Is Jose Aldo a better fighter than Shogun?

I think Shogun in top form is better. Everyone knows hes had a list of injuries that kept him from competing at his best, but when hes on a roll, theres no stopping him.
Yeah, but what does that mean "top form"? I think in most peoples' minds, a fighter's career in PRIDE has a huge asterisk.

Yeah, but what does that mean "top form"? I think in most peoples' minds, a fighter's career in PRIDE has a huge asterisk.

It means unhindered by injuries that require surgery. Those clearly affected his performance.

Judging by how many UFC's top dogs are possing hot, id say theres an asterix on the whole sport, or there isnt one at all.

Aldo is a more skilled fighter than Shogun in every single goddamn aspect of fighting.

The main problem is that Shogun peaked very early in his career due to injuries. IMO when he won the UFC title, he was already past his peak. He was a savage in his early Pride days.
Aldo's run is amazing. Dominated his division for years. And still has the age and talent to become the FW champion again if his mindset will let him and he maybe changes to an American gym. And he must have one of the best TD's in the UFC.
Aldo needs to get into a stable place mentally to get to where he was.

He was winning until Max triggered something in Aldo by taunting.

For sure. Better athlete, more technical striker, much better TDD. Isn't close.

I love Shogun but Aldo has like 19 title defenses

Aldo is better than shogun, prime v prime. Hell, Aldo now would slip and rip the leg kicks to shoguns bad legs and win a fight against a guy almost twice his size.

Lol aldo is being kod by little dudes. I dont think he can take a jab from shogun

Jose Aldo wouldn't get subbed by someone of Chael Sonnen's skill set.

Jose better all round fighter and long term legacy.

For about 2yrs we saw a real badass in Shogun.

GOATs meaning one of the greatest of all time, I don't see what's wrong with that? And jeez dude calm down with the mean words, hurting my feelings

I damn sure hope I was...

giphy.gif

no. shogun bodied his competition during his pride days, arguably his prime.

Back