Is Georges St-Pierre the greatest of all time?

It's jones, any other answer is from a salty fan of someone he destroyed. And prob thought Jones was to green to beat a "monster" like shogun. He is the goat, deal with it! There is zero people on the UFC roster that can stop him. That makes him the goat

Most of the kids on here never seen Fedor in his prime.

That’s besides the point. We have YouTube and Wikipedia.

I’m not suggesting Fedor wasn’t amazing in the 2000’s.

I’m astonished that anyone would describe Jones’ issues with USADA as a hiccup.

That’s besides the point. We have YouTube and Wikipedia.

I’m not suggesting Fedor wasn’t amazing in the 2000’s.

I’m astonished that anyone would describe Jones’ issues with USADA as a hiccup.

Wikipedia.....

Anderson
GSP
Fedor

Whats fucking awesome for GSP fans is that he's in the talks for the GOAT. That alone is cool, that theyre fighter is considered amongst the greatest ever. My favorite fighters are GSP, Frankie and Machida... it kills me to wonder what might have been with Frankie and Machida with those championship losses they had. They also coulda very easily been discussed as GOAT candidates.

I have a hard time believing the greatest of all time would take an easy belt and then give it up so he doesn't have to fight the real top fighters in a division.

Jones? DQ because of steroids.
Anderson? DQ because of steroids.
GSP? DQ because cherry picked opponents, refused to fight Whittaker and Anderson.
DJ? Could turn out to be the GOAT in some years, but right now doesn't have enough of a strong resume to make such important claims, has yet to fight and beat TJ, at least.

Therefore, it's Fedor. He's the man, the legend, fought undersized and went undefeated for 10 years with a absurd win streak, beat 5 UFC champs.

2a624a916db3ecdf8cf2ea7019d93a70.jpg

Last edited:
The only people who deny it are blind by dislike or favoritism. There is no question for the moment. MM might be able to surpass him if he beats TJ and then defends a few more times, though.

Finally someone making a interesting untouched thread so refreshing much fresh. Ive been here a month and before that lurking around and its like 50 percent this. this guy is the goat or this guy is not the goat. There is no absolute answer there is no Mayweather in MMA no crazy undefeated streak, someone can get beat by someone levels below him because its so unpredictable. I dont mind disscussing question that can never be fully answered but its like never ending as if there was never a thread in this manner...

I have a hard time believing the greatest of all time would take an easy belt and then give it up so he doesn't have to fight the real top fighters in a division.

You forgot when he pulverized the WW division for years, in what was a stacked place if there ever was one.

Seriously, Shields was the MW SF champ with wins over Henderson, Okami, Lawler... 15 fight win streak. Penn was a two division champ, and LW champ at the time. Hughes was the greatest WW in the world and top 3 P4P fighter in the world. Condit was the interim champ, and a savage. Alves was on a morbid run... if you look at the combined records, streaks and ranks of his opponents, no one in the history of the sport has more wins against top competition. No unavenged losses either.

And winning against Bisping who was riding a winning streak against Anderson, Henderson, and Rockhold, is more than significant. He has colitis, and gave the belt up rather than bring a division to a halt, and yet people complain. The worst one can say about GSP is that he didn't finish fights during his second title run. Even he accepts this criticism. Then he finishes Bisping in an extremely exciting fight and people still detract.

The degree of imbecility in these forums is really something.

Absolutely without question. His dominance is only approached by Fedor, Silva, and Jones. The latter two are juicers. Fedor had lesser competition than GSP. Therefore, GSP is the GOAT.

GSP ducked Anderson his entire career.

This answer always pisses me off! Reason being is it was discussed a few times by media and others as a great matchup but not by the UFC so much.

When GSP was finally asked about it his reply made total sense. Saying if he faced Anderson he would need to take off time to bulk up the proper way and would want to clean out the divison first. At that point he almost had cleaned the divison out . Then he injured his leg , was out over a year and came back to a whole pile of new contenders.

It wasn't like DJ facing TJ or DC facing Stipe. DJ doesn't have any legit competition waiting in the wings. Same goes for DC And Stipe right now. TJ does but is the bigger guy moving down. Point being , when you have a shit load of guys waiting in the wings ,you fight them. Especially a few years ago before the new age UFC with all the belts on hold, guys not defending , interm belts and super Fights talked about every freaking week.

The fight was discussed very little, never even made it the UFC really talking about it and promoting it . To say he sucked Anderson his entire career is BS.

Then again ,how long have you been watching ? Probably only watched either fighter mostly on reruns, not in their prime and with no context of who they actually faced.

Georges St-Pierre is by far the greatest MMA fighter we've ever seen.
He cleaned out his division more than once, he clearly and unquestionably defeated the only 2 people to beat him, one of them being a fighter regarded as the greatest welterweight at the time both by stoppage.
He has the most wins in UFC while tied with Cerrone and Bisping, GSPs quality of opponents is far greater than the other two.
He is easily the smartest fighter we've ever seen in MMA. He's the perfect ambassador for the sport.
He retired with the welterweight title the only people that really question the Hendricks win are people that don't like GSP and are best ignored
Between August 2007 and November 2013 there was no question he won all of his fights, from 07 to 11 he didn't even lose a round
He returned after 4 years in a new weight class and took out the champion. Unfortunately health required him to relinquish his title he made no attempts to hold up the division in this period.
He has no drug scandals. he hasn't suffer a series of losses

GSP was above Anderson and Fedor when he retired in 2013 and made it impossible for those two to match him after coming back to defeat Bisping.
Fedor continues fighting and suffering humiliating losses and Anderson Fails drug tests and fails again
Jones who is mentioned and probably should be the greatest can't stay clean for fucking one fight and deserves no consideration. Bury his career.

Back