Is Georges St-Pierre the greatest of all time?

No.

Fedor.

GSP moved up and beat bisping? Looked like shit doing it.
While I don't disagree that Fedor is acceptable goat. Didn't Silva get all the credit in the world for Griffin? Who wasn't champion then?(1 right removed they all bragged). GSP literally finishes a guy Anderson Silva lost to. I love sherdogs logic, so sound. Bitch George out for being a decision machine, bitch George out for getting a finish. It's almost like people forget this a sport and that winning is winning and was so dominately winning the only thing people grasp to is how he "lost" to hendricks after they couldn't the arguement he didn't move up.

GSP can't keep weight cause of a medical condition? Ducking.

Anderson Silva taking roids that literally have no affect on healing broken bones? BUT BUT HES OLD AND BROKEN LEG. GSP HAS A GUT WHEN HE BREATHES OUT THO!!!!!

minor hiccup come on man.

jon jones should get a lifetime ban. 3 strikes and your out.
He only has two strikes with PEDs under USADA. And the first time was proven to be tainted dick pills.

The cocaine was pre usada and another even minor hiccup.

Fedor is the goat atm but if DC beats Stipe it'll be his turn. GSP is a legend like Saku.

In the discussion for greatest of so far.

In the context of the UFC; I've always wanted to believe it was Anderson Silva, in his prime he was amazing. I then admitted, maybe it's Jon Jones, and then, okay I have to agree that Jones is the GOAT... but then Jones tests positive again for steroids...

Georges St-Pierre comes back after four years, moves up a weight division and then beats the champion (who was a former light heavyweight) in his first fight... never tested positive for steroids and fought and beat bigger guys unlike Jon Jones.

Why do so many discount GSP in the discussion or rarely mention him?

I mean Joe Rogan may every now and then mention him but tends to focus on Silva and Jon 'Roids' Bones.
He's the greatest Welterweight of all time. I don't believe in P4P rankings, given that there's no P4P division.

I think Jones is the GOAT, but there is an asterisk next to his name. GSP is certainly in the conversation. Probably #2. There was a time when I thought Silva was #1, but the MW division was very weak during his reign and his career really tailed off and he got popped for steroids which appears to have been rampant with the Brazilian fighters prior to USADA. So I've lowered Silva to somewhere in the Top 5. Cormier has quite a resume already and IF he beats Stipe, then he needs to be the Top 5 GOAT discussion.

1. PED's
2. conservative fighting style
3. fighting lesser competition. MMA is better now than 2008-2011, when GSP dominated. He wouldn't have the same success against Woodley, WB, Till, etc.

It’s GSP

No freak show Zulu fights
Never lost his belt
Cleaned out his division
Came out of retirement and finished the champ a weight class above his own
Never popped hot for roids

Fedor has a great argument but he falls a little short.

That’s besides the point. We have YouTube and Wikipedia.

I’m not suggesting Fedor wasn’t amazing in the 2000’s.

I’m astonished that anyone would describe Jones’ issues with USADA as a hiccup.

Buddeh if you weren’t watching back then your eyes simply cannot possibly comprehend what is playing out on your screen. Back in 2005 videos worked differently then they do nowadays, you can’t trust your eyes to tell you what you’re seeing, you need a Pride fan to tell you what actually happened.

Because I’m a cynic who believes that everyone is using to some degree, I base my opinion solely upon what I’ve seen these guys do in the cage. Based on that criteria, Jon Jones is the best fighter I’ve ever seen; no legitimate losses, no discernible weaknesses, underrated durability and an unparalleled ability to make adjustments on the fly.

I’d list GSP second in that he similarly has no discernible weakness and an A+ fight IQ.

if I had a time machine and I could back and pick a fight to watch GSP would never be in any of my choices. The 3 fights I would rewatch live would be:

fedor-emelianenko-1_medium.jpg

images

wanderlei%20silva%20ufc%20(16).jpg

They are the goats

Back