How many here are addicted to alcohol?

I'm an alcoholic and not proud to say that but at least I can admit it which is something I suppose. It wasn't something I planned on. I'm pretty depressed in general and then add a history of drug addiction to the mix and it isn't good. Hopefully I can make the necessary adjustments soon so I don't feel the need to drink. It sucks.

Quit two years ago

Best choice ive ever made

i drink, and i actually love it, but i take pride in my willpower, so i dont use it in excess because i know it could turn into a problem, so i have it under control

Do we have any alcoholics here? Are things going well or is life bad right now?
Depends on your definition I guess. I hardly ever get smashed but my problem is having a few drinks too many nights a week. I have a hard time going a day without having a few beers ou of boredom. Currently day 10 sober which is the longest I've gone since last year when I managed 3 weeks before I fell back into it.

I figured I was to be quite honest. Developed a taste for whiskey. I was gifted a few boxes full of pint bottles meant for retail. It was at the point where I’d knock out close to a pint a night, so I cut it back to a third of a pint bottle a night. I wasn’t getting drunk, just a nice buzz going to wind down for the night. After about four years of this, I decided my liver was due a break. Wasn’t an issue at all. I’m guessing it takes more time for your body to become physically dependent on alcohol.

not alcoholic, but I find that i've been drinking a lot on weekends. I don't let it ruin my work life though, but will start slowing down on weekends as i'm starting to get tired of being hungover.

Alcohol dependent not alcoholic here

I cannot become an alcoholic. I break down alcohol way too fast, but byproduct builds up too fast. I get diarrhea the next day. Severity depends on how much I drink.

Last edited:
I haven't had a drink in 7-8 years maybe. I enjoyed drinking but I suffer from chronic migraines so I gave it up.

I want to say no..but I've been having a drink every night after work for the last month or so..so maybe?

That's moderate so no.

I'm an alcoholic. I was on a good run from last May until recently. Slipped up and had a two day bender then got back to that sober living. It's not fun. No es bueno.

Haven't had a drink in about a month. I had a small sip of beer my friend was having a few days ago just to taste it though but that's it. Gonna get wasted in Vietnam tomorrow night though because it's so cheap.

Im a huge alcoholic.

Cant quit. Kinda sucks. I just try to keep it under control

I dont have to drink alot, but i drink daily. Pretty positive it will kill me

Shit man thats terrible. Sorry to hear that.

I would like you to sit on an AA meeting. You don't have to talk, or contribute, but it will be good to hear other people talk about their experiences. Kind of like how it felt pretty good to talk about it here, and see others.

I'm not an Alcoholic but I will throw this out there to any sherbros who are thinking about getting help:

My grandmother is an alcoholic and will be getting her 40 year medallion this year (you get medallions for sobriety milestones for those ppl who aren't familiar). she is 86, still goes to meetings all the time and still sponsors ppl.

I drink often but I'm not an addict. I can go weeks without having a sip and not feel anything. I know a few guys that can't even sleep at night if they don't drink a 6 pack.

Haven't had a drink in about a month. I had a small sip of beer my friend was having a few days ago just to taste it though but that's it. Gonna get wasted in Vietnam tomorrow night though because it's so cheap.

dat 50c bia hoi!

About ten cans of beer everyday after work and on weekends 24 pack a day plus I hit the bong all the time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back