Joe Rogan went nuts " Mighty Mouse is better than Fedor"

Rogan is correct. Fedor ducked UFC + Reem x2.

After 2005, Fedor was semi retired with his can crushing. Reem was HW champ and Fedor ducked twiced like the link I posted stated.

Russian can crusher. Not a fan of DJ. Weakest division in the sport. Still, Fedor crushes cans and ducked.

I say neither is. Fedor for the aforementioned reasons. Mighty Mouse for boring my ass off and having to drop a division to make his mark.

Discussions about Fedor are some of the most irritating to have on this site (and that's saying something). A significant contingent does everything to drag down and mitigate his achievements (especially those that still feel the need to play promotional favourites), whereas the other side mythologizes him into some unassailable demi-God. Very little middle ground. Of course versions of this exist for all great and divisive fighters or even athletes, period, but very rarely is it more pronounced than with Fedor.

I say neither is. Fedor for the aforementioned reasons. Mighty Mouse for boring my ass off and having to drop a division to make his mark.

There is a tough time declaring who given the following:

Fedor ducked Reem + UFC + Can crushing + 1punched by a MW

GSP - ducked Hendricks rematch + Ducked Silva + dry humping

Anderson - PEDs?

Bones - Crushes dinosaurs + PEDs/Cocaine + running over pregnant women + DUIs?

DJ - Ducks Cruz, fights in the GOAT Manlet division + fights guys that don't belong in bellator

Everyone knows, GOAT of the sport, likely Bones ATM, and of the sport, probably Silva. Still, with the PEDs, its open season for a lot of people.

DJ is the most boring fighter ever. About as entertaining as paint drying but, 1 he fights in Ufc 2 Fedor ducked UFC his entire career. Padded his record. Ducked Reem 2x + got pummeled 3x straight all stoppage loses including 1punched by a MW.

Reem was then HW champ of SF/Dream/K1. M1 and Fedor tried protecting his little record before getting exposed.
I disagree totally. I love to watch Mighty Mouse fight now a days and thinks he fights brilliantly anywhere the fight goes.

As far as the MM/Fedor discussion goes, I understand and acknowledge that Mighty Mouse is one of the best in today's game, but Fedor had a full arsenal as well and could take KO shots from HWs and still win the fight. His competition was much stiffer than Johnson's today and that's why i believe Fedor is better than MM due to stiffer competition and being a HW obviously. I do agree that Fedor's losses to Werdum, Bigfoot, and Hendo look bad and taint the end of his legacy. But today's Fedor is nothing like ten years ago Fedor. No argument there.

I disagree totally. I love to watch Mighty Mouse fight now a days and thinks he fights brilliantly anywhere the fight goes.

As far as the MM/Fedor discussion goes, I understand and acknowledge that Mighty Mouse is one of the best in today's game, but Fedor had a full arsenal as well and could take KO shots from HWs and still win the fight. His competition was much stiffer than Johnson's today and that's why i believe Fedor is better than MM. I do agree that Fedor's losses to Werdum, Bigfoot, and Hendo look bad. No argument there.

I am the biggest critic of Fedor, his can crushing after 05, ducking UFC + Reem but, I concur with your point. His loses at 33 really expose him far from the fighter clowns here trying to make him be.

The argument for ducking Reem was GEAR yet, he fights Hendo + TRT BF.

It really is a contradiction. I would like to add, Hendo rd 1 punched Fedor whereas, Hendo tried to bang with Silva and ended up in the fetal position.

Yep. Like I said. The great Arlovski who lost to Brett Rogers the same year he lost to Fedor, and who can forget Tim Sylvia aka the George Roop of the HW division who was annihilated by a 50 year old Ray Mercer not even a year after losing to Fedor.
You're reaching.

As far as the MM/Fedor discussion goes, I understand and acknowledge that Mighty Mouse is one of the best in today's game, but Fedor had a full arsenal as well and could take KO shots from HWs and still win the fight. His competition was much stiffer than Johnson's today.

Overall, his total resume is certainly better than MM's is right now, but people are exaggerating the difference in level of competition. Cro Cop and Nogueira (x2) are superior to any of MM's wins. Miles ahead of Benavidez (x2) and Dodson (x2)? I don't think so, but superior all the same. After that, are the likes of Arlovski, Sylvia, Herring, Coleman, Schilt, Rogers, Randleman, and Hunt really that much better than Bagautinov, McCall (x2), Horiguchi, Cejudo, Torres, Reis, and Elliott? I don't think so.

Again, Fedor is ahead, but not by some massive margin, and MM is still active. It's entirely possible that his total resume will surpass Fedor's when it's all said and done. Now, will people generally accept that? Probably not. People don't generally accept that someone like Willie Pep is greater than every HW ever with the possible exception of Ali and Louis, but people who actually understand boxing and its history certainly do.

I am the biggest critic of Fedor, his can crushing after 05, ducking UFC + Reem but, I concur with your point. His loses at 33 really expose him far from the fighter clowns here trying to make him be.

The argument for ducking Reem was GEAR yet, he fights Hendo + TRT BF.

It really is a contradiction. I would like to add, Hendo rd 1 punched Fedor whereas, Hendo tried to bang with Silva and ended up in the fetal position.
I'm no Fedor fanboy, but I call it how I see it. Fedor fought some of the toughest competition in mma besides Hendo and Jones, but I do agree with you that Fedor ducked the UFC for many years especially when they were close to making Lesnar vs Fedor.

Plus we must remember all the damage Fedor has taken over his career so him getting beat up towards the end of his career is kind of expected like it is with BJ or was with Chuck.

May I add Silva > Fedor imo.

I'm no Fedor fanboy, but I call it how I see it. Fedor fought some of the toughest competition in mma besides Hendo and Jones, but I do agree with you that Fedor ducked the UFC for many years especially when they were close to making Lesnar vs Fedor. He wanted no part of Reem or Frank Mir when the publicly called him to join them in the cage.

Plus we must remember all the damage Fedor has taken over his career so him getting beat up towards the end of his career is kind of expected like it is with BJ or was with Chuck.

May I add Silva > Fedor imo.

Agreed. That is the thing as a fighter. Playing it safe or holding out of orgs for some other bogus org like SF or afflictions was ridiculous. UFC will be around after Mcgoat.

Fedor vs Lesnar would be epic. I just think Brock GNPs him into oblivion. I think he was a bad fighter, had a good chin (though he did turtle a lot lol). If you watched the Bret Rodgers fight, it was telling end for Fedor.

Overall, his total resume is certainly better than MM's is right now, but people are exaggerating the difference in level of competition. Cro Cop and Nogueira (x2) are superior to any of MM's wins. Miles ahead of Benavidez (x2) and Dodson (x2)? I don't think so, but superior all the same. After that, are the likes of Arlovski, Sylvia, Herring, Coleman, Schilt, Rogers, Randleman, and Hunt really that much better than Bagautinov, McCall (x2), Horiguchi, Cejudo, Torres, Reis, and Elliott? I don't think so.

Again, Fedor is ahead, but not by some massive margin, and MM is still active. It's entirely possible that his total resume will surpass Fedor's when it's all said and done. Now, will people generally accept that? Probably not. People don't generally accept that someone like Willie Pep is greater than every HW ever with the possible exception of Ali and Louis, but people who actually understand boxing and its history certainly do.

Sugar Ray Robinson is considered the GOAT all time over everyone by 99% of boxing historians. Not a HW. Your point is still valid though. I think DJ can if he moves up and fights better opposition but, the division of Pride HW vs Manlet division is no comparison. Its the padded record that Fedor has + the joke fights like Choi that leaves room for leap frogging him. Jones no doubt will. Assuminghe doesn't trash his career with more cocaine or PEDs or runs over another woman lol

When MM just fought 10lbs heavier Dominick Cruz he got tossed around like a bitch.

Not seeing GOAT. If Conor beats GSP for the MW belt I think he is GoAT, and that is coming from a Fedor nuthugger.

Fedor has the better resume as of now but overall i think Johnson is a more skilled fighter than Fedor ever was. Only thing I think Fedor has that matches Johnson were his reflexes.

Sorry pal, but I refuse to accept that Ian McCall, John Dodson, Jospeh Benavidez, Tim Elliot, and Henry Cejudo are on the same level as Mirko, Big Nog, Arvloski, Coleman, Randleman and even Mark Hunt. The rematches with Cro cop and nog aren't on the level of comparison of the rematches with Benavidez, McCall, or Dodson.

Now if MM can get a champion vs champion fight and win another belt or defend his then that will be a better argument for Johnson over Fedor, but as of 2017 MM isn't passing Fedor up on any goat list.

Sorry pal, but I refuse to accept that Ian McCall, John Dodson, Jospeh Benavidez, Tim Elliot, and Henry Cejudo are on the same level as Mirko, Big Nog, Arvloski, Coleman, Randleman and even Mark Hunt.
Randleman got beat by Nakamura like a year after he lost to Fedor ffs.

Agreed. That is the thing as a fighter. Playing it safe or holding out of orgs for some other bogus org like SF or afflictions was ridiculous. UFC will be around after Mcgoat.

Fedor vs Lesnar would be epic. I just think Brock GNPs him into oblivion. I think he was a bad fighter, had a good chin (though he did turtle a lot lol). If you watched the Bret Rodgers fight, it was telling end for Fedor.
I got a lot of heat a couple years back for saying this, but Fedor ducked Brock and Overeem because he knew he'd lose to them. Like I said, PRIDE Fedor is arguably one of the greatest fighters ever and he had one of the best runs during his prime in mma, but I think it was inevitable Fedor losing towards the end because father time beats everyone.

Randleman got beat by Nakamura like a year after he lost to Fedor ffs.
I'm saying PRIDE Fedor is by far greater than Mighty Mouse and his resume is as well. I'm not talking about old man Fedor who got folded by MW Hendo and lost to Maldonado.

Everyone's entitled to a wrong opinion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back