Is Ballistic Ecks vs Sever the worst movie of all time?

That's it, though. It had no emotional impact. No resonance. No memorable parts. I pride myself in having an excellent memory, and I can't remember a single scene from it. The only flashback I might have to it is a fight on a like a catwalk over something deadly. I don't even know if that's from the film, it was a fight with Ray Park and the others.

There were no redeeming qualities in any way. Think about the films you've watched, and the things you've learned or gained or remembered from them. Even if it's minor, I remember Cemetery Man because of the dumb buddy that said his name again and again who fell in love with the severed head, and I loathed watching that. There was nothing like that from EvS, and that's unusual for films that aren't lifetime movies (which have their own charm).

I think that if all a movie has to do to be in the running for "worst movie ever made" is be unmemorable, then there are a hell of a lot of movies in the running for that title. Ecks vs Sever is an action movie. There are plenty of very forgettable action movies.

It's bad. I don't know if I've ever seen a movie whose action and shootout scenes had such a sedative effect. Every time the action started, my eyelids got heavy after about 30 seconds.

Little Miss Sunshine is the absolute worst movie of all time. No contest

I haven't actually seen it. Someday I will check it out.

Lucy Liu though.

ec2e773a66e7a61dcf461d7280a71745--lucy-liu-movie-stars.jpg

What about Catwomen?

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.co...s-sever-is-the-most-rotten-movie-of-all-time/

Fifteen years ago today, the Antonio Banderas/Lucy Liu vehicle Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever was released to universal disdain. This wasn’t just an unusually panned motion picture. No, as of this writing, Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever holds the distinction of being the single worst-reviewed movie in Rotten Tomatoes history.

This site tallied together the score of no less than 116 reviews (that’s a lot!), and not a single one was deemed positive. There wasn’t even a single contrarian, Armond White-style hot take — something like, “Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever is the most important, humane and misunderstood film of the last forty years” — to throw off the film’s perfectly terrible score.

Usually when a movie is dubbed the worst of its time, or of all time, there’s a motley crew of defenders insisting that what critics and respectable folks think make it unforgivably awful is secretly what makes it awesome. That’s not the case here. As far as I know, there is no cult for this sad little orphan, just detractors.

- Rotten Tomatoes/the guy that writes for the AV Club

I bought that film 13 or 14 years ago, I worked next to a record store that had a big used movie section. I had never heard of Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever, but it had Antonio Banderas and Lucy Liu, plus the guy that was Darth Maul from the worst Star Wars movie and Toad in X-Men (Ray Park). Could it be that bad? I bought it for a dollar, just a year or two after it came out. I watched it exactly one time, and I never would again.

It was so bad. I mean, I'd put it in my pantheon of worst movies ever made. Sure there may be worse movies in terms of terrible, but this had absolutely zero redeeming features. There was nothing about this picture that made it enjoyable, or better, or new. The plot was poor, the action was almost unbearable, the main characters had zero chemistry, there were Baysplosions everywhere, and it just didn't make sense. It was boring. For an action movie, there was never anything that was even remotely exciting for me, amidst the shootouts and chases and fistfights. It wasn't memorable in any way EXCEPT that it was COMPLETELY unmemorable in EVERY way. Even the title doesn't make sense, because they teamed up to fight the big bad, so why is it Character A vs Character B in the title? Why is Ballistic in the title? Why isn't it just called Ballistic?

I'm sure you'll gladly chime in "that's not the worst movie, this is" but if you do, you're going to need to give an explanation because this one is among the worst of the worst.

So I guess you have never seen kingdom of the spiders or the day the animals attacked then.

It's up there among the movies you wonder how they decided to spend money making that.

It's up there among the movies you wonder how they decided to spend money making that.
Yeah, it's yet another factor to add to why it's so bad. The budget was 70 million dollars, and it must have been spent on explosions and bad cgi. Even if you gave Banderas and Liu a million a piece, it just doesn't add up. I don't want to ever go back and see why exactly it cost that much. Even if the SMC club voted on watching it, I might skip it or review it based on the wiki page or something.

What about Catwomen?
It's in my top ten worst list, I think, they spent a hundred million on that pile of garbage but at its core it *could* have been good...but wasn't. At all. The "redeeming" part of it that I recall was Sharon Stone. She was cheesy and campy and awful, but still somehow almost watchable.

Tyler Perry

Adam Sandler sister movie. Pacino saying at the end "you have to burn this.. Nobody can see this." In a not so subtle joke on the movie itself, well, that was a redeeming scene..

That witch movie with cage and Pearlman lol..

bucky larson might be the worst movie nick swardson probably blackmailed someone to have a movie career.

Remember Spy vs Spy? That's what I thought this would be.
It's not the worst movie ever because people barely remember it. It was just a movie that came and went.
Movie 43 is the worst movie ever.

They made a GBA game based on it (an FPS no less) that was actually pretty good at the time.

Birdemic is the one true king.

9 1/2 Ninjas. Nothing is worse than unfunny comedy, except unfunny comedy that tries too hard. This movie tried to be a mile-a-minute spoof comedy like Airplane! But instead every joke fell flat any they delivered them at rapid pace throughout the film. After about 30 minutes you get tired of cringing and simply become bored, which is the worst reaction to a "bad movie"

I used to intentionally try to find the worst movie ever and watched every one of the IMDB bottom 100 I could. I scoured the depths of Hollywood video VHS section and worked at a Blockbuster when I was young. This is the only movie I have ever turned off, and it was due to sheer annoyance.

Last edited:
Back