I'm sorry but the whole sequence was illegal......

Anderson Silva’s knee did not land anywhere near to Chael’s head. It was right in the solar plexus. Why? Cause that’s exactly where Silva was aiming. His precision is quite precise.

Stephens is definitely lucky. It’s natural instinct/reflex in a situation like that and I’m surprised more guys haven’t accidentally thrown them. He didn’t mean to do it but it was definitely thrown with the intention of it landing. He’s lucky his precision isn’t so precise.
Thousands of sherdoggers were insisting the thigh grazed the chin. Hense, technically illegal.

I get pretty tired of “technically it was illegal...” arguments in MMA. I think my NFL catch comparison is pertinent. And that is also why I think these two incidences are, in fact, similar.

Regardless, you and I agree that he’s lucky the knee didnt land cleanly. Cheers.

Last edited:
Nothing was "illegal."

Emett moved his head this would be like someone throws a punch and you turn make them hit you in the back of head hoping for DQ.

Knee didnt land. Cant be "illegal" unless it lands. Just like everytime someone reaches out with open hands it's not "illegal" because eyepoke didnt actually happen.

Top notch reffing by Mirgliotta

PS and stop using "illegal" you sound like idiots it's "foul" .

You realise , emmet was moving and caused alot of the situations himself..

for 1 the elbow to the back of the head was because he was trying to reenter for takedown look when stephens decides throw the elbow hes clearily aiming for hia face..emmet ducks gets hit on the back of the head because of how throwing an elbow works..the angle of the strike

The knee again emmet is looking like hes about to stand then , stephens throws it and he agian re adjusts and drops and gets hit on the shoulder on the way up and tapped on the downward swing with the shin..hardly a knee..

And the last gif of the shot on the floor thats perfectly legal.. The ref has to intervine..keep fighting till the ref stops you... It wasnt like phil baroni back in the day when the ref would intervibe and this guy would push them away and land another shot lol..wasnt the nicest thing for jeremy to have done..no..but his nickname is little heathen and hes a profession savage.. So deal with it , you soft new age MMA fan
This is what's up
<[analyzed}>

I would have voted for the NC because of the knee.
the rest is just trying to hit someone who was going down. In a flurry it is hard to aim perfectly out of the "no land" zone.

Spot on..he got fooked up.
Deal with it..
Stephens deserves a shot now imo.

I’m not sure if your more delusional for saying “he got fucked up deal with it” or for thinking Stephens is ahead of Frankie and Ortega

I have to say that knee looked pretty suspect. Regardless, throwing a knee in a position like that where your opponent is blatantly grounded seems fishy.
Not necessarily, I have seen that knee thrown to the shoulder in multiple fights as a guy is on the ground trying to post up.

That said I fully believe Stephens was in kill-mode and looking to knee Emmett's head clean off.

Meh, to be honest nothing will come of this, when's the last time a commission overturned a fight that didn't involve roids?

Not necessarily, I have seen that knee thrown to the shoulder in multiple fights as a guy is on the ground trying to post up.

That said I fully believe Stephens was in kill-mode and looking to knee Emmett's head clean off.

Meh, to be honest nothing will come of this, when's the last time a commission overturned a fight that didn't involve roids?
Nah I totally agree with you. In isolation that is an illegal knee. He was totally in kill mode yea, but it had no impact on the end of the fight. Course it shouldn't be overturned. Stephens won that blatantly. Still a bit naughty tho.

Fuck that. If Dan paused them after the elbows...we would've had a different outcome. That's clearly NC. Stephens isn't a dirty fighter but it's what it is....just like Poirier Alvarez.

Nah I totally agree with you. In isolation that is an illegal knee. He was totally in kill mode yea, but it had no impact on the end of the fight. Course it shouldn't be overturned. Stephens won that blatantly. Still a bit naughty tho.
It has no impact? You guy forgot that if an illegal strike is thrown they restart them right?

It has no impact? You guy forgot that if an illegal strike is thrown they restart them right?

Do you think that had any impact on that sequence at the end of the fight? Did it do the damage..? It was kinda debatable that it grazed him. But if you are strictly adhering to rules I guess you could call it a no contest. That'd be stupid as what happened is the guy deservedly won. That's just what happened. And I think it was probably a wise decision.

Do you think that had any impact on that sequence at the end of the fight? Did it do the damage..? It was kinda debatable that it grazed him. But if you are strictly adhering to rules I guess you could call it a no contest. That'd be stupid as what happened is the guy deservedly won. That's just what happened. And I think it was probably a wise decision.
Meh. If after Emmet dropped Stephens he proceeds to elbow him at the back of the head and knee him while grounded....it would result to a NC. That fight should be deemed NC no matter how it ended.

If you think those 2 elbows didn't do damage you're retarded. And if you throw an illegal knee and missed. The ref restarts the fight and you lose an advantage position.

I'm not disputing the clean hook that dropped Emmett, that was a great shot.

But Jeremy hit him with two blatant elbows to the back of the head.

He also hit him with a knee that grazed him and then landed to the back of the head on the way down.

I'm not saying Jeremy is a dirty fighter but those are 4 counts of illegal shots, two elbows and a grazed knee and a knee to the back of the head.

giphy.gif

that elbow to the neck is illegal. one elbow goes to the neck. that is very dirty. the judges are currently a joke at ufc.

I’m not sure if your more delusional for saying “he got fucked up deal with it” or for thinking Stephens is ahead of Frankie and Ortega
Your delusional..
Edgar has fought once..that's almost a year ago.
And since then stephens lost to him has had 3 fights on the bounce winning and one loss before that since the time frankie has been at home becoming irrelevant.

But yeah..whatever you say must be right..

Spot on..he got fooked up.
Deal with it..
Stephens deserves a shot now imo.

I pretty much agree with you.

There is generally going to be some of these sorts of borderline shots when you engage in the brand of thuganomics that Stephens engages in. I mean look at the hatchet that Matt "The Immortal" Brown hit Diego Sanchez with. I'm sorry but that elbow hit Diego in 47 places simultaneously, not the least of which would be behind the ear and to the back of the head. The Immortal was praised for that shot.

The knee missed and the elbow was illegal because Emmitt was turning his head.

No chance in the NC.

stephens is just a mindless adrenaline filled caveman. he saw red and would do anything in that moment to get the win. good thing it wasn't a street fight and there was a ref to step in. "human" animals like him are a dangerous threat when in the real world.

They don't call an ass whoopin an ass whoopin for nothing.

the second elbow landed definitely to the back of the head, but when u have an adrenaline dump and u are going for the kill u just don't stop.
the attempted knee was illegal for sure, but seems it didn't landed

Back