How many here are addicted to alcohol?

Big time. At one point id drink to blackout multiple times a day. Did that for about a year straight. Was so depressed I just wanted to escape. I had a pretty hefty benzo addiction on top of that. If I didn't drink I'd have seizures.

Eventually I went to rehab and got sober for a good year. Had one relapse around the holidays for a couple of weeks. It was hell on my body, constant anxiety now but in dealing with it best I can. Probably gained 50 pounds because all I did was sit around and get shit faced. I'm lucky I have family who didnt give up on me.

I'm blessed in that aspect. Starting your life over in your 30s it tough shit though. I wasted so many good years.
I feel you on that. I'm just starting to feel like SOMETIMES I know what the fuck is going on. Wasted a long, long time in a drugged out stupor sort of trying to forget I existed. The last few years I've actually been trying to see if I can be a functional adult and it's sorta working!

Whatever else you're struggling with, keep at it man. ANY forward progress is good, even if it's small.

<8>

Back