I'm sorry but the whole sequence was illegal......

Boxing has always been pattycake. MMA's roots are in NHB, where styles were tested against eachother to see which is more effective. Its training for a simulated combat scenario.

Fighters shouldn't be developing bad habits to suit a ruleset at the expense of making them worse fighters.

Belfort said it better than i could.

belfortkickufc152.gif

I really wish that kick would have landed. It would have sent a clear message to people trying to game the ruleset.

that's not even remotely compareable to what happened in the fight. Jones playing a game with the rules here ( and rightfully getting punished by Vitor ) , while Emmett was dropped and involuntary put into that position.

Yeah, people say "what's done is done" but if Emmet had been throwing knees and elbows to the back of the head when he got Stephens down in round 1, we could well have had a different outcome. This should be a NC for me.

He wasn't out until the very legal elbows landed. Should be a win for Stevens. Nosferatu will have another chance to redeem himself.

I think we need another couple of dozen threads on this topic to finally get to the bottom of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back