I'm sorry but the whole sequence was illegal......

I'm not disputing the clean hook that dropped Emmett, that was a great shot.

But Jeremy hit him with two blatant elbows to the back of the head.

He also hit him with a knee that grazed him and then landed to the back of the head on the way down.

I'm not saying Jeremy is a dirty fighter but those are 4 counts of illegal shots, two elbows and a grazed knee and a knee to the back of the head.

giphy.gif

stephens is just a mindless adrenaline filled caveman. he saw red and would do anything in that moment to get the win. good thing it wasn't a street fight and there was a ref to step in. "human" animals like him are a dangerous threat when in the real world.

elbows were ok
Nope.
It's not debatable.
One elbow was clearly to the back of the head. I
He rolled into an elbow that was already thrown. The fighter first has to intelligently defend himself. A fighter cannot anticipate a legal shot turning into an illegal one because a concussed fighter turtles over. The knee had no impact. None, whatsoever. The shots that counted were clearly the hook, the temple shot when Emmett tried to grt to his knees, and the flying elbow. None of those shots can even be questioned. The boy was beaten, now deal with it.

Lol I'm a big fan of Stevens, always have been. There's nothing for me to "deal with".

I have watched it many times and anticipated the argument that Emmet "moved" into the elbow. In no way did that happen. It's there for all to see. He did not roll into anything. Thats just trting to get off on a technicality. Its on video.
Jeremy did not take enough precaution to avoid hitting his opponent in the back of the head because when he hurts someone he goes all berzerker. That's also why he grazed him with an illegally thrown knee.

And i never said the legit shots weren't the ones who that hurt Emmet. They absolutely rocked him badly.

However we don't know if Emmet could have panic wrestled and recovered if he hadn't been hit with the illegal elbow. It happened right when Emmet maybe could have rolled or grabbed for a leg and held on for dear life. It very well could have made the difference.
That's the point.

I'm sorry but a lot of you need to either change your tampon or just accept that you lost money on this fight and move on.

Nothing to the back of the head is illegal if the fighter turns into it while the strike is thrown. Are you all just butt hurt Emmet fans? This happens at least twice in almost every single fight, why the outrage over this one? Jesus Christ.
this. The elbows were thrown and enmitt presents the back of the head as the last two elbows in question were thrown. That's not Stephens fault. Secondly the knee comes into contact with Emmitts left shoulder and skims over his head. On the way down the knee hit the head with very little force. WHAT actually finished Emmitt was the punch to the temple when Emmitt was on his but then the 2 elbows after that. Shertards don't know what they are watching not surprised though

Nope.
It's not debatable.
One elbow was clearly to the back of the head. I

Lol I'm a big fan of Stevens, always have been. There's nothing for me to "deal with".

I have watched it many times and anticipated the argument that Emmet "moved" into the elbow. In no way did that happen. It's there for all to see. He did not roll into anything. Thats just trting to get off on a technicality. Its on video.
Jeremy did not take enough precaution to avoid hitting his opponent in the back of the head because when he hurts someone he goes all berzerker. That's also why he grazed him with an illegally thrown knee.

And i never said the legit shots weren't the ones who that hurt Emmet. They absolutely rocked him badly.

However we don't know if Emmet could have panic wrestled and recovered if he hadn't been hit with the illegal elbow. It happened right when Emmet maybe could have rolled or grabbed for a leg and held on for dear life. It very well could have made the difference.
That's the point.
Burden of proof is on the accusing party. So make me eat crow or....deal with it. I’ve rewatched it and I truly don’t believe any one particular shot landed illegally.

Who knew Emmit had all these fans?!

I had to laugh reading MMAjunkie this morning with Faber going off on Cruz and Bisping's commentary. He declared the knee blatant.

Fighters who have "won" fights they were losing should keep their mouth's shut in my opinion.

Anyone remember Faber beating Rivera the first time off this sweet move?

Pasted_image_at_2016_09_12_02_12_PM.0.0.png

Watched this several times. Guy was absolutely fucked with no coming back. That being said the knee in isolation is a foul but he was getting lit up anyways.

I think leaving it is the right call. The knee didn't do half the damage that the rest of the flurry did.

Burden of proof is on the accusing party. So make me eat crow or....deal with it. I’ve rewatched it and I truly don’t believe any one particular shot landed illegally.

Well i can't do more than tell you to watch it with your own eyes, but if you watch that and still say that one elbow didn't hit him directly in the back of the head well then......
<Fedor23>

He also hit him with a knee that grazed him and then landed to the back of the head on the way down.

I'm not saying Jeremy is a dirty fighter but those are 4 counts of illegal shots, two elbows and a grazed knee and a knee to the back of the head.

giphy.gif
I think they should allow more illegal shots if done in sequence

after watching it a bunch i think i see another weird thing, a moment before the gif in this thread starts -- -- has anyone talked about the flying headbutt after he drops emmett against the fence? head clashes are violent as hell.

giphy.gif
Knee missed, knee hits back of head on way down, 1 elbow at most hit the back of the head.

Who knew Emmit had all these fans?!
We’ll, he’s a hero for the 20 or so balding, pasty-white manlets we have on sherdog.
Let them have this one thing, damnit!!!

Well i can't do more than tell you to watch it with your own eyes, but if you watch that and still say that one elbow didn't hit him directly in the back of the head well then......
<Fedor23>
That’s fine but you’re wrong.

IN a fight ending sequence like that we've seen a very large number of strikes land in illegal areas many times due to the opponent moving around during the strike, just like Emmet....He got hit in the back on the head with 1 strike because he was moving and ducked his head down...This has never resulted in a NC, or any point deductions....

The knee was thrown because Emmet had only 1 hand down and Stephens thought it was legal due to the way the new rule was explained to him. Luckily it didn't hit him....

In any case, somehow trying to pretend the finish wasn't perfectly legitimate is in very bad taste...Faber has already made a fool of himself crying online over this...I wouldn't follow him down that path...

Dominic Cruz was awful on the desk. Dude needs to be impartial. UFC needs to get professionals in there.

Back