Is Jose Aldo a better fighter than Shogun?

Aldo is much more well rounded.

But Shogun fought during the Golden Era of the most celebrated division in MMA and was #1 during his peak.
He was able to recapture glory in the UFC with a short stint as champ.
The guy has fought the "who's who" of LHW....Jones, Overeem, Rampage, Chuck, Arona, Machida, Lil Nog, Coleman, Forrest, Hendo, Randleman, and Babalu. He did pretty damn well against this amazing list too.

Aldo might be the "better" fighter, but there is something about accomplishing things at LHW that means 100x more to me.

He's the 2nd best LHW without a doubt. Destroyed rampage, chuck liddell, arona, overeem x2, Machida, lil nog, and etc...
Actually there is a lot of doubt...but you are entitled to have an opinion. Just shouldn't say without a doubt when there's....doubt.

This is a silly question, Aldo is a GOAT and Shogun is not altho he is a legend of the sport

This is a silly question, Aldo is a GOAT and Shogun is not altho he is a legend of the sport

You're entitled to think that Aldo is the GOAT, but if you believe that there's multiple *GOAT's" - hence "a GOAT" - then go f*ck yourself.

Aldo's more well-rounded, but Shogun had to face tougher competition cuz he fights in a storied weight-class, and thus has the better wins.

In my eyes, Jose Aldo is still the best MMA fighter I've ever seen.
I'd go with DJ personally. People hate on him for being small but he is outstanding in every aspect of the sport.

Lol is this a serious question? Jose Aldo is an all-time great. Shogun keeps living off his 2005. He is not even the best 205er.
shoguns fighting style required having knees. Shogun currently has no knees. Not hard to see why hes diminished.

Just didnt develop the love... I understand... i dont like Jones either. :)
No quite the contrary, I enjoyed watching him fight. I just think the division was really weak and that as far as quality goes Aldo is a far superior fighter. If you asked who I was most excited to watch fight in their prime the answer is unquestionably Shogun.

Who says I missed anything. I didn't.
Everyone has their preference on what they like I guess. For me shogun before he lost his knees made any fight card better. There was no way I was gonna.miss one of his fights.

The main problem is that Shogun peaked very early in his career due to injuries. IMO when he won the UFC title, he was already past his peak. He was a savage in his early Pride days.
Aldo's run is amazing. Dominated his division for years. And still has the age and talent to become the FW champion again if his mindset will let him and he maybe changes to an American gym. And he must have one of the best TD's in the UFC.

I don't like comparing a little guy vs a bigger guy in terms of who was better. Aldo looks like a more well rounded fighter and had a great run. But Shogun faced killers. Obviously he wasn't the same after the usada, and he did lose more fights as well, but I'm going prime Shogun for his wins over better fighters than Aldo.

Shogun had one great year, Aldo had a great decade.

Everyone has their preference on what they like I guess. For me shogun before he lost his knees made any fight card better. There was no way I was gonna.miss one of his fights.
Like I said in my other post I feel the same way. I find him much more exciting than Aldo. But As far as talent goes I think Aldo is far more talented.

Like I said in my other post I feel the same way. I find him much more exciting than Aldo. But As far as talent goes I think Aldo is far more talented.
hard to argue that on a technical stand point i think if aldo had the wrestling to match the rest of his game he would be the most complete fighter on paper there is

what are we comparing here, their records at their peak?

You're entitled to think that Aldo is the GOAT, but if you believe that there's multiple *GOAT's" - hence "a GOAT" - then go f*ck yourself.
GOATs meaning one of the greatest of all time, I don't see what's wrong with that? And jeez dude calm down with the mean words, hurting my feelings

Back