Is Jose Aldo a better fighter than Shogun?

Sound more like u saying he could've, would've should've... but didnt.

He won a grand prix and the UFC title. Hes beat a laundry list of legendary fighters. He has an un real highlight reel against some of the best LHW's that have stepped foot in a ring or octagon.

Sounds a lot like did, did, did.

Even though he did accomplish a lot, he was still hindered by injuries. How you discredit Shogun is beyond me. Makes me think you dont actually know anything beyond 4 years in this sport.

Aldo was more consistent but Shoguns run in 2005 was epic.

Aldo and Shogun shouldn't even be mentioned in the same conversation. Aldo is better in EVERY single facet of MMA.

Wrestling: Aldo has the best TDD weve ever seen and has shown decent offensive wrestling. Shogun's TDD is and has always been meh.

Striking: Aldo has a laser jab and phenomenal MMA striking.

BJJ: Shogun, Wand, and Vitor are in the class of BJJ black belts who have shown sub-par BJJ in MMA. Aldo has shown excellent grappling throughout his career, and he's fought better grapplers like Edgar, Mendes, Florian, etc...

Jose Aldo is definitely more technical, but Shogun in his prime is a goddamn killer. And if that is the holy trinity, who is father, son, and the holy ghost?

Aldo is better than shogun, prime v prime. Hell, Aldo now would slip and rip the leg kicks to shoguns bad legs and win a fight against a guy almost twice his size.

In relative to size yes, but in reality hell no. Shogun would stomp a mud hole in Jose.

Jose Aldo is definitely more technical, but Shogun in his prime is a goddamn killer. And if that is the holy trinity, who is father, son, and the holy ghost?
You're treading some dangerous territory my friend.

The best Aldo vs the best Shogun? Holy shit, I don't know. That's a good question!

He won a grand prix and the UFC title. Hes beat a laundry list of legendary fighters. He has an un real highlight reel against some of the best LHW's that have stepped foot in a ring or octagon.

Sounds a lot like did, did, did.

Even though he did accomplish a lot, he was still hindered by injuries. How you discredit Shogun is beyond me. Makes me think you dont actually know anything beyond 4 years in this sport.
Exactly. I think they never a lot of people never really payed attention to his older fights. He was able to stomp a lot because he drug people down. Way better grappler than Aldo. Aldo has good tdd, no denying that, but every where else Shogun is better. Part of Shogun's tdd not being too good is because he doesn't seem to mind grappling and save for a few fights (Jones, Chael), he's been able to come out on top on the floor.

A lot of times you judge how good someone is by their competition. Aldo has wins over OK guys. His best opponents are Max, Connor and Edgar and his record with those is mixed. Urijah, Cub and Mendes are decent but not like the list of fighters on Shogun's resume. Shogun also never tried to kill himself to make weight, he fought at a comfortable weight class and even went to fight at HW that one time. Aldo on the other hand was comfortable with Edgar and Pettis coming down to fight him instead.

Personal preference, for some reason Shogun fights entertain me more than Aldo fights. Which is weird, because I am not a JUST BLEED guy at all, in fact Machida is my huckleberry. It's complicated.

i think aldo is slightly better. but not by much. it's very even.

Shogun has more fame and notoriety, however Aldo is far better, I'd argue has a top 5 p4p all time. Shogun was beat though but if you see a top 5 p4p list in a forum between members, shogun is literally never on it whereas at least some of the time Aldo is. For me the top 5 is:

1. Jones
2. Silva
3. GSP
4. Fedor
5. Aldo, slightly edging mighty mouse for having faced a tougher slew of opponents.

Shogun doesn't even crack my top ten, he's maybe top 15

Back