Media Jon Jones Dismisses Tom Aspinall Again Calls Him Just a "Fan"

I get what you're saying, but Aspinall has already destroyed 4 of the top 10 in just 8 minutes combined which already sets him apart from anybody Jones has ever fought.

I'm sure Jon would love to make Tom have to beat the other 6 before he gives him a shot, but I'm not sure jumping through hoops to prove himself puts him in a stronger light than chasing him down for a fight does.

Besides, he is the interim HW champion, that belt alone should indicate he has already proven he is next for the "real" belt. Certainly more than a 42 year old that hasn't fought in 3 years and hasn't won a fight in 4.

Don't get me wrong, I do think Tom should focus on other fights and build his own resume and legacy, but not to make Jon want to fight him. Ultimately I think Jones has made it perfectly clear that he will never fight Aspinall (despite hints to the contrary). So Tom should focus on building his own career while Jon beats up an old man and retires.
I don't think Jones has any intention of fighting Aspinall. He's been pretty clear about only wanting 2 fights (Gane and Stipe) and then retiring. He's cherry-picking easy matchups; not that I necessarily blame him after a decade of fighting top contenders.

But hypothetically, if Aspinall defended the interim title 2 times before Jones fought Stipe, I think Jones would feel compelled to fight Aspinall afterwards. If Aspinall decimated Blaydes and then Gane, the hype around Aspinall would be pretty massive. And it would make the Jones-Stipe fight look like a complete farce (which many of us already realize it is). I don't think Jones's ego would let him walk away at that point.

I'm 100% okay with Jon gunning for Stipe and then retiring, he's had a long and amazing career in the UFC, but stop acting like a tough guy and dismissing real contenders if you don't have the balls to fight them.

I don't think Jones has any intention of fighting Aspinall. He's been pretty clear about only wanting 2 fights (Gane and Stipe) and then retiring. He's cherry-picking easy matchups; not that I necessarily blame him after a decade of fighting top contenders.

But hypothetically, if Aspinall defended the interim title 2 times before Jones fought Stipe, I think Jones would feel compelled to fight Aspinall afterwards. If Aspinall decimated Blaydes and then Gane, the hype around Aspinall would be pretty massive. And it would make the Jones-Stipe fight look like a complete farce (which many of us already realize it is). I don't think Jones's ego would let him walk away at that point.
I agree with this. If Tom wants Jon he should do more and make Jon feel he NEEDS to fight him.

Leave Jon alone. It was his special day. He didn’t want anyone ruining his special day.

i think jones wins this fight, but i think he has doubts, and he doesn’t want to risk an essentially undefeated record. don’t expect to see it.

Should have just retired after the gane fight. Perfect way to go out. Now he's ruining his legacy ducking fights.

Tom was 18 when Jon first won the belt. He grew up watching Jon fight. Of course he’s a fan.
He also trying to take Jon's shit and Jon too pussy to do anything about it. Asterisk havin wife beating roid abusin pregnancy aborting bank addicted drug robber aint shit

Juicehead is holding out for the corpse of Stipe, then sailing off into the sunset, pronouncing himself as the greatest HW of all times. His few remaining fans will lap that shit up and agree with him.

I agree, I don't think Jones runs the risk of losing to Aspinall, and seeing them side by side, I have to say I like Tom's chances. He moves very well for a big guy, and Jones will be facing someone who is naturally the same size as he is and used to carrying that weight. If Aspinall's ground game is legit, Jones could find himself in an uncomfortable position. We have never seem anyone put Jones down and able to keep him down.

Frame it however you like.

Both Jon and Tom are disputed champions. I think that's a big difference.

That's actually a great point <lol>

Tom doesn't want to beat up an old man for the sake of beating up an older man. He wants the undisputed title, and he has to go through Jones to get it.

If Jones doesn't duck him, which, I have to say, kind of seems like it is happening. Stipe is a garbage fight, and most fight fans know that. It's like in wrestling, Stipe is being used to put Jones over. Stipe is used as a sacrificial lamb (unless he pulls off a hail mary KO) to make Jones look good. Of course Stipe is a proud fighter and won't turn it down, or the payday that comes with the fight, but unless Miocic shocks the world, there is really only any upside for Jones.

Back