How many here are addicted to alcohol?

never drank until college.
had it bad for a few years.
backed way off.
now, no problem.
moderation.

Big time. At one point id drink to blackout multiple times a day. Did that for about a year straight. Was so depressed I just wanted to escape. I had a pretty hefty benzo addiction on top of that. If I didn't drink I'd have seizures.

Eventually I went to rehab and got sober for a good year. Had one relapse around the holidays for a couple of weeks. It was hell on my body, constant anxiety now but in dealing with it best I can. Probably gained 50 pounds because all I did was sit around and get shit faced. I'm lucky I have family who didnt give up on me.

I'm blessed in that aspect. Starting your life over in your 30s it tough shit though. I wasted so many good years.

Yea it takes different ways for different people to wake up. But if you ultimately want too quit you will find your way to do it.

I am 25 months sober and had my first fight November, another in June likely. You can do big things, discover what makes you happy in this transformation stage.

good job bud, is ECC still around?

After supporting various breweries and whiskey makers for 39 years, I finally walked away from it. When your doctor tells you, you've got cancer, it provides much needed motivation.

good job bud, is ECC still around?
I am not sure to be honest. I thought I heard they were planning an event..long time since last event, seems like when Gavin Tucker went too the UFC they slowed down

After supporting various breweries and whiskey makers for 39 years, I finally walked away from it. When your doctor tells you, you've got cancer, it provides much needed motivation.
How are you making out these days sherdogger? Hoping all is well

I've always thoroughly enjoyed drinking and has some behavior issues with it. Smoking weed daily helped me cut down but I've taken a hiatus on that. But I've been drinking almost daily since my relationship fell apart in November. And I am in massive debt yet keep charging more and more beer on credit cards.

I stopped heavily drinking liquor a few years ago. I drink it at open bar weddings and get a small bottle of tequila occasionally. Which I drink otw home from work.

I don't know if I had a problem or not. I would never drink during the weekdays EVER. But on the weekends I could rip 10-20 beers in a night depending on what type of beers. I couldn't just have a few. It was all or nothing. I stopped because it was making me gain weight and was costing me 30+ bucks every weekend. Also no hangovers is awesome.

How are you making out these days sherdogger? Hoping all is well
Good Sherbro, I’ve lost a lot of weight because of it but I feel healthier. Went from wearing size 36 down to size 32 pancake butt.
Thanks for asking

Hell no, painkillers are so much better. Alcohol is cheaper so it got that going for it.

I am almost 3 months sober from alchohol and weed. Was a New Years resolution that went from 2 weeks to a month and now 3. I am contemplating if I want to do 6 or just start drinking moderately maybe once or twice a week only.

Last edited:
I enjoy alcohol. Big fan of beers and some of the craft and IPA beers. Id say i usually like to have 1-5 beers a night. But lately ive been only drinking a couple on weekends cause funds have been tight.

When i turn it up tho i can drink a bottle of hard stuff and a case of beer in a day/night. I try to save those benders for rare occasions

Big time. At one point id drink to blackout multiple times a day. Did that for about a year straight. Was so depressed I just wanted to escape. I had a pretty hefty benzo addiction on top of that. If I didn't drink I'd have seizures.

Eventually I went to rehab and got sober for a good year. Had one relapse around the holidays for a couple of weeks. It was hell on my body, constant anxiety now but in dealing with it best I can. Probably gained 50 pounds because all I did was sit around and get shit faced. I'm lucky I have family who didnt give up on me.

I'm blessed in that aspect. Starting your life over in your 30s it tough shit though. I wasted so many good years.
Benzo addiction is great, the withdrawal sucked though.

Drinking is one of those things that can sneak up on you. It can become a habit pretty quickly. I typically only drink one night a week. I enjoy the relaxing aspect of it, but if I have too much I feel like crap the next day.

75d4cfce3035b2169c70230bd07a84ae.jpg

I was a binger back in the day. Never DT level though plenty in my family are/were and I was on that path. My mom actually just got outta detox for the second time and is already back to it. Ive always been good at conceptualizing potential demises and alcoholic was an easy one to see as my doom so fuck the devil juice.

4-6 beers everyday after work. I wish I could stop but I feel "unfulfilled" if I don't reward my liver for a hard night's work.

Used to be through part of my 20's. If that even counts. When my stomach started getting fucked up I discovered weed, and how much better itworks for me than alcohol. Never looked back. I drink pretty rarely now but definitely have a weed "problem" instead.

Whatevs

<Fedor23>

Back