How many here are addicted to alcohol?

Yup. Getting it under control. I've done 34 out of 45 days alcohol free this year. And some of that was reducing safely from the relapse. Day 4 alcohol free on my latest stint. Put it this way I'm a million miles closer to beating it than I was 4 years ago. It still runs my life the majority of the time. Constantly looking over my shoulder for the beast creeping up on me.

Glad to be sober right now.

No, but i do have an addiction to painkillers though.

Nah used to drink because you had to to get girls
Other than that not had a drop in years literally

Gambling is my vice openly got a problem yo

Nah used to drink because you had to to get girls
Other than that not had a drop in years literally

Gambling is my vice openly got a problem yo

Your problem is your stupid fucking headlights you wanker.

Dude that's not a problem
It's certainly not my problem

It may be your problem if your driving towards me

You are confirming all of my suspicions regarding people with blue headlights

I yearn for alcohol, but keep it under control. 0-4 drinks a day. Maybe twice a week I'll abstain.

But yes, I'd say I'm addicted.

#metoo
I generally believe its kinda not really a problem but I do notice when I dont have one that I WANT one. Usually only after work though. I can do without but damn if im not thinking about it. Its also starting to do a number on what was once a six pack.
That's why I drink Miller Lite at home. Doesn't give me the bloat like regular beer.

I had a rough patch when my uncle died and my girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me when I was due to come home from halfway across the country in a week. Got fucked up almost every night for 4-5 months. Drove on the wrong side of the highway, ended up having to pull into the grass median when I saw oncoming headlights. Re evaluated some shit after that. Not sure if that made me an alcoholic so much as a guy trying to drown his feelings in booze

I drink too much but not affecting my life ... yet lol!

Still stay sober on gym and muay thai nights, so thats something.

It amazes me how people can be alcoholics. In one night I can out-drink anyone I know, but for the week afterwards I hate even looking at anything alcohol. How do you not feel so run down and disgusting? And the horrible sleep quality etc. Really every time I drink I remember why I go so long in between indulging, and its because it does not make me feel good.

I think it must just be something with our different genetic makeup. I could never be an alcoholic. Downsides outweigh the perks way too much for me. Makes me feel gross instead of great.

That’s why they’re alcoholics. Or how they turn into alcoholics. They don’t want to deal with the come down. So they just keep drinking and feel good all the time.

So if Disney gets Fantastic 4 will there be "3rd" first Fantastic 4 movie? Or will they just use the same actors and backstory from the last one and just merge their universe with the avengers/ guardians of the galaxy universe?

That’s why they’re alcoholics. Or how they turn into alcoholics. They don’t want to deal with the come down. So they just keep drinking and feel good all the time.

It's more complicated, but I don't disagree with your statement.

It's just drinking to feel good in the morning becomes drinking to feel normal in the morning before you know it (difficult to be aware of the seriousness when you're drunk all the time). This then becomes drinking to feel human in the morning, because you've deprived yourself of nutrients and even sustenance altogether (you lose the ability to eat properly when drinking non-stop). Then comes the physical withdrawal and the DTs when you become physically dependent. Drinking in the morning becomes a race against time to force enough alcohol down to stop yourself having seizures and needing to be rushed to hospital. After a few weeks I'm sure you can imagine what the state of your digestive system's in, esophagus aching from wretching/vomiting all the time etc.

It's about feeling good to start with, sure. Deep down though, people can feel good without it so most alcoholics have shit going on they're trying to forget, whether they know it yet or not. Not all though, alcoholism varies- there are different stages/degrees/forms. People who've been abusing alcohol for long periods of time can damage their body/brain chemistry to the point alcohol dependence can take effect quicker for instance. The DTs (a complication of withdrawal which is basically a living hell, which can result in death if not treated) don't normally kick in until somebody has been abusing alcohol for a number of years.

It pays not to generalize alcoholics. If the cliche generalizations were true it'd be a hell of a lot easier to treat. Councilling works for some, others not. Same with CBT. Everyone's different, and considering my experience and countless others' experiences regarding the competence and attitude of the medical profession, we still have a lot to learn about the condition.

I usually have about 8-9 beers/wk. Sometimes more, then sometimes I'll go like a month without anything. I go to a trivia night once every few weeks and have about 4 beers cause the girls that work there only charge me for 1 no matter how many I have.

Last edited:
So if Disney gets Fantastic 4 will there be "3rd" first Fantastic 4 movie? Or will they just use the same actors and backstory from the last one and just merge their universe with the avengers/ guardians of the galaxy universe?

Are you drunk right now?

Usually just drink a couple of times a year so save a lot on money and calories, worried that I'd become an alcoholic so gotta try to keep away from the stuff. Also it tastes like poison

Hate alcohol. Only been drunk a couple times. I do not enjoy it even slightly.

Use to drink about 3 days out of the week, always made an excuse as to why i needed to drink (UFC fights, football games, doing yard work, hanging out with friends/family, etc.) I would buy a 12 pack and drink the 12 pack, anything i bought (mostly beer) was all drank in the same day/night. I knew i was becoming dependent on it because all social activities and family activities were graded on the amount of drinking that was going to be included. One day my wife told me she was worried about me and her saying that to me was the kick in the balls i needed.

A few years back i went the entire year (2013 or 2014 i believe) without a drink, was hard as fuck but totally worth it. I was able to see things for what they really were, just enjoy the moment, enjoy the little things. I do still drink but maybe its once or twice a month and when i do drink i usually buy one or two 24oz craft beers and i drink it, i don't slam it, i sip it and enjoy it. Taking that year off from drinking rebooted my tolerance for alcohol as well, it takes a lot less to get a nice little buzz. This has worked for me, won't work for everyone but if you think you're becoming too dependent on alcohol, you probably are, and should make a change in your life if you can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back