I cheated a 10 year old out of over $1000 dollars. Am I a dick?

Isn't this the plot of Toy Story 3?

Yes dickish and of questionable moral character.

It is one thing when antique and bargain hunters search for items of value to buy cheap from other adults who might not be aware of their value. An adult has the capacity to research the value of his/her possessions and know better.

It's another when an adult takes advantage of the infirm, mentally challenged or a child just because they can.

You can spend that grand better than a 10 yr old. Either that 10 yr old gives it to his parents who then spend it on drugs, or the 10 yr old buys drugs for himself.

You did the ten year old and the world a favor.
Jokes on you, TS already spent the $1000 on soda & candies.

Yes. You are a dick.

Not like it is news though.

Yeah that's a dick move.

Recently I started building up inventory to start an ebay store. Last week I got 80 skylanders from thrift stores. This last weekend I was interested in a bunch of skylanders at a garage sale. I knew there was at least a thousand bucks of stuff there and I asked how much for all of it. The mom told me that they were her sons and that I can negotiate with him for the price.

He came outside and was about 10 years old. I offered 25 bucks and he got wide eyed like he was rich and quickly accepted it.

Am I a dick for scoring well over $1000 of shit for 25 bucks from a 10 year old?

Here is my score (over 150 items, just 3 of the pieces in front are worth $40-$50 each):

Now I have a total of 230ish skylanders to individually list on ebay :(

Yes. Fight me IRL, pussy.

You took advantage of a kid. Pretty fucked up imo.

Can't blame you if you're seriously in need of money. Otherwise you should have paid a fair amount.

I bid $24 for the whole lot on ebay. hope I win

You took advantage of a kid. Pretty fucked up imo.

Can't blame you if you're seriously in need of money. Otherwise you should have paid a fair amount.
He did it for the lulz.

Hespect.

You swindled him. Thats business, but it should weigh on your conscience. Sell em all and then give him like 15%. You can afford it.

I personally wouldn't care. The mom is an idiot for letting her 10 year old son negotiate. You did what any reasonable adult would do and made an offer and he accepted, why the fuck should you fork out $100 to some random brat out of the goodness of your heart? He'll just blow it on candy and toys anyway. This 100% on the mom and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

What the f'ck is a Skylander, and why the f'ck would someone pay more than a quarter each for those?!?

Yeah thats bad

He is a child, they were his toys and he didnt realise their worth, you as a much older person did and took advanatage of the child

Offering $25 for something worth over $1000 is robbery

No, you're not a dick, ts. You're a coont ;)

Back