to Jones.

The Irrational and emotionally driven opinions of people on the internet who wish Jones to loose, are completely irrelevant.

Judges and reputable sources got the fight wrong. Jones got a fake win. Most everyone agrees (incompetent cracked out judges/significant sources excluded).

Deal with it, he's a paper champ until he really beats Gus in their rematch, if he can manage to do it.

Last edited:
I for one am looking forward to that rematch, if JBJ beats Cormier.

Gus, so far, has been the only dude who could stand and trade, shot-for-shot, against Jones. He matches up perfectly, size-wise, against Jon.

Their first fight was epic.

Judges and reputable sources got the fight wrong. Jones got a fake win. Most everyone agrees (incompetent cracked out judges/significant sources excluded).

Deal with it, he's a paper champ until he really beats Gus in their rematch, if he can manage to do it.

Lol your extreme bias is incredible. Kind of sad really.

hurrrdurrrrrr any1 that score it for evil JONES!! Is Stupid! I and all gus fans r smart!

The UFC and all other MMA orgs need to get tough on this eye poking shit.

I agree.

They also need to start being more harsh on fighters who continuously grab the fence.

There was pretty much a highlight video of Junior dos Santos grabbing the fence over and over in the second Cain Velasquez fight. It counted how many times he grabbed it and it was like 12-14 times.

It really irritated me that Junior grabbed the fence so many times and got away with it. It was some of the most blatant fence grabbing I've ever seen in the UFC. What really bothered me is that Herb Dean kept giving him warnings but he only threatened to take a point in the 5th round.

When Junior got dropped in the first round, he grabbed the fence to make sure Cain couldn't get top position. Herb warned him and Junior let go, then Cain got on top and landed some punches. Shortly after, I'm pretty sure Junior grabbed the fence to stand back up but was taken down again.

I'm sure a lot of fans won't really call Junior on his masterful fence grabbing because honestly, the way he grabbed the fence in the 2nd Cain fight was worse than when Aldo grabbed the fence in the Mendes fight. Aldo grabbed the fence to make sure he wasn't going to be taken down, but Junior did it for almost the entire fight. He constantly grabbed the fence and he was only threatened a point deduction in the 5th round.

The fact Herb didn't take a point actually bugged the shit out of me. The video was deleted off YouTube like a month or two after the fight but if you go rewatch the fight sometime, pay attention to how Junior grabs the fence. He does it over and over and over and over and Herb doesn't do a fucking thing about it. Absolutely ridiculous.

Refs need to start being more harsh on the fighters and stop giving them so many chances. I understand it's basically just a reaction to grab the fence sometimes, but to grab it that many times.. that's unbelievable. The fighters know the rules, grabbing the fence like that over and over.. I consider that straight cheating.

Horrible job by Herb in that fight IMO.

Lol your extreme bias is incredible. Kind of sad really.

It's easy for you to claim that, but for truth's sake you must know that I'm completely neutral, and have no bias towards either of these fighters. However, it's Sherdog and no one's claims here hold any weight so I don't expect you to believe that, but I'm telling you anyways, in case you have an open mind.

I saw what I saw, and I stand by it. Regardless of the fact that Judges and so called significant sources disagree.

You'd be limping out of the cage, too, if you had landed 9,001 flush kicks to your opponents head/body with chicken legs.

Well, since this is Sherdog, I have to take this post literally because those are the rules of this forum. You know how it is, Fallon, no comment can slip under the radar without being hated on.

Gustafsson would be dead right now had Jones landed that many kicks.

:)

It's easy for you to claim that, but for truth's sake you must know that I'm completely neutral, and have no bias towards either of these fighters. However, it's Sherdog and no one's claims here hold any weight so I don't expect you to believe that, but I'm telling you anyways, in case you have an open mind.

I saw what I saw, and I stand by it. Regardless of the fact that Judges and so called significant sources disagree.

thats completely fine if you truly do think Gus won. Everyone sees different things in fights and believes certain strikes and situations should be weighed differently. But the fact that almost all of the ideally impartial media sources believe Jon won, and the more easily biased hardcore fans say otherwise can not be ignored. Judges do often fuck up, but rarely if ever have I seen the whole mmamedia world believe a fighter won and disagreed with them.

I always root against Jones but Gus needs this more than Jones.

Jones doesn't need a belt obviously. But being a champion isn't just about having the belt - it also about reputation.

Currently, at least half the fans feel that Jones met his match, got beat up and barely scraped by on points. Jones absolutely needs to rematch Gus and settle this.

Well, since this is Sherdog, I have to take this post literally because those are the rules of this forum. You know how it is, Fallon, no comment can slip under the radar without being hated on.

Gustafsson would be dead right now had Jones landed that many kicks.

:)

FIGHTPLAY-fightplay-marcus-brimage.jpg

You arguing with Brimage's scouter? He told me it was over 9000!

Back