Horizon: Zero Dawn (robot dinosaurs)

This game rocked. First game I've got the platinum trophy for, mainly because it wasn't that hard to get. Played the whole thing on hard and it was just right for me. Love exploring high tech ruins. Characters were boring, but i enjoyed the main story line. Tons of fun.

Yeah, first plat for me as I usually couldnt bother with it, but just playing the game and doing fun things I had every trophy before the end outside the sidequest one, so figured I may as well. Did 2 more sidequests and had that.

Great game but definitely a 1 play through kind of game.

Just started this and am having a lot of fun despite my initial low levels of hype and skepticism. The robo-dinos so far are really well done and animated beautifully. I bumped it up to hard because I figured it'd be too easy otherwise. Are you able to max out Aloy's abilities on both main trees or are skill points limited? Hoping to max both out because I'm guessing there's no respec option in the game?

I really wanted to be blown away by this game and was until I watched some of the official gameplay footage. It was just a bunch of rolling and dodging and shooting mech dinosaurs.

Just started this and am having a lot of fun despite my initial low levels of hype and skepticism. The robo-dinos so far are really well done and animated beautifully. I bumped it up to hard because I figured it'd be too easy otherwise. Are you able to max out Aloy's abilities on both main trees or are skill points limited? Hoping to max both out because I'm guessing there's no respec option in the game?

Yes all skills can be learned.

I really wanted to be blown away by this game and was until I watched some of the official gameplay footage. It was just a bunch of rolling and dodging and shooting mech dinosaurs.

There is epic scenery, gameplay and story to go with that over simplification.

So it isnt mostly rolling and dodging? Well, now Im intrigued slightly.

There is going to be some dodging like any action RPG, but there are a lot of combat options. Straight melee where you'll see the most dodging, setting up traps, bombs, different elemental combinations, exploiting weaknesses, and stealth. Aloy also has the ability to slow time for precise aiming.

There is going to be some dodging like any action RPG, but there are a lot of combat options. Straight melee where you'll see the most dodging, setting up traps, bombs, different elemental combinations, exploiting weaknesses, and stealth. Aloy also has the ability to slow time for precise aiming.
the only thing I dont like about the game there is like a invisible marker where the dinosaurs can follow you, so you can basically cheat them by moving out of the area and snipe them from afar.

Level 29 now, the lore is starting to get even more interesting.

the lore is really great and is a real gut punch towards the end.

Just finished the scene at the top office where "Horizon Dawn Zero" is mentioned as the militarys solution to the self aware robots.

Dis.Gon.Git.Gud

giphy.gif

Just finished the scene at the top office where "Horizon Dawn Zero" is mentioned as the militarys solution to the self aware robots.

Dis.Gon.Git.Gud

giphy.gif

usually in open world games is get side quest OCD and get way over leveled for story content and eventually I lose steam towards the end of the game. In Horizon I was totally sucked into the story and ditched all side content after Meridian.
Can't wait for follow up content.

usually in open world games i get side quest OCD and get way over leveled for story content and eventually I lose steam towards the end of the game.

I call it "Witcher-itis"

the lore is really great and is a real gut punch towards the end.

Glad to hear that. Right now the only thing keeping me interested is the combat. The Nora and the first main city have been pretty underwhelming.

Glad to hear that. Right now the only thing keeping me interested is the combat. The Nora and the first main city have been pretty underwhelming.

yeah, the story takes a bit to get going as they unveil who Aloy is and get her started in her quest, and oh yeah, there are robot dinosaurs out in the wild for some reason. Once you get to Merdian you start to get a glimpse of whats really happening. When you finally learn what Project Zero Dawn was and what's at stake the story unfolds to be pretty epic.

the only thing I dont like about the game there is like a invisible marker where the dinosaurs can follow you, so you can basically cheat them by moving out of the area and snipe them from afar.

This big time. Game is great on all fronts with the exception of how easy it is to kill these things once you get the hang of it. The robots should follow you as far as you go until you kill them. If you know what you're doing, you can pick anything off.

This big time. Game is great on all fronts with the exception of how easy it is to kill these things once you get the hang of it. The robots should follow you as far as you go until you kill them. If you know what you're doing, you can pick anything off.
yup they are hampered by an invisible field, and you knock out there weapons they are basically helpless, the secret armour is also basically a cheat code.

That would definitely have been something I would have been a fan of for harder difficulties. There are a lot of terrible people who play video games and imagine running from the corrupt zone with two Rockbreakers into the canyon with two Thunderjaws :eek:

I'd definitely like the option though, I found myself using less stealth the further I got into the game when I had memorized how to kill which machines and with what.

Here's hoping for Horizon 2.

That would definitely have been something I would have been a fan of for harder difficulties. There are a lot of terrible people who play video games and imagine running from the corrupt zone with two Rockbreakers into the canyon with two Thunderjaws :eek:

I'd definitely like the option though, I found myself using less stealth the further I got into the game when I had memorized how to kill which machines and with what.

Here's hoping for Horizon 2.

Theyve pretty much confirmed a sequel. Game sold great and fans and critics alike adored it. No way we dont get a sequel

Back