Horizon: Zero Dawn (robot dinosaurs) | Page 15

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by PAUonePUNCH, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Evangelion Silver Belt

Evangelion
    Yes the first time i faced a rockbreaker it saved my ass. I could just not get around the rockbreaker to get to its weak points. So i shot it right in the mouth with the freeze sling and opened up on its frozen ass with the rattler

2. Dinkin_Flicka So easy it's hard

Dinkin_Flicka
    I didn't do a ton of testing and it was more of a "feeling" that I started leaning towards the Sling for status ailments over the Warbow. When loaded with the same 3 purple +Freeze weapon mods, the Warbow was a little more than 1/3 than the freeze effect on the Sling, so I figured with 3 arrows loaded I can inflict Freezr faster, but the reload speed of the Warbow and loading 3 arrows it felt slower building up the freeze ailment.

One of the last boss fights I found electric stun to be pretty effective over a few tries. Bouncing between the Warbow and Sling for building up the ailment, the Sling just seemed to get it to stick faster and felt more effective.

This is all for fighting large enemies where aim isn't as necessary. If you're fighting a smaller/faster target, I would say go for the Warbow.

3. EzFlyer Senior Moderator

EzFlyer
    oh, yea, i didn't think of the 3 arrow thing... two & three arrow nocking are my next purchases.. they work with warbow?

4. RerouteToRemain Red Belt

RerouteToRemain

Shadow hunter
    Shadow sharpshot
    Shadow tripcaster
    Lodge ropecaster

I have two shadow hunters one with three 44% damage mods and the other with all fire mods. I leave the damage out.

2 sharpshot, 1 all damage mods and the other all tear. I leave the tear out.

I don't think I ever used the slings. I rarely used the lodge war bow. I should have used it more.

I used the survival with ranged and melee mods before the acient armor.

EzFlyer likes this.
  5. MardyBum It's Not Easy Being Drunk All The Time.

MardyBum
    For myself, it's always :

Left - Shadow Hunter Bow - + 3 Fire mods
    Right - Shadow Sharpshot Bow - + 3 Damage mods

I haven't changed those two since i've got them. Highest damaging arrows + Tearblast + cheaply made but decent damaging arrows you can group in 3's quickly + fire arrows.

Outside of those I usually have the Lodge War Bow for my bottom weapon - maxed out with corruption mods. 3 arrows will corrupt anything you run across regularly, great to cause havoc in any group you run across (override one machine, hit another with the arrows)

Then for the last spot I rotate between :

Shadow War Bow - modded with Shock mods for Longlegs, stalkers etc.
    Shadow Slingshot - modded with Freeze mods for Behemoths, Tramplers (slower + bigger so easier to hit with a sling)
    Lodge Blast Sling - modded with damage mods
    Lodge Ropecaster - modded with tear/handling mods for Stormbirds etc
    Shadow Tripcaster - modded with damage mods (for the blast tripwire. "Hey! Listen!" *Boooom*)

When I first saw the ability to increase your weapon capacity, I thought i'd never really need max. But having weapons of the same damage all modded differently saves time switching them out when needed, so I make sure to have a Shock/Freeze/Fire/Corruption weapon + high damaging bow + really high damaging weapon (tripcaster blastwire or blast sling) so I can switch in a second and don't need to ever remove mods unless i'm improving them.

As for Armor, I use the stealth gear with moar stealth mods, or elemental with melee damage decrease mods, though i'm one cell away from fancy armor.

Yep, all the bows. with mods and 3 knock you can pretty much cause an elemental weakness in any machine that has one.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    EzFlyer likes this.
  6. MardyBum It's Not Easy Being Drunk All The Time.

MardyBum
    Yeah, their base elemental damage is double (50 freeze vs 25 for the bow) so any of the sling elements will apple more (also apply in an AoE as opposed to single target) than a War Bow, add mods and it will always top out higher and can one shot cause a weakness.

EzFlyer likes this.
  7. Queen B Yellow Card

Queen B
    Anybody else find this game to be tremendously easy?

8. RerouteToRemain Red Belt

RerouteToRemain
    I didn't really die unless I made a jumping mistake but I found it to be I guess on the easier side. It's what you make it though. If you play it smart with stealth and the right weapons it's pretty easy. I also only played on normal, had some occasion tough battles.

Increase the difficulty.

9. RerouteToRemain Red Belt

RerouteToRemain
    Time to collect stuff for the plat.

10. RerouteToRemain Red Belt

RerouteToRemain
    Got the Plat

Only took about 2 hours to collect most of the items.

EzFlyer likes this.
  11. erhnamdjinn Green Belt

erhnamdjinn
    I was Round level 15 or 16 when i took down my first thundermaw, it was on its last hit then some random npc kills it and i dont get any xp wtf

12. EzFlyer Senior Moderator

EzFlyer
    yep, same general preferences

13. EzFlyer Senior Moderator

EzFlyer
    what difficulty are you on? i'm on hard, i've died twice so far in maybe.. 25 hours. but it feels right. if i screw up, i can die. that's how i like it.

MardyBum likes this.
  14. EzFlyer Senior Moderator

EzFlyer
    LOL! owned

15. kevy2pale size 33 belt

kevy2pale
    Im 16 now and there is one right by where i have to walk by to go kill olin,.. So will either have to sneak by it or fight it.

16. kevy2pale size 33 belt

kevy2pale
    jeez you must have been doing everything... level 30 by the time you hit meridian... I think most hit it around 15. The main story is going to probably be pretty easy for you up until the end since you are on such a high level already.

17. EzFlyer Senior Moderator

EzFlyer
    yea, a problem i often run into in games :/ dynamic scaling always works better for me

18. kevy2pale size 33 belt

kevy2pale
    how many hours in are you? I think im around 12.. says I have only done 20% of the game.

19. EzFlyer Senior Moderator

EzFlyer
    i'm not sure, prolly 25-30? is there a way to check?

my % is in the 30's, i think -- i never rush games i like, i like scraping every corner of everything hehe

20. kevy2pale size 33 belt

kevy2pale
    when you save the game, manual save, it should tell you how many hours in you are.. then in the map menu if you scroll to your notebook it will tell you what percent you are in the game,

I dont want to rush this game either, wish i had more time to play. After i beat the story im going to go around and complete as much as i can... which will be a first for me as i usually just return games after but I ill be keeping this one...
    I guess in the first week or so they already sold 2.6 million copies and are already talking DLC stories or coming out with second game because of its success.

EzFlyer likes this.