Is Jose Aldo a better fighter than Shogun?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is a question that always bugged me:

Is Peak Aldo better than a Peak Shogun?

What u guys say?

brazil_08.jpg

(Brazil's holy trinity imo)

This is a question that always bugged me:

Is Peak Aldo better than a Peak Shogun?

What u guys say?

brazil_08.jpg

(Brazil's holy trinity imo)

ZRX0_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
Odd comparison, but good question? Shogun because I related more in size and weight classes...

In my eyes, Jose Aldo is still the best MMA fighter I've ever seen.

Shogun vs Silva now that we will never get to see, along witrh Tyson vs Lewis prime for prime. It should be made illegal for the top fighters to not face off. Its robbing human history of richness.

Aldo is probably better, but I'd sure as f*** rather watch Shogun fight.

Lol is this a serious question? Jose Aldo is an all-time great. Shogun keeps living off his 2005. He is not even the best 205er.

Shogun in his prime was probably more ferocious and entertaining, and never really lost in his entire Pride run, however I think the better fighter is Jose Aldo.

Aldo went undefeated in (I think) 18 fights, for nearly a decade, and has the most title defenses in his perspective division. His TDD was absolutely impeccable and he had some of the most devastating leg kicks of all time. Shogun is more legendary and has a better resume in terms of opponents, however Aldo was more dominant in his reign and well rounded. Very close comparison tho since both were INCREDIBLE fighters.

You can't be serious, man. In terms of skillset Aldo and Shogun aren't in the same league. Aldo is obviously much more skilled pretty much everywhere (except foot stomps).

Aldo defended his belt multiple times...Shogun tapped to strikes in his first title defence.

I think Shogun in top form is better. Everyone knows hes had a list of injuries that kept him from competing at his best, but when hes on a roll, theres no stopping him.

Back