Horizon: Zero Dawn (robot dinosaurs)

Man i'm like an hour in and this is one of those games where there is soo much going on as far as gameplay mechanics and they hit you with it all so fast. I get turned off by games like this. I played on Tuesday and by the time I get to play again on Saturday I know i'm gonna be lost at first lol

Man i'm like an hour in and this is one of those games where there is soo much going on as far as gameplay mechanics and they hit you with it all so fast. I get turned off by games like this. I played on Tuesday and by the time I get to play again on Saturday I know i'm gonna be lost at first lol

I may be with you on this. I'm absolutely entranced by the game but the dodge and target combat is killing me right now and I may have to knock it down to easy level. Beautiful game with what looks to be a rich story.

The last 3 Power Cells are locked in story missions. If you miss them during the mission you can go back, but you won't be able to access the area until you reach that point in the story. The last one isn't available until one of the last missions so I was already around 30+ when I got it, but I hadn't done much side content leading up to that so I'm sure that number would be higher. I finished the game at 37, and got 3 levels after the point of no return.

When I pick it back up to hit up some of the side quests and future DLC it will be nice to have the armor in hand. The last few boss battles drained my armor a ton, so I imagine without the armor I would have had to play a lot more cautiously.
Nice thanks . What level do you play on? Hard? Easy?

I suggest just doing the story all the way through. Dont really wander around. Get the good armor then do everything else.

I may be with you on this. I'm absolutely entranced by the game but the dodge and target combat is killing me right now and I may have to knock it down to easy level. Beautiful game with what looks to be a rich story.

Dodging gets a lot easier once you get the Long Dodge ability. I had a hard time with aiming at first as well. I'm not huge into FPS games, and when I do play my aim isn't the best so I lean towards assault rifles I go for quantity over with my shots. Being the main weapon in this game is a bow, I couldn't exactly put it on full auto, so it took me a bit to adjust my play style and pick my shots.

Also, Lure call and Silent Strike combined are crazy OP in this game. Just hide in the grass and use lure call to call over single enemies out of a herd or group of humans and use silent strike to one shot them. Call the next, rinse and repeat. I've cleared whole bandit camps without being seen using silent strike one at a time.

Nice thanks . What level do you play on? Hard? Easy?

Regular old normal. Some fights felt easy, some about right, some took me a few tries. Overall on norma I was pretty pleased with the pacing, I never saw any huge spikes in difficulty, they ramped up pretty well.

I dont find the aiming all that bad. I generally suck at FPS but dont find this as bad as some of those. I like how your scan tells you where on the body to hit... Also you can zoom in with the R3 button while shooting. Alot of time before I attack I lay down explosive wire, do the call to get a robot to come, pick it off, or get it to charge me if its powerful so the wire takes them out... or hurts them badly. Using the shcok wire helps a lot also. This makes getting kills easier...

Picked this up and sunk a couple hours into it.

Apart from all the matriarch and 'diversity' bs that reviewers praise, I am liking this a lot.

Graphics are great but I always seem to find xbox 1 games smoother to my eye.

Maybe because they run at 900p, but halo and for a are 2080p I'm not sure why but I find ps4 games more judder.

Just glad I own both.

Games sold 2.6 million copies in 2 weeks, a story expansion is on its way and a sequel is pretty much a lock at this point.

I didnt really like it at all. 6/10 because it has good mechanics/feel

I didnt really like it at all. 6/10 because it has good mechanics/feel

{<doc}

giphy.gif

You really think there's that much?

Seemed like a good layout that's not all that complicated imo.

has anyone got the secret armor? the one where you have to collect 5 power cells

What level were you when you got it ? Seems like it takes forever to find the power cells

It's pretty awesome. Takes a lot of damage.

Lvl 50. I did every bandit, cauldron, corruption zone, tallneck, etc before getting far into the story. I will actually be playing this again and will do the reverse. Go through the story then do everything else.

Lvl 50. I did every bandit, cauldron, corruption zone, tallneck, etc before getting far into the story. I will actually be playing this again and will do the reverse. Go through the story then do everything else.
Im about ten hours in. I do a few side missions but mainly stick to the story. have only cleared one cauldren..... I wish I had more time to play, gonna get a few hours in tomorrow I hope ...The games great IMO

Goddamn, everybody is raving about this game.

It's one of the first games in a long time I really looked forward to picking the controller back up. I would randomly be thinking about it through the day and at night trying to sleep.

My favorite game since tlou. Plus graphically it's beautiful.

Im about ten hours in. I do a few side missions but mainly stick to the story. have only cleared one cauldren..... I wish I had more time to play, gonna get a few hours in tomorrow I hope ...The games great IMO

Man that's gotta be tough to sparsely play this game. It imo draws you in so much, I couldn't believe how much time would fly by.

Don't you have to do the corrupt zones and cauldrons to advance in the story?

Man that's gotta be tough to sparsely play this game. It imo draws you in so much, I couldn't believe how much time would fly by.
It's is ... I get on it when I can . Haven't played any other games since getting it .. it's this or nothing until I beat it

If anyone wanted to spam the very rare purple mods the storm bird is a can imo.

Fast travel to them. Run under them hide in the grass stuff. Shoot it with a bow and get it to come down close. Shoot it with the rope caster till tied down then shoot a highlighted area a couple/few times and tie it down again. Rinse and repeat. I easily take them out with zero damage done my way.

I played on normal and have the lodge rope caster with 3 purple tear mods

Back