I cheated a 10 year old out of over $1000 dollars. Am I a dick?

RockstarChris

Dwight Belt
Banned
Reaction score
Recently I started building up inventory to start an ebay store. Last week I got 80 skylanders from thrift stores. This last weekend I was interested in a bunch of skylanders at a garage sale. I knew there was at least a thousand bucks of stuff there and I asked how much for all of it. The mom told me that they were her sons and that I can negotiate with him for the price.

He came outside and was about 10 years old. I offered 25 bucks and he got wide eyed like he was rich and quickly accepted it.

Am I a dick for scoring well over $1000 of shit for 25 bucks from a 10 year old?

Here is my score (over 150 items, just 3 of the pieces in front are worth $40-$50 each):

Now I have a total of 230ish skylanders to individually list on ebay :(

Nope. This is on his mom.

lol, mom should have known better than to have her 10 year old son barter away his hobby.

What you did isn't neccessarily dickish, probably should have given him a better offer than $25 though.

Not a dick but you are an asshole

yes and no in a round about way.

<{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}>

Recently I started building up inventory to start an ebay store. Last week I got 80 skylanders from thrift stores. This last weekend I was interested in a bunch of skylanders at a garage sale. I knew there was at least a thousand bucks of stuff there and I asked how much for all of it. The mom told me that they were her sons and that I can negotiate with him for the price.

He came outside and was about 10 years old. I offered 25 bucks and he got wide eyed like he was rich and quickly accepted it.

Am I a dick for scoring well over $1000 of shit for 25 bucks from a 10 year old?

Here is my score (over 150 items, just 3 of the pieces in front are worth $40-$50 each):

Now I have a total of 230ish skylanders to individually list on ebay :(

Nerd alert!!

So I always hear about how much stuff is worth. Can you honestly cash in on those right now if you put em on eBay? Just curious

Was he blind and did you sell him a dead parakeet too?

Whats funny is I saw the same kid with some friends a couple hours later and they all had sodas and a ton of candy. Guess that $25 wasn't invested wisely.

And this reminds me of the time my friend got a ridiculously cheap deal on a paintball gun at a garage sale. Supposedly a little kid sold his big brothers paintball gun for dirt cheap. I know that kid got the shit beat out of him once his brother found out

So I always hear about how much stuff is worth. Can you honestly cash in on those right now if you put em on eBay? Just curious

yep, I just check the SOLD listings for each item and they range from $5-$50. Most are in the $5-$15 range.

On the one hand there's the principles of freedom of contract.

On the other hand he's a minor and clearly an unsophisticated party. I'd call this agreement unconscionable.

In short, you're a total dick.

I should pay the kid another $25 to list them all for me. That would be very Trumpesqe

Back