How many here are addicted to alcohol?

Use to drink about 3 days out of the week, always made an excuse as to why i needed to drink (UFC fights, football games, doing yard work, hanging out with friends/family, etc.) I would buy a 12 pack and drink the 12 pack, anything i bought (mostly beer) was all drank in the same day/night. I knew i was becoming dependent on it because all social activities and family activities were graded on the amount of drinking that was going to be included. One day my wife told me she was worried about me and her saying that to me was the kick in the balls i needed.

A few years back i went the entire year (2013 or 2014 i believe) without a drink, was hard as fuck but totally worth it. I was able to see things for what they really were, just enjoy the moment, enjoy the little things. I do still drink but maybe its once or twice a month and when i do drink i usually buy one or two 24oz craft beers and i drink it, i don't slam it, i sip it and enjoy it. Taking that year off from drinking rebooted my tolerance for alcohol as well, it takes a lot less to get a nice little buzz. This has worked for me, won't work for everyone but if you think you're becoming too dependent on alcohol, you probably are, and should make a change in your life if you can.
First paragraph sounds a lot like me.

Second paragraph sounds a lot like something I need to try.

I've been binging a lot lately, and used to have a big problem. But for the most part, I only have two or three beers a week.

Used to drink almost everyday. Been over a month since the last. Still, i would say I'm an alki.

I have the potential, but i never drank.

Nowadays i drink one or two beers, i could certainly do more but i dont because of the caloric intake. So i guess im not an alcoholic if i can control how much i drink based on it?

If calories and work wasnt a problem i would certainly be drinking a six a day at the very least.

kinda. Not full on alcoholic, but I'm seeing its growing, and it takes alot more to get drunk anymore. Shit costs alot, I need to cut down. Spending $120 a week on booze only is bad for my finances, and I'm usually pretty on top when it comes to that

Do you have to drink that fancy? or is alcohol is that expensive where you live?

I mean here in Mexico you can get some decent spirit (tequila, mezcal, rum, vodka) for around $10-15 and you can get a decent premium beer at around $5-8 a six-pack.

Then there is the binge drinker packs with cheap spirits at around $5-10 and the macrobrew promotions of 12packs at around $6.

Then at the bottom of that there is the "I just want to kill myself options" you can get "firewater" at around $2 a liter with 35 ABV which is what hobbos or natives drink around here.

Do you have to drink that fancy? or is alcohol is that expensive where you live?

I mean here in Mexico you can get some decent spirit (tequila, mezcal, rum, vodka) for around $10-15 and you can get a decent premium beer at around $5-8 a six-pack.

Then there is the binge drinker packs with cheap spirits at around $5-10 and the macrobrew promotions of 12packs at around $6.

Then at the bottom of that there is the "I just want to kill myself options" you can get "firewater" at around $2 a liter with 35 ABV which is what hobbos or natives drink around here.
I'm in Canada.

I like spiced Rum and Burbon. A 16oz bottle runs me about $30-35. And thats only good for 1 day. I tried drinking cheap liquor, but it didn't taste good and the % was too low to get a good buzz.

I guess its pricey because of the import taxes. Not a fan of beer, used to drink a bit of craft beef, but I only found Hefezeizens to my liking, and even then I prefer spirits alot more over beer.

I'm in Canada.

I like spiced Rum and Burbon. A 16oz bottle runs me about $30-35. And thats only good for 1 day. I tried drinking cheap liquor, but it didn't taste good and the % was too low to get a good buzz.

I guess its pricey because of the import taxes. Not a fan of beer, used to drink a bit of craft beef, but I only found Hefezeizens to my liking, and even then I prefer spirits alot more over beer.

Ah, thats certainly quite pricey.

Here a Captain Morgan spiced rum goes for around $7-$8 USD for a 750ml bottle.

Ah, thats certainly quite pricey.

Here a Captain Morgan spiced rum goes for around $7-$8 USD for a 750ml bottle.
Damn. I usually get Sailor Jerry or Kraken and they run pricey

Maybe I should move to Mexico

Damn. I usually get Sailor Jerry or Kraken and they run pricey

Maybe I should move to Mexico

Kraken is a little more pricey at around $8-$9 the 750ml bottle.

Well, one thing is sure in Mexico, vice is on the cheap i guess thats a way for the government to keep people compliant.

Cheap booze and food and people wont revolt.

giphy.gif

Yep

Kraken is a little more pricey at around $8-$9 the 750ml bottle.

Well, one thing is sure in Mexico, vice is on the cheap i guess thats a way for the government to keep people compliant.

Cheap booze and food and people wont revolt.
I hear alot of crap about there, but it seems pretty decent. Doctors, engineers, etc are good quality as well. I've worked with a few that immigrated here, and they're up to par with in whatever field.

I hear alot of crap about there, but it seems pretty decent. Doctors, engineers, etc are good quality as well. I've worked with a few that immigrated here, and they're up to par with in whatever field.

We have tons of capable people, we also have tons of idiots and an extremely corrupt government that embelezzes billions.

Great place to live as long as you have money.

I was an alcoholic for 9 years and I am only 27. December 16th was a year sober. It ruined my life.... A lot of recovering alcoholics say they dont know if they will be sober 5-10 years down the road.... Well I do, never again.

I aim for this every week but lately I’ve been failing on Wednesday’s....so stupid man, I don’t get it
same, we cooked steaks tonight and I wasn't going to to have steak without red wine. now in drinking rum. goddamnit.

Back