I'm a Satanist, ask me anything

LeVayan Satanism encourages hedonism, probably because the Abrahamic religions discourage it. The Satanic Bible even encourages the seven deadly sins because they make you feel good. Like children deliberately doing what their parents tell them not to do.

I see, I thought you were reading between the lines of the OP, I get your meaning.

Personal thoughts on hedonism?

If you'd like to continue (I would!) then maybe this should be done via PM or seperate thread, so we don't derail this one? If you'd like to you could invite @Phr3121 or anyone else who is interested.

Wow, perfect timing, we both posted a response at the same time. We may get derailed, we may not. It is still under a religious topic. If someone is going to bring up Satan, God will surely come up. Plus, we make up the counter arguments to the thread.

Last edited:
I am happy to answer you.

I joined the Satanic Temple, not the Satanic Church. There is a difference.

We are good people, here are our tennets. Better than anything you will find in ancient "holy" scriptures.

• One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
  • The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
  • One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
  • The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.
  • Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
  • People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.
  • Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word

What do you think about life after death?
Have you ever read the Bible? If yes, what do you think about its prophecies?

If God is lacking something it would make him incomplete and thus imperfect.

No, not necessarily. God is a complete being, past, present, future. Never imperfect, perfection at its finest. God created the world, the universe, and everything else in six days. So, on the first day things where not complete. I don't think he was in any rush...

No, not necessarily. God is a complete being, past, present, future. Never imperfect, perfection at its finest. God created the world, the universe, and everything else in six days. So, on the first day things where not complete. I don't think he was in any rush...

I just prefer the explanation that God's nature itself dictates that he create in order to love as Corinthians defines it. He doesn't need us, he chooses to share as that is what is good. The rest of your explanation I agreed with.

From Apollo 8, 1968.

Genesis:
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light."

We are good people, here are our tennets. Better than anything you will find in ancient "holy" scriptures.

• One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
  • The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
  • The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.
  • Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
  • People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.
  • Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word

Did you pray to Satan when you lost your Sex toy?

From Apollo 8, 1968.

Genesis:
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light."

This caused some noise back in the day when some secularist protested.

So in 1969 I think it was Neil Armstrong chose to have communion in Private and not have it broadcast.

Almost all satanists are atheists. We don't worship anyone. We use the satanist figure to fight oppression.

It started as a way to get equal rights for all people. The devil thing is a symbol and a tool. Nothing more.

So basically you guys are shitty edge lords lol

Almost all satanists are atheists. We don't worship anyone. We use the satanist figure to fight oppression.

It started as a way to get equal rights for all people. The devil thing is a symbol and a tool. Nothing more.

Aren't you the same poster that was part of a mob threatening a Christian for passing out religious material on a college campus?

If we agree it's anti-theistic and humanist, I don't see much to disagree about. I have no problem with people congregating in the absence of God, people have been doing that for centuries in clubs with different names.

What I'm suggesting is that if you want to live by the humanist code, it doesn't strike me as consistent to try to "stop" religion, unless it's actually infringing on people's rights, and if that's the case, you don't need to build a religion around those principles because we should all agree with that. That club is called humanity, or at least it should be.

Other than that, be a satanist, I'll support your right to do that without question.

Yeah, not much to disagree over. I'll only add that Satanism is more of a philosophy than a religion. And in a world historically dominated by assorted faiths, having a philosophy that counters them by celebrating human attributes is hardly unreasonable.

What's it like knowing your supreme leader will eventually get his ass handed to him by Jesus!?

iStock_000002305803XSmall.jpg

You're just a liberal atheist who thinks it's edgy to call yourself a satanist. I'm embarrassed on your behalf.

Back