Is Ballistic Ecks vs Sever the worst movie of all time?

I think I rented it when it first came out on VHS or whatever. I don't remember anything about it.

4321-Lucy-Liu.jpg

Highlander: The Source is exponentially worse. I'll take Connery, Lambert and Ironsides hamming it up every day of the week and twice on Sunday over that cinematic turd. It explosively craps on everything Highlander fans love.
They're going to reboot the Highlander series of movies.

Definitely in running for the worst title of all time. Wasn't this based on some terrible video game?

I kind of want to watch this, but if it's not even "so bad it's good" I guess I'll pass.

Highlander: The Source is exponentially worse. I'll take Connery, Lambert and Ironsides hamming it up every day of the week and twice on Sunday over that cinematic turd. It explosively craps on everything Highlander fans love.

..or Highlander: The Sauce as I like to call ot given that it surely could only have been made whilst very drunk.

its definately NOT good...but worst? Ive seen plenty of worse movies lol

go watch A Man called Rainbow ((with Sylvester Stallone)) and then come back and lets talk about EvS lol

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.co...s-sever-is-the-most-rotten-movie-of-all-time/

Fifteen years ago today, the Antonio Banderas/Lucy Liu vehicle Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever was released to universal disdain. This wasn’t just an unusually panned motion picture. No, as of this writing, Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever holds the distinction of being the single worst-reviewed movie in Rotten Tomatoes history.

This site tallied together the score of no less than 116 reviews (that’s a lot!), and not a single one was deemed positive. There wasn’t even a single contrarian, Armond White-style hot take — something like, “Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever is the most important, humane and misunderstood film of the last forty years” — to throw off the film’s perfectly terrible score.

Usually when a movie is dubbed the worst of its time, or of all time, there’s a motley crew of defenders insisting that what critics and respectable folks think make it unforgivably awful is secretly what makes it awesome. That’s not the case here. As far as I know, there is no cult for this sad little orphan, just detractors.

- Rotten Tomatoes/the guy that writes for the AV Club

I bought that film 13 or 14 years ago, I worked next to a record store that had a big used movie section. I had never heard of Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever, but it had Antonio Banderas and Lucy Liu, plus the guy that was Darth Maul from the worst Star Wars movie and Toad in X-Men (Ray Park). Could it be that bad? I bought it for a dollar, just a year or two after it came out. I watched it exactly one time, and I never would again.

It was so bad. I mean, I'd put it in my pantheon of worst movies ever made. Sure there may be worse movies in terms of terrible, but this had absolutely zero redeeming features. There was nothing about this picture that made it enjoyable, or better, or new. The plot was poor, the action was almost unbearable, the main characters had zero chemistry, there were Baysplosions everywhere, and it just didn't make sense. It was boring. For an action movie, there was never anything that was even remotely exciting for me, amidst the shootouts and chases and fistfights. It wasn't memorable in any way EXCEPT that it was COMPLETELY unmemorable in EVERY way. Even the title doesn't make sense, because they teamed up to fight the big bad, so why is it Character A vs Character B in the title? Why is Ballistic in the title? Why isn't it just called Ballistic?

I'm sure you'll gladly chime in "that's not the worst movie, this is" but if you do, you're going to need to give an explanation because this one is among the worst of the worst.

It would have to be especially bad. The only movie I have ever started and not finished is "Wild Hogz".

Does Tommy Wiseau's movie get a free pass because it's so bad it's funny?

See, that's where the "worst" part of EvS shows up - there are no redeeming parts.
MK Annihilation is 110% irredeemable.
No real unintentionally funny scenes.
Since when do movies get credit for unintentionally funny scenes?

They're unintentional.

No silly lines or deliveries.
And it would have made EvS better?

Mortal Kombat Annihilation had that.

No, it had none of the above.

It made me laugh.
It made everyone else cry.

It's got a cult following to an extent, where EvS doesn't.
No, it doesn't. At best, it's blended with the Power Rangers and American Gladiators fanbases. Only reason why it's sold copies on DVD/BluRay is because its bundled with the first movie.

There's no one that says it has any redeeming value, and that seems significant in determining what the true consensus worst film is.

EvS having zero positive reviews just means the studio knew it was such shit, it wasn't worth paying off movie reviewers for fake positive buzz.

Ya know, the type of reviewers that the studio copy and pastes a few words of the review onto the DVD/BluRay box, hoping to push more copies with... 'A Fun Thrill Ride!' or 'One of the Best Movies Of The Year!'

Yeah, that's always a dead giveaway the movie is absolute shit, and the studio didn't bother with even that.

And MKA is far worse than EvS because it not only was a shittier movie overall, but it killed one of our favorite franchises from when alot of us were kids. Killed it dead, and it even tarnished the original since the cliffhanger ending was resolved so fucking horribly.

EvS was just a horrible movie, but no one had any expectations or hopes it would be good based off an outside source material that was actually good.

I think it's one of the biggest BO bombs of all time, but worst movie? Highly debatable, and I don't even think it registers on shit-o-meter, when taking into consideration the truly terrible shit out there.

One of the worst titles of all time though, that's for sure.

Ok, let me rephrase that, I liked Brian Thompson in that role.

So, you liked Brian Thompson as a buttersoft bitch trying to please his daddy.

I kid, I kid... sorta.

I'll admit there wasn't an actor alive that could have taken that costume and dialogue and made chicken salad out of that chickenshit.

Back