High chances Khabib is going to get cut from the UFC! Taking a very dangerous path.

Cutting him is not a real punishment. His value is higher than ever, and he gets to be a free agent.

Making him sit in his prime while his contract runs out would be the real punishment.
He'll just fight in Russia if they do that.

giving any fighter a paper belt is meaningless.

oh and the length(date-date) of the contract is automatically extended even if they dont fight. Sorry if you thought I meant extra fights are added to it, thats not what I meant.

Do you have any sources to support this?

Now, let's say that even if this were true, what Khabib can do is fight in Europe with a "puppet" promotion which will "co-promote" with Bellator. The UFC will have no power in Europe, and they cannot stop Khabib by suing Bellator as a "co-promoter".

LOL like half the roster shit talks Dana and threatens to leave. Dana is a shit talker, so it's natural for guys to shit talk back.

It means nothing

Do you have any sources to support this?

Now, let's say that even if this were true, what Khabib can do is fight in Europe with a "puppet" promotion which will "co-promote" with Bellator. The UFC will have no power in Europe, and they cannot stop Khabib by suing Bellator as a "co-promoter".
Bellator would never do that. They are not going to risk a lawsuit just so they can have Khabib fight once or twice for them.

Khabib can definitely fight in Russia, but everyone would lose interest soon if he went back to fighting Russian bums.

they wont man, because one is a criminal process and the other is a sanctioning body of an entire sport. They have to withhold the integrity. why is this so hard for you guys to fucking understand.

let me explain thios to you as simple as i can. Do you know the difference in what happens to you if you fight after school or if you throw down in your classroom? One you might not even get in shit, the other you get expelled.

Do you fucking get it yet?

If you want to use fighting in school as an analogy, then what Conor did was more like a kid and his friends went to school when they were NOT supposed to be there, threw a chair at the school bus, smashed the bus window, and injured students on that bus.

In real life, that kid and his friends would:

1. Get arrested by police (which Conor did).
2. Get suspended and expelled by the school (which the UFC did not).
3. Get sent to juvenile hall (prison for kids).

khabeeb premeditated attacked danis, who had fuck all to do with the bus incident. He was a fucking fan in the stands. youre not even arguing khabeeb losing his shit on conor. why are you guys so fucking stupid. its crazy, its like you refuse to process logic.

You had it backward. Calm down.

1. Conor and his friends traveled from Ireland to that UFC event, bypassed UFC security, tracked down that bus, and carried out their attack. This was organized - the textbook definition of a premeditated attack.

2. Khabib jumping out of the cage was a reaction to the taunting by Danis during the fight. This is NOT premeditated (not planned) attack. If there is any charges filed by Danis against Khabib and he is found guilty, this will be categorized as assault due to provocation:

Provocation - People often claim self-defense when they are actually just provoked. In general, provocation is not a defense for an assault and battery. Provocation can lessen your sentence, but it will almost never dismiss the charges. For example, an aggravated assault can be lowered to a normal assault if heavy provocation of the accused is shown.

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/assault-and-battery-defenses.html

3. Danis was not a fan. He was one of Conor's cornermen. You made it sound like he was an innocent fan in the crowd who was attacked and injured by Khabib. (a major difference compared to how Michael Chiesa and another UFC fighter was actually physically injured by the bus attack).

4. I'm not saying what Khabib did was right by jumping out of the cage and went after Danis. What I'm saying is that if the UFC did NOTHING to Conor and his boys after they destroyed the UFC bus and injured 2 bystanders, then they are corrupted and the biggest hypocrite if they ban Khabib's brother(s) for doing much less, in defense to boot. Conor threw the first punch; the other guy fought back.

If you refuse to acknowledge that this is a clear double-standard and hypocrisy by the UFC, then there is no reason to discuss this.

Last edited:
Ruining a storyline?

Are you insane?

This is the best storyline the UFC has been in in a really long time. It's by far the most exciting thing that has happened in the UFC since 2016 and it's probably bigger worldwide.

The UFC will not cut him. No chance. They will probably end up rewarding him. He is a star right now. They need to strike while the iron is still hot.

Khabib needs the $, Dana White doesn’t. Khabib runs nothing but his mouth. If the powers at be decide he isn’t worth it, he will be placed on a shelf. He isn’t big enough to call much of anything. UFC will get what they want, not Khabib!

Khabib does not need the UFC to survive. He is already being taken cared of by Kadyrov and Putin. He might not make millions of dollars, but he will be well taken cared of, financially, to simply be a mascot for Russian MMA.

On the other hand, even though Dana does not need the $ from the rematch to survive, he is under pressure to restore the image and value of the UFC's golden boy, Conor. If the UFC put Khabib on the shelf, this would happen:

1. Hundreds of millions of dollars will be lost as the result of having no rematch

2. The damage to Conor's image cannot be regained, which would result in the loss of millions of dollars in advertisement and sponsorship.

You don't cut Khabib. Khabib cuts you.

Dangerous Khabib is good. I liked his Zinedine Zidane moment.

Khabib is the anti-Conor. Conor is in love with money, has no character. Khabib cares little about money. He has character and fights for honor.

He has a rough edge. I like fighters with an edge. GSP had no edge. Khabib is GSP with an edge.

Khabib was already planning to retire so why anyone is worried he is taking a dangerous path is beyond me.

He made a name off Conor. Plundered his reputation and stole his fans.

Not the worst way to end your career, is it?

It would be the best way, actually.

He can break contract and fight in any Mickey mouse org he likes, but he would never set foot in the US again

Jumping a cage is not a criminal offense that warrants the revoking of a work visa / green card.

If Conor got away with physically injuring people on the bus, no court will do anything to Khabib.

If you think Khabib cannot get sanctioned to fight in the US because of contract dispute, he can always fight in Europe through "co-promotion" with Bellator. The UFC can't do anything to him.

I am huge Khabib fan but hes going down a very dangerous path! He is giving the UFC a really bad name. Not sure if Dana will look at him like the next Tito or Frank Shamrock.

1. Bad mouthing your employer, saying they are behind attacks on the bus

2. Threatening to leave the UFC

3. Fighting outside of the octagon

Hes ruining a great story line!!
Khabib doesn't care, he has enough money to live like King in Dagestan for the rest of his life

Bellator would never do that. They are not going to risk a lawsuit just so they can have Khabib fight once or twice for them.

Khabib can definitely fight in Russia, but everyone would lose interest soon if he went back to fighting Russian bums.

Bellator cannot get sued by the UFC for "co-promoting" with a "promoter" that happens to have Khabib on their roster.

The best that the UFC can do is sue the "promoter" that has Khabib under their contract. But suing this promotion is useless if the event is held in Europe where the UFC cannot pull strings.

they wont cut him, that would not be in their interests to hand him to a competitor like that. they can just strip him of his belt and not book him in any fights. basically burying his career.

I doubt they will though, but they could
Can they though. If he is healthy and able to perform and they just refuse to give him a fight I'm pretty sure he could sue them. I don't think you're allowed to hold someone hostage with a contract if you are hindering there ability to work and earn a living. (I can't think of the exact wording but it's something similar to that)

Ruining a storyline?

Are you insane?

This is the best storyline the UFC has been in in a really long time. It's by far the most exciting thing that has happened in the UFC since 2016 and it's probably bigger worldwide.

The UFC will not cut him. No chance. They will probably end up rewarding him. He is a star right now. They need to strike while the iron is still hot.

I think so, too. There is too much money to be made. I will not be surprised in the least if the UFC come out and give Khabib's brother(s) something like a 6 months suspensions, some fines, and they will be back.

Bellator cannot get sued by the UFC for "co-promoting" with a "promoter" that happens to have Khabib on their roster.

The best that the UFC can do is sue the "promoter" that has Khabib under their contract. But suing this promotion is useless if the event is held in Europe where the UFC cannot pull strings.
Even if you are right and the ufc can't win a lawsuit against them, which sounds absurd to me, but even if you're right, do you honestly expect Bellator to take that chance just to co-promote a Khabib fight?

Khabib can probably fight in Russia, because Russia won't care to uphold an American contract against one of their own, but the contract would probably be upheld in most other European countries.

If Khabib is serious about this, and the ufc doesn't bend to his will, then as far as I see it he only has two choices. Fight in Russia against bums, or retire. Either of those choices would suck.

If I could get in Dana's mind the case would be like this

Khabib demands a favor by not getting Zubaira cut. Fine
Do as a favor in return giving an immediate rematch to Conor.

And this is the way I think the things will be settled

Jumping a cage is not a criminal offense that warrants the revoking of a work visa / green card.

If Conor got away with physically injuring people on the bus, no court will do anything to Khabib.

If you think Khabib cannot get sanctioned to fight in the US because of contract dispute, he can always fight in Europe through "co-promotion" with Bellator. The UFC can't do anything to him.
he's under contract. He could fight in Russia for a Russian organization because they don't care; but he definitely couldn't fight in Bellator because they would be sued no matter where the fight was.

I think we will find, that more UFC fighters threaten to move to Bellator.

This is not great news for MMA. The reason MMA has overtaken boxing in many parts of the world, is because boxing has some many different champions and promoters, while UFC have the majority of top fighters in house. If prime stars start to jump ship, then the fans will be robbed of superfights.

This is true, but UFC would also be punishing themselves by making him sit when he is in his prime as a PPV draw. UFC is bout that $$$ first and foremost, so doubt they sit him if he is eligible to fight.
What evidence is there that he is a PPV draw? Maybe he doesn’t draw anything when matched up against someone who’s not the real draw.

Cutting him before he loses would be an awful, awful mistake.
They don’t have to cut him, just not book fights for him and keep him from finishing his contract to prevent him from fighting somewhere else

Back