How many here are addicted to alcohol?

I stopped being an alcoholic in 2009. Still drink but I keep it infrequent and don't get shit faced anymore. Save so much money this way.

Last edited:
I cant drink. I cant have one drink, I want all the drinks. I drink heavily on fridays. Saturdays blow but im fully recovered by Monday.

Hate alcohol. Only been drunk a couple times. I do not enjoy it even slightly.

It does help that the hangover for me was always far far worse than any positive feeling from it, only got truly drunk a handful of times during my uni years before giving it up.

I'm in Canada.

I like spiced Rum and Burbon. A 16oz bottle runs me about $30-35. And thats only good for 1 day. I tried drinking cheap liquor, but it didn't taste good and the % was too low to get a good buzz.

Jim Beam Bonded is your friend. About $33 a bottle and 100 proof. Nice smooth bourbon, a bit on the sweet side for some but it's a pretty good daily drinker. Widely available too, most LCBO stores will have it. You can get smashed pretty fast drinking this stuff.

My drinking problem is "what should I try next?" Spirits change taste when the bottles are open too long so I can only have a couple bottles open at a time at the rate I'm going. Makes it hard to prioritize my purchases, my list of stuff to try keeps getting longer & longer.

Depends on your definition I guess. I hardly ever get smashed but my problem is having a few drinks too many nights a week. I have a hard time going a day without having a few beers ou of boredom. Currently day 10 sober which is the longest I've gone since last year when I managed 3 weeks before I fell back into it.
this is my problem. 3 weeks isnt that difficult,i do that several times a year but anything beyond thats tough cos of my social circle.

Jesus I pound whiskey like five times a night. I'm always out partying after a show. If you guys are alcoholics I'm fucked lol.

To be honest I absolutely love being fucked up though.

Jim Beam Bonded is your friend. About $33 a bottle and 100 proof. Nice smooth bourbon, a bit on the sweet side for some but it's a pretty good daily drinker. Widely available too, most LCBO stores will have it. You can get smashed pretty fast drinking this stuff.

My drinking problem is "what should I try next?" Spirits change taste when the bottles are open too long so I can only have a couple bottles open at a time at the rate I'm going. Makes it hard to prioritize my purchases, my list of stuff to try keeps getting longer & longer.
Damn, it's actually not bad. Has a nice spice that delays for a bit. Gonna to kill this bottle tonight

Jesus I pound whiskey like five times a night. I'm always out partying after a show. If you guys are alcoholics I'm fucked lol.

To be honest I absolutely love being fucked up though.

I didn't drink Monday through Thursday this week. The longest break I've taken in over a year. For blacked out last night.

I drink about a 5th of whiskey 5 out 7 nights a week.

Damn, it's actually not bad. Has a nice spice that delays for a bit. Gonna to kill this bottle tonight

I was surprised that it didn't suck. Every other 100 proof bourbon is at least $37 so for the longest time I was wondering why the Jim Beam Bonded was significantly cheaper, I figured there was probably something wrong with it. Finally bought a bottle a couple years back and found out that it wasn't bad, it's not harsh, there's no chemical taste, it's actually decent. It doesn't have the full flavours & balance of some of the other stuff I'm used to but it's just fine as a daily drinker.

Also, LCBO has the Knob Creek Small Batch on sale for $42 right now, this is my usual go-to Bourbon. You don't want to kill a bottle in one go, so what you do is have a couple shots of the Knob Creek then switch to something cheaper like the Jim Beam Bonded to finish getting smashed.

I was surprised that it didn't suck. Every other 100 proof bourbon is at least $37 so for the longest time I was wondering why the Jim Beam Bonded was significantly cheaper, I figured there was probably something wrong with it. Finally bought a bottle a couple years back and found out that it wasn't bad, it's not harsh, there's no chemical taste, it's actually decent. It doesn't have the full flavours & balance of some of the other stuff I'm used to but it's just fine as a daily drinker.

Also, LCBO has the Knob Creek Small Batch on sale for $42 right now, this is my usual go-to Bourbon. You don't want to kill a bottle in one go, so what you do is have a couple shots of the Knob Creek then switch to something cheaper like the Jim Beam Bonded to finish getting smashed.

Wild Turkey 101 is reasonably priced.

Knobb Creek 120 Proof and Bookers Bourbon (136 proof) are the truth.

The other day I took some tequila shots and ran out, so I drank of the red wine my mom gave me for Christmas, dunno what the chemical mix is, but it gave me a pretty dope black out

So 5oz tequila + 500ml red wine

I used to just get shit faced on the weekends but now i drink more often but to a lesser extext. I still rather only drink a few times a month but it's hard. I'm visiting Seattle right now and plan on indulging tonight and tomorrow. I don't know what I'd do on vacation at night time if I wasn't checking out cool bars.

Wild Turkey 101 is reasonably priced.

Knobb Creek 120 Proof and Bookers Bourbon (136 proof) are the truth.

Booker's is hard to get up here in Canada, it literally shows up for like 3 days a year before the entire supply is sold out. I've managed to snag a bottle the last few years and man, it really is as good as everyone says it is. Knob Creek 120 is amazing too, I'm picking up another bottle when my current one runs out.

Wild Turkey 101 is about $38 up here, still reasonable, but I'd rather grab the Knob Creek 100 for $4-5 more when it goes on sale up here. WT 101 was my go-to drinker for quite some time until the liquor stores in my area started putting KC 100 on sale every few months.

I'm an alcoholic but I havent had a drink in 7 years. Pretty easy that way.

I'm an alcoholic and I had a drink 5 minutes ago. I'm good for the most part just bored...never been arrested or any shit like that.

I'm 33, if you don't mind me asking how old are you?

Booker's is hard to get up here in Canada, it literally shows up for like 3 days a year before the entire supply is sold out. I've managed to snag a bottle the last few years and man, it really is as good as everyone says it is. Knob Creek 120 is amazing too, I'm picking up another bottle when my current one runs out.

Wild Turkey 101 is about $38 up here, still reasonable, but I'd rather grab the Knob Creek 100 for $4-5 more when it goes on sale up here. WT 101 was my go-to drinker for quite some time until the liquor stores in my area started putting KC 100 on sale every few months.

Damn. Wild Turkey like $27-30 around here

I used to love beer. Weeknights was a 6 pack, Friday and Saturday was anything up to 15/20. In 2012 had some health issues and I stopped drinking and smoking. Took about 5 months to work out that I was a coeliac so couldn't drink beer anymore. I could have switched to spirits but was so happy to quit smoking that I made the choice not to drink. Went about 2 years without, now I'll have the occasional margarita and get a nice little buzz. I miss a nice cold beer on a hot summer day but feel pretty happy without it.

Damn. Wild Turkey like $27-30 around here

Alcohol's expensive up here in Canada, they tax it pretty good to pay for our healthcare and stuff. It's actually not too bad right now once you account for the exchange rate, but they don't float the prices with the currency exchange so the prices can get really out of whack at times.

I used to love beer. Weeknights was a 6 pack, Friday and Saturday was anything up to 15/20. In 2012 had some health issues and I stopped drinking and smoking. Took about 5 months to work out that I was a coeliac so couldn't drink beer anymore. I could have switched to spirits but was so happy to quit smoking that I made the choice not to drink. Went about 2 years without, now I'll have the occasional margarita and get a nice little buzz. I miss a nice cold beer on a hot summer day but feel pretty happy without it.

Beer has been kicking my ass lately

I can drink more than a bottle of whiskey a night and I feel finer in the morning but if I have more than 6 beers I feel like absolute shit in the morning. Takes me a full day to recover.

Beer has been kicking my ass lately

I can drink more than a bottle of whiskey a night and I feel finer in the morning but if I have more than 6 beers I feel like absolute shit in the morning. Takes me a full day to recover.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I was the opposite. After work I would sit on my balcony and chain smoke while drinking beer in the sun. I would rarely drink after eating dinner which may have helped.

Back