Horizon: Zero Dawn (robot dinosaurs)

jeez you must have been doing everything... level 30 by the time you hit meridian... I think most hit it around 15. The main story is going to probably be pretty easy for you up until the end since you are on such a high level already.

I think I was roughly 30-32 before getting there. I was level 50 before doing a main mission in meridian.

I think I was roughly 30-32 before getting there. I was level 50 before doing a main mission in meridian.
really? Doesnt that make the story too easy? A few of my friends and I all reached it between 14 and 16... One at 13. Wow I thought I was doing a lot of side quest, even cleared a cauldron but I guess now... Im there and 16.

really? Doesnt that make the story too easy? A few of my friends and I all reached it between 14 and 16... One at 13. Wow I thought I was doing a lot of side quest, even cleared a cauldron but I guess now... Im there and 16.

Honestly I think you just have more health and larger medicine pouch or whatever. I didn't find killing anything easier or harder other than getting better bow/mods.

Honestly I think you just have more health and larger medicine pouch or whatever. I didn't find killing anything easier or harder other than getting better bow/mods.

That is one of the things I really enjoyed about H:ZD over other open world games is that leveling up didn't really make you over leveled for the content. The only thing that went up was HP per level, and the extra skills gave you more options during battle but didn't really make me feel over powered. An arrow at to a weak spot at level 15 will do the same damage as an arrow at level 50. Granted at level 50 you'll be able to nock extra arrows, reload faster in between shots, and have longer concentration periods, but your base damage output stays the same so if you try and rush encounters you can get killed at 50 just as easily at level 20.

Weapon/Armor mods really dictated your stats, but still didn't give you a huge advantage in all situations. I only played on normal and didn't die a ton, but I always had to be thoughtful. There were a few encounters that I had to try a few times to get through.

The Shield Weaver armor absolutely made you OP though and could charge into battle with reckless abandon using just the staff.

Another thing I really appreciated about H:ZD was the lack of a stamina gage. In other open world games it's such a pain to deal with. I've almost never died from stamina management and it's almost always just a nuisance when I'm running from one place to another. Run 100 feet, walk 20 feet, run 100 feet, walk 20 feet. Games like Dark Souls stamina management is absolutely needed, but in open world games like this, just get rid of it.

what difficulty are you on? i'm on hard, i've died twice so far in maybe.. 25 hours. but it feels right. if i screw up, i can die. that's how i like it.

Same, hard difficulty gives it just the right amount of challenge and fun.

Though i've probably died 10+ times to falling damage by now :cool:

Same, hard difficulty gives it just the right amount of challenge and fun.

Though i've probably died 10+ times to falling damage by now :cool:

Haha, I know how that goes.. that's the only way i ever die in souls games

I play it on normal and still find it pretty hard . I don't die a lot but enough to make me not want to go to hard . I think normal is a pretty good challenge . I can't wait to get an hour or two in tonight and a few tomorrow

So just checked my game hours for the first time. I did plat in 55h 10m.

Is plat 100% complete? That's pretty good if so . Fast . I think I'm going to try to plat this game also

Not sure, I know I'm missing some data points. But all collectables, view points, quests, cauldrons, bandit camps, corruption zones, etc.

Did you guys bother buying or switching armor (besides the Super armor you have to find)? I'm still using the one dude stiched for me before the proven

Did you guys bother buying or switching armor (besides the Super armor you have to find)? I'm still using the one dude stiched for me before the proven

I went from the one the guy gives you to Heavy Nora Protector. Huge quality with 3 mod slots. Then the Shield Weaver once unlocked.

I went from the one the guy gives you to Heavy Nora Protector. Huge quality with 3 mod slots. Then the Shield Weaver once unlocked.
Yeah I bought a banuk ice hunter one awhile ago never had any reason to use it, I will just wait to get the heavy protector maybe . The one I bought was a waiste of money it seems

Level 12 now. Really loving this game, world opening up with fast travel now I have worked that out.

I play it on normal and still find it pretty hard . I don't die a lot but enough to make me not want to go to hard . I think normal is a pretty good challenge . I can't wait to get an hour or two in tonight and a few tomorrow

that's the perfect spot then

that's what i want games to be: challenging, but not frustratingly difficult. i want to feel the stakes if i'm not trying hard enough, etc. i never die in souls games, but i know i would if i rush things, same deal.

i have the collector's edition which came w/a bunch of armors, there's a kinda neat stealth set from that which is still my stealth outfit (i don't have the purple ones yet), but i like the blazon ones for appearance otherwise. flat tummy Aloy, yes, plz!

Level 12 now. Really loving this game, world opening up with fast travel now I have worked that out.

not too far into the game you'll get a purple fast travel pack, check vendors for it (it isn't in the starting area, it's a little after) -- it lets you fast travel for free infinitely.

not too far into the game you'll get a purple fast travel pack, check vendors for it (it isn't in the starting area, it's a little after) -- it lets you fast travel for free infinitely.

For real, that's a game changer when you get it. The normal fast travel packs are pretty cheap, but I would always second guess myself "do I really need to fast travel?". Once I got the purple fast travel pack I was farming resources all over depending on what I was after.

Cheers will check for it. I have 13 single use travels in inventory

Back