Is Georges St-Pierre the greatest of all time?

Georges St-Pierre is by far the greatest MMA fighter we've ever seen.
He cleaned out his division more than once, he clearly and unquestionably defeated the only 2 people to beat him, one of them being a fighter regarded as the greatest welterweight at the time both by stoppage.
He has the most wins in UFC while tied with Cerrone and Bisping, GSPs quality of opponents is far greater than the other two.
He is easily the smartest fighter we've ever seen in MMA. He's the perfect ambassador for the sport.
He retired with the welterweight title the only people that really question the Hendricks win are people that don't like GSP and are best ignored
Between August 2007 and November 2013 there was no question he won all of his fights, from 07 to 11 he didn't even lose a round
He returned after 4 years in a new weight class and took out the champion. Unfortunately health required him to relinquish his title he made no attempts to hold up the division in this period.
He has no drug scandals. he hasn't suffer a series of losses

GSP was above Anderson and Fedor when he retired in 2013 and made it impossible for those two to match him after coming back to defeat Bisping.
Fedor continues fighting and suffering humiliating losses and Anderson Fails drug tests and fails again
Jones who is mentioned and probably should be the greatest can't stay clean for fucking one fight and deserves no consideration. Bury his career.

GSP was not above Anderson.

GSP tapped to strikes and on top of that had the highest decision rate due to his timid fight style

It's jones, any other answer is from a salty fan of someone he destroyed. And prob thought Jones was to green to beat a "monster" like shogun. He is the goat, deal with it! There is zero people on the UFC roster that can stop him. That makes him the goat

This.

GSP nuthuggers trying to ignore that he went 11 years without being able to finish a fighter in his weight class LOL!!

It's jones, any other answer is from a salty fan of someone he destroyed. And prob thought Jones was to green to beat a "monster" like shogun. He is the goat, deal with it! There is zero people on the UFC roster that can stop him. That makes him the goat

Anabolic-Steroids.jpg

His resume is top 5 but the lack of finishes in his prime is a blemish for me whether people want to agree or not.

Fedor to me is the greatest and I really don't care if haters want to hate.

Wikipedia.....

Indeed, Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_Emelianenko

Mixed martial arts record
Professional record breakdown [show]
Res.
Record Opponent Method Event Date Round Time Location Notes
Loss 36–5 (1) Matt Mitrione KO (punches) Bellator NYC 24 June 2017 1 1:14 New York City, New York, United States
Win 36–4 (1) Fábio Maldonado Decision (majority) Fight Nights Global 50: Fedor vs. Maldonado 17 June 2016 3 5:00 St. Petersburg, Russia Result unofficially ruled a Draw by the World Mixed Martial Arts Association; however, that decision has not been recognized by the Russian MMA Union.
Win 35–4 (1) Singh Jaideep Submission (punches) Rizin World Grand Prix 2015 Finale: Iza 31 December 2015 1 3:02 Saitama, Saitama, Japan
Win 34–4 (1) Pedro Rizzo KO (punches) M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Rizzo 21 June 2012 1 1:24 St. Petersburg, Leningrad Oblast, Russia
Win 33–4 (1) Satoshi Ishii KO (punches) Fight For Japan: GDKO 2011 31 December 2011 1 2:29 Saitama, Saitama, Japan
Win 32–4 (1) Jeff Monson Decision (unanimous) M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Monson 20 November 2011 3 5:00 Moscow, Moscow Oblast, Russia
Loss 31–4 (1) Dan Henderson TKO (punches) Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson 30 July 2011 1 4:12 Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States
Loss 31–3 (1) Antônio Silva TKO (doctor stoppage) Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Silva 12 February 2011 2 5:00 East Rutherford, New Jersey, United States Strikeforce 2011 Heavyweight Grand Prix Quarterfinal.
Loss 31–2 (1) Fabrício Werdum Submission (triangle armbar) Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Werdum 26 June 2010 1 1:09 San Jose, California, United States
Win 31–1 (1) Brett Rogers TKO (punches) Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers 7 November 2009 2 1:48 Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States Defended WAMMA Heavyweight Championship.
Win 30–1 (1) Andrei Arlovski KO (punch) Affliction: Day of Reckoning 24 January 2009 1 3:14 Anaheim, California, United States Defended WAMMA Heavyweight Championship; Knockout of the Year (2009).
Win 29–1 (1) Tim Sylvia Submission (rear-naked choke) Affliction: Banned 19 July 2008 1 0:36 Anaheim, California, United States Won inaugural WAMMA Heavyweight Championship; Submission of the Year (2008).
Win 28–1 (1) Choi Hong-man Submission (armbar) Yarennoka! 31 December 2007 1 1:54 Saitama, Saitama, Japan
Win 27–1 (1) Matt Lindland Submission (armbar) BodogFIGHT: Clash of the Nations 14 April 2007 1 2:58 St. Petersburg, Leningrad Oblast, Russia
Win 26–1 (1) Mark Hunt Submission (kimura) Pride Shockwave 2006 31 December 2006 1 8:16 Saitama, Saitama, Japan Defended PRIDE Heavyweight Championship.
Win 25–1 (1) Mark Coleman Submission (armbar) Pride 32 21 October 2006 2 1:17 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Win 24–1 (1) Zuluzinho Submission (punches) Pride Shockwave 2005 31 December 2005 1 0:26 Saitama, Saitama, Japan
Win 23–1 (1) Mirko Cro Cop Decision (unanimous) Pride Final Conflict 2005 28 August 2005 3 5:00 Saitama, Saitama, Japan Defended PRIDE Heavyweight Championship. Fight of the Year (2005). Fight of the Decade (2000s).
Win 22–1 (1) Tsuyoshi Kohsaka TKO (doctor stoppage) Pride Bushido 6 3 April 2005 1 10:00 Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Win 21–1 (1) Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira Decision (unanimous) Pride Shockwave 2004 31 December 2004 3 5:00 Saitama, Saitama, Japan Defended PRIDE Heavyweight Championship.
NC 20–1 (1) Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira No Contest (accidental headbutt) Pride Final Conflict 2004 15 August 2004 1 3:52 Saitama, Saitama, Japan
Win 20–1 Naoya Ogawa Submission (armbar) Pride Final Conflict 2004 1 0:54
Win 19–1 Kevin Randleman Submission (kimura) Pride Critical Countdown 2004 20 June 2004 1 1:33 Saitama, Saitama, Japan
Win 18–1 Mark Coleman Submission (armbar) Pride Total Elimination 2004 25 April 2004 1 2:11 Saitama, Saitama, Japan
Win 17–1 Yuji Nagata TKO (punches) Inoki Bom-Ba-Ye 2003 31 December 2003 1 1:02 Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
Win 16–1 Gary Goodridge TKO (soccer kicks and punches) Pride Total Elimination 2003 10 August 2003 1 1:09 Saitama, Saitama, Japan
Win 15–1 Kazuyuki Fujita Submission (rear-naked choke) Pride 26 8 June 2003 1 4:17 Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Win 14–1 Egidijus Valavicius Submission (kimura) Rings Lithuania: Bushido Rings 7: Adrenalinas 5 April 2003 2 1:11 Vilnius, Lithuania
Win 13–1 Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira Decision (unanimous) Pride 25 16 March 2003 3 5:00 Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan Won PRIDE Heavyweight Championship.
Win 12–1 Heath Herring TKO (doctor stoppage) Pride 23 24 November 2002 1 10:00 Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Win 11–1 Semmy Schilt Decision (unanimous) Pride 21 23 June 2002 3 5:00 Saitama, Saitama, Japan
Win 10–1 Chris Haseman TKO (punches) Rings: World Title Series Grand Final 15 February 2002 1 2:50 Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan RINGS 2001 Absolute Class Tournament Final.
Win 9–1 Lee Hasdell Submission (guillotine choke) Rings: World Title Series 5 21 December 2001 1 4:10 Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan RINGS 2001 Absolute Class Tournament Semifinal.
Win 8–1 Ryushi Yanagisawa Decision (unanimous) Rings: World Title Series 4 20 October 2001 3 5:00 Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan RINGS 2001 Absolute Class Tournament Quarterfinal.
Win 7–1 Renato Sobral Decision (unanimous) Rings: 10th Anniversary 11 August 2001 2 5:00 Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan RINGS 2001 Openweight Title Tournament Final.
Win 6–1 Kerry Schall Submission (armbar) Rings: World Title Series 1 20 April 2001 1 1:47 Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan RINGS 2001 Openweight Title Tournament Semifinal.
Win 5–1 Mihail Apostolov Submission (rear-naked choke) Rings Russia: Russia vs. Bulgaria 6 April 2001 1 1:03 Yekaterinburg, Sverdlovsk Oblast, Russia
Loss 4–1 Tsuyoshi Kohsaka TKO (doctor stoppage) Rings: King of Kings 2000 Block B 22 December 2000 1 0:17 Osaka, Osaka, Japan RINGS King of Kings 2000 Tournament 2nd Round.
Win 4–0 Ricardo Arona Decision (unanimous) Rings: King of Kings 2000 Block B 3 5:00 RINGS King of Kings 2000 Tournament Opening Round.
Win 3–0 Hiroya Takada KO (punches) Rings: Battle Genesis Vol. 6 5 September 2000 1 0:12 Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Win 2–0 Levon Lagvilava Submission (rear-naked choke) Rings: Russia vs. Georgia 16 August 2000 1 7:24 Tula, Tula Oblast, Russia
Win 1–0 Martin Lazarov Submission (guillotine choke) Rings Russia: Russia vs. Bulgaria 21 May 2000 1 2:24 Yekaterinburg, Sverdlovsk Oblast, Russia

GSP was not above Anderson.

GSP tapped to strikes and on top of that had the highest decision rate due to his timid fight style

What are you, 12?
Tapped to strikes instead of just getting hit in the face some more and risking further damage?

How'd he do in the rematch? Oh yeah that's right.

Guess we'll gloss over Anderson being submitted by Daiju Takase or Ryo Chonan. Convenient how that works

And winning against Bisping who was riding a winning streak against Anderson, Henderson, and Rockhold, is more than significant. He has colitis, and gave the belt up rather than bring a division to a halt, and yet people complain. The worst one can say about GSP is that he didn't finish fights during his second title run. Even he accepts this criticism. Then he finishes Bisping in an extremely exciting fight and people still detract.

Bisping isn't a bad win but he took that title shot from someone else and then after winning it he didn't do the right thing and defend it. I'm not saying he isn't sick but he still could have recovered and fought again at MW. People would have been fine with waiting. Then GSP and his fans complain about the size difference and my response is then don't fucking fight at MW. He shouldn't have been there in the first place.

His last fight at WW was controversial. He should have fought Tyron.

In the context of the UFC; I've always wanted to believe it was Anderson Silva, in his prime he was amazing. I then admitted, maybe it's Jon Jones, and then, okay I have to agree that Jones is the GOAT... but then Jones tests positive again for steroids...

Georges St-Pierre comes back after four years, moves up a weight division and then beats the champion (who was a former light heavyweight) in his first fight... never tested positive for steroids and fought and beat bigger guys unlike Jon Jones.

Why do so many discount GSP in the discussion or rarely mention him?

I mean Joe Rogan may every now and then mention him but tends to focus on Silva and Jon 'Roids' Bones.
Why do these GOAT threads come back every week? And every single time it's from some random dumbass with very few posts..

Use the search function ffs.

What are you, 12?
Tapped to strikes instead of just getting hit in the face some more and risking further damage?

How'd he do in the rematch? Oh yeah that's right.

Guess we'll gloss over Anderson being submitted by Daiju Takase or Ryo Chonan. Convenient how that works

Tapped to strikes like a bitch to Matt Sera. Someone who had a 3/10 chances of winning that night.

GSP can never be GOAT, get his dick out of your mouth. You aren't fooling anyone

Tapped to strikes like a bitch to Matt Sera. Someone who had a 3/10 chances of winning that night.

GSP can never be GOAT, get his dick out of your mouth. You aren't fooling anyone

12 Year Old mentality confirmed.
Typical and pathetic.
Disregarding all your blatantly stupid comments

No.

Fedor.

GSP moved up and beat bisping? Looked like shit doing it.

no, he did not. He looked fine. Did he look like how he did during his peak at 170? nope, but he looked good enough to get the job done and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

I am and have been one of the biggest Fedor fans on this forum since I joined about 12 years ago. There's probably very few who have ever defended him in every thread how I have. And even knowing that, it's still laughable when people don't even CONSIDER GSP to be the best ever.

For me, it's Fedor as well. His style of fighting was the most exciting in MMA history imo. He was the biggest bad ass ever in MMA to me. Nobody was nor has done, anything remotely close to what he did in ring (Khabib's last couple fights have sort of been like it though)

Still, it's hard to suggest that GSP isn't at least in the running. He has perhaps the strongest resume of all of the guys in the "GOAT" talks, simply because he took on every top challenger in his era, at their peak, and beat them all. His strength of schedule is ridiculous. People want to give Anderson shit for his weak division, or that Jones fought a lot of older guys, or that Fedor fought legit guys but also had a lot of squash match-ups in there (zulu, HMC, those are the only two I can even really think of and they're still not that bad lol). But none of that can be said for GSP.

Whether he is your #1 or #5, to say anything but GSP is one of the greatest ever is laughable. With that said

Long Live The Emperor

The statistical odds, which you made up, are irrelevant. As is the method of the loss. Whether GSP was knocked out cold or submitted or tapped to strikes is also irrelevant to the conversation.

Are you suggesting GSP should have taken more damage to the head when he couldn't defend himself? Quickly can you let me know when you have fought, either professionally, amateurs or smokers? A link if you can. I suspect you have never competed in your life.

Steroids factoring into goat discussions is lol worthy because fighters know everyone is using. The whole "I'm a clean athlete schtick" is simply marketing for the naieve fans.

Back