I cheated a 10 year old out of over $1000 dollars. Am I a dick? | Page 7

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by DynamicLoosener, May 16, 2017.

1. Soma Breathe the body deep

Soma
    The cream rises to the top.

2. Renard Brown Belt

Renard
    A little. But I would have done the same. No need to feel pity for the kid, he has parents who are willing to spend hundreds and hundreds on their son's hobby and are well-off enough to not notice.

3. MusclesMarinara Friends with Bigfoot

MusclesMarinara
    What I have learned from this thread is that e-bay is a place where you can sell cheap plastic garbage to stupid people for far more than it's worth.

urnotaslave23 and Hungry Joe like this.
  4. Hogey Black Belt

Hogey
    Give him 100 bucks.

He doesn't need the money.

You cheated his parents but if they had been good parents they should have known how much that shit was worth and not allowed him to even touch that crap.

5. Hogey Black Belt

Hogey
    Lol. Back in high school I think it was freshmen year. Me and my buddy broke into my best friends house through a window with a ladder so I could burrow his computer for a LAN party. So we found a plastic tonka wagon and put it in there.

While in his house I found his paintball gun took it and sold it.

When he came back he noticed his computer missing and called me if I knew anything about it. I told him I took it for a LAN party and sold his paintball gun and have his share of the profits.

When he saw me still LANing at our buddies house he was just like fucking hogey but couldn't stop laughing

Drenalin likes this.
  6. freaky Black Belt

freaky
    First of all, where did he get those? Are they heirlooms or what? I don't care for rich people getting scammed.

The mom was also an idiot for letting you scam her kid. Whoever bought those (probably dad) will be super pissed off.

I think you should've offered lower seeing how happy he was with 25.

7. LukeSkyrocker Yellow Belt

LukeSkyrocker
    Tuck.

8. LukeSkyrocker Yellow Belt

LukeSkyrocker
    Fucking scumbag piece of shit. If you know it's worth $1000 give the kid $100 at least you prick

9. Hogey Black Belt

Hogey
    I feel if a parent/ the father who bought those and knew what's up with them asked for those back I would hope you'd have the integrity to offer them back even at cheaper price.

Fuck the parents if they where both oblivious and found out it's value after

150 buy back. Knowledge has its price

10. Hungry Joe Blue Belt

Hungry Joe
    You're going to end up keeping them.

urnotaslave23 likes this.
  11. urnotaslave23 Riding the Spiral

urnotaslave23
    My Wife just bought a dollhouse from our senior citizen neighbors for our 2 year old. It's the collector kind that you have to put together and paint yourself. She offered them $50 because we don't know shit about dollhouses but this thing is huge, and still in the box never opened. He offered to just gift it to our daughter 'cause he's a really good dude and him and his wife are like an extra pair of grandparents to our kids. But because he's such a good dude and because they're living off of SS the Wife forced the money on him. After we got it I looked that shit up online and 1. The company doesn't make or sell them anymore and 2. It's retail value is $350. Are we dicks if we don't offer them more money and instead, just act like we still have no idea what it's really worth?

12. Rozko Brown Belt

Rozko
    Should have thrown in some beads and a blanket.

13. IloveTHIS Black Belt

IloveTHIS
    personally wouldnt have given a shit. I'd consider coming back after I made that much money and give the kid another $25. He probably lit up like a Christmas tree when he got the first $25, another $25 out of nowhere would make his year. its not like he needs any more than that anyways...his parents are obviously well off.

If anything, you scammed the parents. Not the kid. He didnt buy that shit..

14. Dark One Green Belt

Dark One
    It was for sale and you bought it. Anybody trying to make you feel bad about that is an idiot. You didn't even bargain. You made an offer and they accepted it