Is Georges St-Pierre the greatest of all time?

Bisping isn't a bad win but he took that title shot from someone else and then after winning it he didn't do the right thing and defend it. I'm not saying he isn't sick but he still could have recovered and fought again at MW. People would have been fine with waiting. Then GSP and his fans complain about the size difference and my response is then don't fucking fight at MW. He shouldn't have been there in the first place.

His last fight at WW was controversial. He should have fought Tyron.

GSP doesn't know when or if he will compete again, or in what weight class. You are forgetting that he has colitis, and everything seems to indicate this was at least partially induced because of his attempt to put on mass. He was throwing up the day of the fight, and he has already lost a lot of weight.

He has said, understandably, that if he returns he does not know in what weight class he would fight in.

Why the fuck would he keep a division on hold when his medical condition makes it unclear that he will be able to compete in the near future, and why the fuck would he commit to fighting at MW when his body did not respond to the weight gain well?

To please you and his detractors? Seriously, how old are you?

You can say what you want about him, but you certainly can't deny is skill. He's up there as one of the best, no doubt.

latest

People forgot how much of a savage "pre Serra" GSP could be.

You can say what you want about him, but you certainly can't deny is skill. He's up there as one of the best, no doubt.

latest

People forgot how much of a savage "pre Serra" GSP could be.

The Fitch fight was post Serra. He beat the shit out of Fitch for 25 minutes.

GSP doesn't know when or if he will compete again, or in what weight class. You are forgetting that he has colitis, and everything seems to indicate this was at least partially induced because of his attempt to put on mass. He was throwing up the day of the fight, and he has already lost a lot of weight.

In one of his last interviews he specifically said that he thinks he will fight again. I didn't forget anything, my last post mentioned him being sick. Again I said he shouldn't have gone to MW in the first place but he went after the easiest title fight he could. He says that he no longer suffers symptoms so it stands to reason that he could have stayed at MW, recovered, and then defended the belt.

He has said, understandably, that if he returns he does not know in what weight class he would fight in.

Why the fuck would he keep a division on hold when his medical condition makes it unclear that he will be able to compete in the near future, and why the fuck would he commit to fighting at MW when his body did not respond to the weight gain well?

To please you and his detractors? Seriously, how old are you?

He could have waited to see how bad his condition was and if he couldn't fight again then that is understandable but we all suspected he would fight again and he says that he plans on it. Why should he fight at MW? Because he decided to fight there for the title. IMO that is taking the responsibility to fight there again.

He talks constantly about his legacy so I would say he does care about what his fans think. You seem really upset that I don't agree with you, so how old are you?

Nope he's not. Jon Jones is the best since he never lost. GSP was on roids as well but never got caught. He only fought once under USADA and it was probably a back door deal like Brock got.

GSP could have easily been the best if he had moved up to fight Silva around 2010-2011. But he didnt. He had every excuse in the book for not fighting Silva.

GSP is the goat

Jones had the most potential to be goat but can’t get his shit together to prove it

Silva is a close second with fedor imo.

no, he did not. He looked fine. Did he look like how he did during his peak at 170? nope, but he looked good enough to get the job done and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

I am and have been one of the biggest Fedor fans on this forum since I joined about 12 years ago. There's probably very few who have ever defended him in every thread how I have. And even knowing that, it's still laughable when people don't even CONSIDER GSP to be the best ever.

For me, it's Fedor as well. His style of fighting was the most exciting in MMA history imo. He was the biggest bad ass ever in MMA to me. Nobody was nor has done, anything remotely close to what he did in ring (Khabib's last couple fights have sort of been like it though)

Still, it's hard to suggest that GSP isn't at least in the running. He has perhaps the strongest resume of all of the guys in the "GOAT" talks, simply because he took on every top challenger in his era, at their peak, and beat them all. His strength of schedule is ridiculous. People want to give Anderson shit for his weak division, or that Jones fought a lot of older guys, or that Fedor fought legit guys but also had a lot of squash match-ups in there (zulu, HMC, those are the only two I can even really think of and they're still not that bad lol). But none of that can be said for GSP.

Whether he is your #1 or #5, to say anything but GSP is one of the greatest ever is laughable. With that said

Long Live The Emperor

GSP and Bisping was a pretty even matchup. Think about that for a second. Lol.

No, GSP coming back, gassing and landing a hail Mary KO on Bisping is not all that impressive.

Two belts? Lol. GSP straight up ran from Whitaker, Romero, Jacare, Rockhold, and Weidman.

Fedor. Most kids here think any fight before 2015 was in the dark ages and nobody was well rounded.

In the context of the UFC; I've always wanted to believe it was Anderson Silva, in his prime he was amazing. I then admitted, maybe it's Jon Jones, and then, okay I have to agree that Jones is the GOAT... but then Jones tests positive again for steroids...

Georges St-Pierre comes back after four years, moves up a weight division and then beats the champion (who was a former light heavyweight) in his first fight... never tested positive for steroids and fought and beat bigger guys unlike Jon Jones.

Why do so many discount GSP in the discussion or rarely mention him?

I mean Joe Rogan may every now and then mention him but tends to focus on Silva and Jon 'Roids' Bones.

I would say matt hughes is goat even if gsp beat him

No. Jon jones is the GOAT for the simple reason of having zero legitimate losses.

USADA is just a minor hiccup, he’ll be back more dominant than ever.

minor hiccup come on man.

jon jones should get a lifetime ban. 3 strikes and your out.

It's jones, any other answer is from a salty fan of someone he destroyed. And prob thought Jones was to green to beat a "monster" like shogun. He is the goat, deal with it! There is zero people on the UFC roster that can stop him. That makes him the goat

goat of taking peds you mean.

I have a hard time believing the greatest of all time would take an easy belt and then give it up so he doesn't have to fight the real top fighters in a division.

well that what gsp did

GSP and Bisping was a pretty even matchup. Think about that for a second. Lol.

No, GSP coming back, gassing and landing a hail Mary KO on Bisping is not all that impressive.

Two belts? Lol. GSP straight up ran from Whitaker, Romero, Jacare, Rockhold, and Weidman.

a hail mary KO? you know he won by RNC right?

And a "pretty even match-up" isnt that bad considering Georges fought at 170 lbs his entire career. Bisping has fought at 205 lbs and has been considered a very good fighter with a well rounded skill-set for a long time.

And whether he ran from the other guys makes no difference in his fight vs Bisping. Nor any of the fights he had at 170 lbs. His strength of schedule is better than any fighter. He beat EVERY top contender at 170 lbs for a very long time. And pretty much dominated.

If you're not impressed by what he did, then i don't know what to tell you. You might just be a hater. And this comes from someone who is most likely a much bigger Fedor fan than you will ever be.

And if you read my post, you'd see I said Fedor > GSP

This.

GSP nuthuggers trying to ignore that he went 11 years without being able to finish a fighter in his weight class LOL!!

just cause he didn't finsh any one didn't mean he couldn't. gsp choose to lay and prey on people.

Nope he's not. Jon Jones is the best since he never lost. GSP was on roids as well but never got caught. He only fought once under USADA and it was probably a back door deal like Brock got.

GSP could have easily been the best if he had moved up to fight Silva around 2010-2011. But he didnt. He had every excuse in the book for not fighting Silva.

brock had to complete the 6 month clean testing period before cause brock lesner fucked the ufc so bad.

Back