Is Georges St-Pierre the greatest of all time?

I love GSP but there is no such thing as a GOAT.

Great......another 10 page'Whos the goat?' Thread....

No. Jon jones is the GOAT for the simple reason of having zero legitimate losses.

USADA is just a minor hiccup, he’ll be back more dominant than ever.

In that case, Khabib is the GOAT. 0 losses, 0 no contests, 0 drug test failures.

The main critique against GSP and Jones was that they never had the balls to move up and fight bigger guys. I can understand and respect a guy fighting in his own weightclass. I would probably do the same, but that takes them out of the top 3 GOAT talks imo.

GSP has somewhat fixed that by beating the MW champ, so it definitely moves him up in the top 3.

I still think he has a pretty long way before he beats Anderson and Fedor, but if he captures the WW belt again, defends it, and do another superfight against a top 10 mw, he sure can get there.

Strictly in the UFC I have GSP and Anderson tied. GSP faced tougher competition but couldn’t finish. Anderson finished more and fought larger opponents. You could argue all day who take it tho. GOAT of all time is Fedor of course

I have to say Bones. He's a train wreck of a person but when competing in MMA this man is deadly and watching his fights most people realize this is a highlight of greatness. His dominance in an extremely stacked division is unparalleled.

Can't say anything like this about Anderson, GSP or Fedor.

Got no problems with it.

Personally scored GSP Hendricks a Draw.

His losses don't hold much weight as he won the rematch with Serra and avenged the Hughes loss twice.

Other than that, it was him dominating everyone, always fighting the toughest fights and won multiple belts.

It’s subjective.
Fedor was fucking amazing.
DC has only lost to a juiced up crackhead.

Mouse has been the most well rounded fighter I have ever watched, but gets hate for being a “Manlet”.
Great point. If DC beats Stipe, how do people view him in terms of all time greats? He has to be up there, and with Jones PED history it makes it a gray area.

Got no problems with it.

Personally scored GSP Hendricks a Draw.

His losses don't hold much weight as he won the rematch with Serra and avenged the Hughes loss twice.

Other than that, it was him dominating everyone, always fighting the toughest fights and won multiple belts.
Precisely.

In the context of the UFC; I've always wanted to believe it was Anderson Silva, in his prime he was amazing. I then admitted, maybe it's Jon Jones, and then, okay I have to agree that Jones is the GOAT... but then Jones tests positive again for steroids...

Georges St-Pierre comes back after four years, moves up a weight division and then beats the champion (who was a former light heavyweight) in his first fight... never tested positive for steroids and fought and beat bigger guys unlike Jon Jones.

Why do so many discount GSP in the discussion or rarely mention him?

I mean Joe Rogan may every now and then mention him but tends to focus on Silva and Jon 'Roids' Bones.
Gsp is the goat and fedor

Silva Jones They both tested positive.

He is incredibly smart and skilled, having won a large number of fights with minimal damage. GOAT isn't real, it's a shitty invention to get people chatting gonna message boards. I don't think someone of GSPs size can be considered the best ever. Roy Nelson would brutally knock him out.

tILzaGU.gif

GSP has over twice the number of top 5 wins Fedor does, he also didn't get to fight cans while on his championship run.

Jones cheated at least twice and likely more

Anderson cheated as well

If MM moves up and fights TJ then wins he is GOAT. But if he doesn't then how can you deny Jones being the GOAT?? Steriods doesn't improve your ability that he posses. Jones GOAT

Back