Relationship I would do anything for love, but

Yeah mine and my friends divorces were initiated by the women. In a lot of cases one party either absolutely hates the other or has already established another relationship. In that case you can't really stop them from leaving.

Maybe twice in my life have I heard of a woman ending something without the next lined up

Maybe twice in my life have I heard of a woman ending something without the next lined up
Yeah people seem to start replacement shopping when they're bored or unhappy instead of wanting to work on things. You can't really do anything if they're already emotionally checked out and banging someone else.

Yeah people seem to start replacement shopping when they're bored or unhappy instead of wanting to work on things. You can't really do anything if they're already emotionally checked out and banging someone else.

What's really fucked up is that one of the times I know a woman didnt cheat, she was super abusive.

I preface this with my family are good, my wife and I are doing great, 19yrs married, kids are healthy and my cat who went missing came back 12 days later! It's all good, but I'm on these dad support forums and fuck me if it isn't all people talking about divorce etc.

"I would do anything for my kids"

"I'd die to protect them"

"The greatest gift I ever had came from God. I call him my son." - Jim Valvano

"My greatest accomplishment is my children." - Jackie Chan

"My kids are my life. I would do anything for them." - Angelina Jolie

"Being a parent is the biggest sacrifice one can make. It's putting your life on hold to fulfill the promise of your children's tomorrow."

"I would give my life for my children without a second thought."

"My children are my everything. I would sacrifice anything for them."

"I am so grateful for my children. They are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I would do anything for them."

Yet pretty much everyone who decides they don't love their wife or husband enough is like, see ya, co parenting and fighting over the kids providing them with verifiably worse parenting,less consistent and often open to abuse from future partners of the ex.

It's got to be the real I would do anything for love but I won't do that.

Sorry kid, my happiness comes first, I absolutely can't just get along with the person I chose as life partner, whom I loved and sweared a vow to, naw I just can't suck it up for you kid. I've decided you're fine. So many dad's wondering what they can do about their ex introducing partners to the kids as soon as they meet em and the gnarly shit that goes down with that. I want to say this is your fucking bed man, you literally made it, what did you think would happen?

When you marry you vow to stay with them regardless. You agree to sacrifice. When you have kids you are ultimately responsible.

And yet.

Weak weak weak.

I feel the same way but many people don't take life as seriously as us. I made sure I "liked" my wife before we got married and being "in like" is more important than being in love.

We lived together, traveled together, went through some difficult times together and now make sure we stay on the same page.

Two kids, married 11 years and together 19 years.

I can be civil with someone if I have to be. I could live in the same house as someone and never talk to them, share chores out and separate bedrooms. I've had housemates like that in the past.

You can't not be toxic as fuck for your kids? The ones you'd die for? You can't be a slightly better human being for them?
People did it like this for generations.

Modern humans are WEAK, soft, fragile, and selfish.

I personally wonder why a lot of people get married at all. I can see that their relationships are hot garbage, why can't they see it?

Most people I see in society just ain't marriage material. They have no clue what a lifelong commitment is... and that's fine, but just DONT MAKE A LIFELONG COMMITMENT THEN.

How fucking hard is that?<{cum@me}>

Why would you marry a girl who has been run through by half your state and expect her to be monogamous?
Where the logic there?

When as a society did we forget that you can't turn a ho into a housewife?

More like 60/40. Your friend sounds like he is a codependent. If it wasn’t her, it would’ve been with another narcissist.
He isn't. His problem was more on the opposite end of the spectrum. He neglected her and was kind of an asshole prior to the cheating. He only tried to stick it out for the kids. He wouldn't bend on most of her outrageous demands, hence the divorce.

I personally wonder why a lot of people get married at all. I can see that their relationships are hot garbage, why can't they see it?

Most people I see in society just ain't marriage material. They have no clue what a lifelong commitment is... and that's fine, but just DONT MAKE A LIFELONG COMMITMENT THEN.

How fucking hard is that?<{cum@me}>
They don't view marriage as a duty or a commitment that can be unpleasant at times. They're looking for their rom-com happily ever after. Everyone knows that if you find your soul mate, you will complement each other perfectly and marriage will be easy. You won't ever have to change or admit you were wrong, because you're perfect just the way you are. You just need to find that special person whose perfection perfectly meshes with your perfection.

I didn’t read all this shit but my Ex(sons mother) posts shit like “my kid is my world I’d do anything for him”

Yet the proper cunt couldn’t stay off Facebook as a stay at home mom flirting with dudes to give her attention while I was off working in fucked up parts of the world in the oilfield.

Fucking Cunts

Not sure growing up in an environment where the parents hate each other is that much better for the kids.
thats just what immature idiots do. you can detach from the person in heart and mind and be roommates with dignity. only children have to keep HATING the other person. that and selfish people who care about sticking their dicks somewhere else rather than having children with the best possible outcomes.

Oh and she’s going through a divorce now(she got remarried really quickly) and I find out from my kid that he used to beat them.

Inwas like why didn’t anyone fucking call me??

She did one time , they went on vacation by themselves and he got fucked up and was beating her ass and she called me to come get her. They were in another country. I was like Yo I can’t just drive there to get you. She promised that was it.

Then said it didn’t happen and I guess it happened again

Then last week my kid tells me he used to hide in his closet with his mom when old dude was fucked up.

In hind site I’ve had these thoughts lately.

Should I have just put up with her shit and made sure no asswholes come around my kids?? Makes you wonder..

Oh and she’s going through a divorce now(she got remarried really quickly) and I find out from my kid that he used to beat them.

Inwas like why didn’t anyone fucking call me??

She did one time , they went on vacation by themselves and he got fucked up and was beating her ass and she called me to come get her. They were in another country. I was like Yo I can’t just drive there to get you. She promised that was it.

Then said it didn’t happen and I guess it happened again

Then last week my kid tells me he used to hide in his closet with his mom when old dude was fucked up.

In hind site I’ve had these thoughts lately.

Should I have just put up with her shit and made sure no asswholes come around my kids?? Makes you wonder..
giphy.gif

I preface this with my family are good, my wife and I are doing great, 19yrs married, kids are healthy and my cat who went missing came back 12 days later! It's all good, but I'm on these dad support forums and fuck me if it isn't all people talking about divorce etc.

"I would do anything for my kids"

"I'd die to protect them"

"The greatest gift I ever had came from God. I call him my son." - Jim Valvano

"My greatest accomplishment is my children." - Jackie Chan

"My kids are my life. I would do anything for them." - Angelina Jolie

"Being a parent is the biggest sacrifice one can make. It's putting your life on hold to fulfill the promise of your children's tomorrow."

"I would give my life for my children without a second thought."

"My children are my everything. I would sacrifice anything for them."

"I am so grateful for my children. They are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I would do anything for them."

Yet pretty much everyone who decides they don't love their wife or husband enough is like, see ya, co parenting and fighting over the kids providing them with verifiably worse parenting,less consistent and often open to abuse from future partners of the ex.

It's got to be the real I would do anything for love but I won't do that.

Sorry kid, my happiness comes first, I absolutely can't just get along with the person I chose as life partner, whom I loved and sweared a vow to, naw I just can't suck it up for you kid. I've decided you're fine. So many dad's wondering what they can do about their ex introducing partners to the kids as soon as they meet em and the gnarly shit that goes down with that. I want to say this is your fucking bed man, you literally made it, what did you think would happen?

When you marry you vow to stay with them regardless. You agree to sacrifice. When you have kids you are ultimately responsible.

And yet.

Weak weak weak.
This is a bullshit sentence:

It isn't putting your life on hold. Creating life, raising those lives, and what you become because of it is living life.

Start working on yourself before you get into a relationship and continue doing inner work as a lifelong goal. Choose a supportive person who has the same goal.

I'd give that advice too. Specifically I was talking about the situation where people almost to a T suggest they would do anything for their kids, but that anything does not include sucking it up where their relationship is concerned.

All the stuff before one has kids, finding a partner, being the best you you can be, developing a working relationship etc is before one has kids. Or at least should be!

So it's more advice post kids upon relational difficulty, then my advice would be don't be a dick. If both parents don't be a dick then there should be a solution.

Stats wise turns out it happens a lot. People regularly report staying together for the kids and then continuing to stay together afterwards.

I'd give that advice too. Specifically I was talking about the situation where people almost to a T suggest they would do anything for their kids, but that anything does not include sucking it up where their relationship is concerned.

All the stuff before one has kids, finding a partner, being the best you you can be, developing a working relationship etc is before one has kids. Or at least should be!

So it's more advice post kids upon relational difficulty, then my advice would be don't be a dick. If both parents don't be a dick then there should be a solution.

Stats wise turns out it happens a lot. People regularly report staying together for the kids and then continuing to stay together afterwards.

Very well put.....

I can be civil with someone if I have to be. I could live in the same house as someone and never talk to them, share chores out and separate bedrooms. I've had housemates like that in the past.

You can't not be toxic as fuck for your kids? The ones you'd die for? You can't be a slightly better human being for them?
I don't want to spoil it to you but 90% of those people saying they'd die for their kids in fact would not.

Sometimes the situation is untenable.

I don't want to spoil it to you but 90% of those people saying they'd die for their kids in fact would not.

90% of people probably don't have the conviction to follow through on the majority of what they say, especially if it might involve hard work, deflation of the ego.....etc

I think the main issue is there's no necessity in relationships in the west and outside of some of the religions it's certainly not supported ....... People are far too self absorbed..

Back