I'm sorry but the whole sequence was illegal......

Dude moved his head for the first elbow. If you move your head they will never call it to the back of the head. Would have hit him right in the temple otherwise.

I'm not disputing the clean hook that dropped Emmett, that was a great shot.

But Jeremy hit him with two blatant elbows to the back of the head.

He also hit him with a knee that grazed him and then landed to the back of the head on the way down.

I'm not saying Jeremy is a dirty fighter but those are 4 counts of illegal shots, two elbows and a grazed knee and a knee to the back of the head.

giphy.gif
maybe fighting is not the sport for you

How on Earth is a ref supposed to be able to see where a strike landed that precisely?
An illegal strike to the back of the head is only really supposed to be called when a strike is straight down the middle of the back of the head. That why I dont really think any of Stephens elbows were illegal

Clearly illegal. Not saying Jeremy should've been DQ'd, but it was an illegal knee even if it just grazed Emmett, and that's a fact.

I don't think the elbows were illegal, though. Emmett was moving.

Last edited:
Why should josh have to dodge ,a illegal knee in the first place?

The elbow hits the back of the head because Emmit turns his head. The knee doesn't even land.

Clean KO for Stephens.

It doesn't even matter if the knee landed, because it was intended for the head and there is no other way to spin that.
Clearly illegal. Not saying Jeremy should've been DQ'd, but it was an illegal knee even if it just grazed Emmett, and that's a fact.

I don't think the elbows were illegal, though. Emmett was moving.

Whether or not the illegal shot lands CERTAINLY matters lol

Rules are a little overrated. Just pretend the fight was under UFC 1 rules.

Shit happens. In that moment he was just smashing down shots, some of them will hit near the back of the head.

Why should josh have to dodge ,a illegal knee in the first place?

We all thought Anderson was throwing an illegal knee at Chael to, but he didnt, it was thrown at his upper chest instead.

It sure looked like he was throwing it at Emmets head, but it either missed or in the other angle actually hit Emmets shoulder instead of head.

Regardless, it made no difference as Emmet continued to get up with no pause after that and got cranked by a right to the temple.

He also hit him with a knee that grazed him and then landed to the back of the head on the way down.

I'm not saying Jeremy is a dirty fighter but those are 4 counts of illegal shots, two elbows and a grazed knee and a knee to the back of the head.

giphy.gif

You realise , emmet was moving and caused alot of the situations himself..

for 1 the elbow to the back of the head was because he was trying to reenter for takedown look when stephens decides throw the elbow hes clearily aiming for hia face..emmet ducks gets hit on the back of the head because of how throwing an elbow works..the angle of the strike

The knee again emmet is looking like hes about to stand then , stephens throws it and he agian re adjusts and drops and gets hit on the shoulder on the way up and tapped on the downward swing with the shin..hardly a knee..

And the last gif of the shot on the floor thats perfectly legal.. The ref has to intervine..keep fighting till the ref stops you... It wasnt like phil baroni back in the day when the ref would intervibe and this guy would push them away and land another shot lol..wasnt the nicest thing for jeremy to have done..no..but his nickname is little heathen and hes a profession savage.. So deal with it , you soft new age MMA fan

I love the UFC shills all saying it was clean. "I don't think the knee landed" lol , ya right.
I just got an eye exam last week so should be good there.... Knee barely grazed his earlobe

giphy.gif

It happens often that after a fighter is badly hurt, the sloppy finishing exchange features one or two illegal strikes. The ref should deduct a point and we should move on imo.

Whether or not the illegal shot lands CERTAINLY matters lol

Landed cleanly, I mean. I thought the assumption was that the knee just grazed Emmett and that shouldn't matter in any way.
The knee clearly touched his head, and that's all it needs for it to be illegal.

There was one elbow that hit him exactly in the back of the head.
That elbow was thrown with serious power and landed clean as hell.

That elbow alone is enough for a NO contest.
Throw in the other elbow that landed not as clean but to the back of the head and the grazing knee and you got yourself a prime example of a NC.
He rolled into an elbow that was already thrown. The fighter first has to intelligently defend himself. A fighter cannot anticipate a legal shot turning into an illegal one because a concussed fighter turtles over. The knee had no impact. None, whatsoever. The shots that counted were clearly the hook, the temple shot when Emmett tried to grt to his knees, and the flying elbow. None of those shots can even be questioned. The boy was beaten, now deal with it.

If Emmet was moving then the shots to the back of the head don't count against Stephens. I don't think the first one was bad though because the back of the head is pretty small as defined by MMA. The knee was suspect but claiming "it hit him on the way back down" is the equivalent of kids exaggerating another kid hitting them finding any little thing to complain about and turn a push into "he pushed me and then I fell and hit my knee and there was something on the floor and it scratched my hand and my shoe came off and I stepped on a rock and ___ and ____ and ____"

How on Earth is a ref supposed to be able to see where a strike landed that precisely?
Exactly. The refs have a tough job and can't get it right all the time. They do their best and shouldn't be criticized so much. Except for Yamasaki. That dude's gonna get someone killed one day.

Definitely illegal shots. No doubt about it. Fight should be ruled a no contest. If I were Emmett/TAM, I'd be appealing this loss.

Back