Is Jose Aldo a better fighter than Shogun?

The King of the streets Wants to teach you what a foot stomp is.
I felt like Marco was the only one with a brain sometimes. He did whatever he needed to do in order to win. If that meant pulling your hair to close distance or break your feet to make you let go he would make it happen.

Put them against each other and find out

I would argue Shogun is better - Very powerful kicks, heavier better hands, better chin, better strength relative to weight division, equal striking skill in terms of its effectiveness not saying shogun is a scientific striker I am saying he is a bloody effective striker that can take the damage where he lacks skill or takes overly aggressive risks, simlar level of grappling ability, shogun has better takedowns. Pwning in a heavier weight division is more impressive imo, its riskier, theres more power being thrown around.

That said Aldo has dominated his divion to a greater extent than Shogun has but against lesser caliber people?

Shogun in PRIDE and Aldo in WEC were GOAT tier and much better than they are in their UFC run

I don't care if Aldo is "more technical" now, his aggression and speed were ridiculous and he had the cardio to go full tilt without fear. I was a big fan and then he became a point fighter and couldn't go back when he tried to be aggressive again

This is a question that always bugged me:

Is Peak Aldo better than a Peak Shogun?

What u guys say?

brazil_08.jpg

(Brazil's holy trinity imo)

I know this will be an unpopular viewpoint but I'd replace Shogun with RDA personally.

I felt like Marco was the only one with a brain sometimes. He did whatever he needed to do in order to win. If that meant pulling your hair to close distance or break your feet to make you let go he would make it happen.
One of the truly scary guys in the sport.

I know this will be an unpopular viewpoint but I'd replace Shogun with RDA personally.

Shogun's accomplishments, legendary battles, skill level, and etc.. trump everything RDA has ever done...

205 was way more stacked when Shogun was in his prime than 145 ever was. Aldo is more skilled, but Shogun had to deal with one of the craziest row of killers ever.

Shogun is one of my favs along with Aldo, in my unbias opinion, Aldo is better everywhere overall except chin and power.

Aldo is miles ahead. This shouldn't even be up for debate.

Anderson Silva once said that if Aldo fought at MW, he would retire. This was prime GOAT Anderson.

Still a bigger fan of Shogun though

I love LHW for the spectacle, history and personalities, and Jon Jones is my favourite fighter to watch, but ...

... no LHW has ever been a better fighter than prime Jose Aldo.

P4P maybe. In reality Shogun would beat the complete fuck out of Aldo 10 out of 10 times so he is in reality the better fighter

I think the one with 9 title defenses in a row is better..

Shogun's accomplishments, legendary battles, skill level, and etc.. trump everything RDA has ever done...

Accomplishments, sure.

RDA is more skilled imo though, which is what I was basing it on. Much better grappling, cardio, and the striking isn't far off.

Prime Aldo is sharper, more technical, more fight smart than Prime Shogun IMO.

Though Shogun stayed more consistent with his aggressive style but I guess its that limited amount of evolution that gave Aldo such an edge on him IMO.

Aldo is the better fighter in the corresponding division. Shogun is more entertaining and a much better person.

Back