***Going Vegetarian....kind of....ask me anything***

How’s your 6th day vaginatarin vegetarian itinerary coming along, @wlu.29 ? Time for wbu’s Friday Veggie Feast Recipes imo

Your genetics matter. Not everyone should be a vegan/vegetarian, it isn't necessarily healthier.

I would just suggest cutting back and sticking to lean meats, if anything. People really shouldn't be having meat every day anyway, for a few reasons (one being animal abuse).

Over the last couple of years I have become good friends with a family from my son's baseball team.

The dad is the head coach, I'm an assistant coach. My wife and I get along well with both he and his wife (no swinging jokes)

Our kids get along with their kids. Their younger son already stated that my younger son is his best friend.

My older son gets along with their older sons since they spend so much time together with baseball practices and hanging out (good kid who is a good influence since he encourages my son to not spend as much time on phone/tv screens)

The parents at one point ate meat, but became vegetarians in reconnecting with their Hindu faith. They've never been preachy about it or try to get any of our family members to try to convert.

I had been thinking for some time that I was going to cut back on meat for both health and ethical reasons, and some part due to being inspired by this family.

Anyhow we were at New Years party and the topic of resolutions came up, moreso for our kids to set goals etc.

I decided that once a week, I'm going to eat no meat. It's been each Friday so far, today is my 5th vegetarian day of 2024.

I love meat, enjoy the flavour and texture. However I do feel pretty good overall and once a week is not that big of a deal.
When did you figure out you were a little girl

Interesting how will this improve health?

I am just coming back from a bad injury I have lost 30 pounds of muscle after been laid in hospital for 2 weeks unable to move
The only way I can build muscle and strength was lots of good eggs, good quality beef, raw milk and salmon, if I had a rough day and couldn’t eat much it would set me back

A few years ago me and my wife tried no meat Mondays and Tuesday was awful, I have a very physical job and I was ruined, empty, cold and weak
We swapped no meat Monday to steak and eggs
Most people’s diet that includes meat isn’t always good clean meat, it’s processed crap pumped with water and growth hormones

Welll what’s the usual stuff? You filling up with pastas and sandwhiches?
On Fridays I've eaten:
Yogurt
Avocado
Rice
Eggs
Pasta
Beans
Nacho
Salsa
Brussels sprouts
Mushroom
Tofu
Beans
Chickpeas
Fruits
Broccoli
Carrots

Over the last couple of years I have become good friends with a family from my son's baseball team.

The dad is the head coach, I'm an assistant coach. My wife and I get along well with both he and his wife (no swinging jokes)

Our kids get along with their kids. Their younger son already stated that my younger son is his best friend.

My older son gets along with their older sons since they spend so much time together with baseball practices and hanging out (good kid who is a good influence since he encourages my son to not spend as much time on phone/tv screens)

The parents at one point ate meat, but became vegetarians in reconnecting with their Hindu faith. They've never been preachy about it or try to get any of our family members to try to convert.

I had been thinking for some time that I was going to cut back on meat for both health and ethical reasons, and some part due to being inspired by this family.

Anyhow we were at New Years party and the topic of resolutions came up, moreso for our kids to set goals etc.

I decided that once a week, I'm going to eat no meat. It's been each Friday so far, today is my 5th vegetarian day of 2024.

I love meat, enjoy the flavour and texture. However I do feel pretty good overall and once a week is not that big of a deal.
Are you trying to lose weight?

A bit but more so the ethical / spiritual aspect of treating animals better
Makes sense. I definitely don't want to see how my meat becomes a purchase from the grocery store

On Fridays I've eaten:
Yogurt
Avocado
Rice
Eggs
Pasta
Beans
Nacho
Salsa
Brussels sprouts
Mushroom
Tofu
Beans
Chickpeas
Fruits
Broccoli
Carrots
You put all that on pizza? lol

don't more animals die when they plow fields and spray to grow vegetables and what someone eats vs a cow

Hey guys, I'm quitting alcohol...kind of...

I've decided to go one day a week without drinking. Ask me anything.
One Friday evening after your fifth day of embracing your once-a-week non-alcohol resolution, you and the baseball coach family decide to have a friendly get-together at your place. The atmosphere is light, laughter fills the air, and the kids are playing happily.

As the night progresses, you all decide to order some takeout. Being considerate of your new dietary choice, your friend suggests ordering from a non-alcohol-friendly restaurant. Everyone agrees, and soon enough, a variety of delicious non-alcohol drinks arrive at your doorstep.

As you dive into the non-alcohol feast, your taste buds experience a rollercoaster of flavors. You're pleasantly surprised by how satisfying and tasty the non-alcohol options are. The conversation flows, and you find yourselves sharing funny stories and memories.

At one point, the baseball coach dad, with a mischievous grin, decides to tease you a little. He looks at you and says, "Remember the days when we used to devour alcohol like there was no tomorrow? Now look at us, savoring these non-alcohol delights. Who would have thought we'd be celebrating non-alcohol Fridays together?"

The entire room bursts into laughter, and you can't help but join in. The camaraderie and the irony of the situation make the evening even more enjoyable. As you continue to enjoy the non-alcohol feast, you realize that friendship and good food can thrive, whether it's centered around alcohol or not. And who knows, maybe non-alcohol Fridays will become a new tradition for the baseball families, adding a sprinkle of humor and healthy choices to your bond.

Back