Media Jon Jones Dismisses Tom Aspinall Again Calls Him Just a "Fan"

I'm a big JBJ fan and to me he's quite clearly the GOAT, but at this point in his career I think this is a risky fight for him.
It's all about momentum.
Aspinall is a dangerous man and he has all of the confidence in the world, and obviously he's got a lot of tools he can use to dish our some serious punishment.

Would love it if this fight happens, there are hardly any other fights I care about these days.

I'm 100% okay with Jon gunning for Stipe and then retiring, he's had a long and amazing career in the UFC, but stop acting like a tough guy and dismissing real contenders if you don't have the balls to fight them.
Indeed.

the problem is the fight is taking too long to happen and the title is being held up by two people who dont really deserve to fight for it. We got a guy who sat out for years, and a guy who did nothing to earn a shot at the belt refusing to fight anyone else except Stipe. It's bullshit and only gets worse with time, and the fans know it.

If they fought and jones won. People would say jones has a half a foot of reach and Tom is a one round fighter.

Lol. I said pretty much the same thing. Cause it's true!

It's kinda sad how easy it is to roast Jon over this because he is just so blatantly ducking. But also a good thing that Jon gets annoyed by what people say about him, so hopefully he will eventually try to shut us up and face Tom. People just gotta spam his socials with telling him he is a duck and a paper champ, IMO, if they aren't already.

Jon would gain a lot more respect if he was honest and said, look I've had a long career as the GOAT LHW. I'm too past it to face the best contenders. Just let me own Stipe and enjoy retirement

But Jon has always been allergic to respect

Tom being English, respectful and hopefully annoying for jbj. Tom is now the most impressive fighter with 4 first positions in ufc top ten tables plus a 3rd and 4th. More than any other fighter. 1st for shortest av fight time, best striking diff, least time on bottom abs and %. He also is 3rd for strikes p min and 4th knockdowns p 15 min. Wd be 2nd for sig strike accuracy at 67% if got 350 threshold but finishes too quick and would take one of jbjs 1sts for td defence if he had 20 td attempts at him.

Jon still has the Stipe fight to sell so he obviously won't be parading that around too loud. But hey, he may change his mind, you never know.

Back