High chances Khabib is going to get cut from the UFC! Taking a very dangerous path.

For a 2009 account that is a very naïve thread to create there TS.

UFC would be idiotic to cut their champion.

I lost a public self-bet where I said that if Conor ever comes back to MMA I'll make my avatar a plastic ballbag. I'd forgotten about it, honestly.

The night of Khabib vs Conor, someone reminded me. And the rest is history.
Hespetch.

Khabib doesn't seem to have a high understanding of the business side of prize fighting at all

Khabib doesn't seem to have a high understanding of a lot of things. Except fighting.

Your argument holds no water im afraid, I can see you're beyond reason so I'll cut it here. the warning was in your other post where you said, khabib is huge now, his next ppv without conor will do 350k buys.

It takes two to Tango. The numbers speak for themselves.

Conor cannot sell 2.4 millions in MMA without Khabib.

Conor vs. Nate Diaz 1 = 1.3 million PPV buys.
Conor vs. Nate Diaz 2 = 1.6 million PPV buys.

Conor vs. Khabib = 2.4 million PPV buys.
This is 1.1 millions more than the first fight against Diaz.

The rematch would be even bigger.

Doesn't Mayweather know that Khabib wants to fly airplanes into his fucking house?

Talk about excessive hate for Conor

1 They can't cut him because someone else will sign him
2 Worst they can do is suspend him
3 Dummy
honestly if he left to bellator i'd prob watch him there but if any other fight promo i prob wouldnt watch. bellator i honestly didnt even know they had fights last weekend tho

If by by "high" you mean "none", then, yes, I agree with you.
Imagine u r the CEO of apple, a new phone was created in ur labs that destroys ur iPhone X, would u ban it? Or would u sell the hell out of it?

I am huge Khabib fan but hes going down a very dangerous path! He is giving the UFC a really bad name. Not sure if Dana will look at him like the next Tito or Frank Shamrock.

1. Bad mouthing your employer, saying they are behind attacks on the bus

2. Threatening to leave the UFC

3. Fighting outside of the octagon

Hes ruining a great story line!!
You guys really think Khabib cares about money and fame ...you believe this because you have been conditioned to believe that all people have this motivation... So when you actually see a person doing this you can't accept it because you don't understand.....you know why you don't understand? ...is because YOU would have chose the McGregor path...Khabib will fight in the UFC again...they will work it out because the UFC NEEDS Khabib more than Khabib BELIEVES he needs the UFC...one thing I can respect about Khabib is his FAITH ( though I disagree with what he believes in) is real to him and a powerful motivating factor in his life...I wouldn't expect 90% on the people on this forum to understand this.

I am huge Khabib fan but hes going down a very dangerous path! He is giving the UFC a really bad name. Not sure if Dana will look at him like the next Tito or Frank Shamrock.

1. Bad mouthing your employer, saying they are behind attacks on the bus

2. Threatening to leave the UFC

3. Fighting outside of the octagon

Hes ruining a great story line!!

He doesn't care.

Your Avatar sickens me. No, it's not a prejudice against Rangers, but the scumbag standing with the scarf lol

Not another one, I already had a full blown sherdog barny with someone about this yesterday mate hahaha. I will not be lured into this again, at least you don’t mind the mighty Gers eh.

boring fighter..."from a dumb culture/theology"

<YayKpop><{1-16}><Wink><{1-9}>

I think we both know what this is really about

I know this is a heavy thread with important shit, but I'm just totally stuck on this picture.

Why is AOA Hyejeong in this thread?! is UFC going to go all I'm Jelly Baby on the Russians?

If they did a show in Korea with AoA as ring girls, I don't think anybody would even remember Doggistan existed. Nermal who? What? They replaced the hot dogs with kebab? What?

If they served Hyejeong's kimchee, PPV would dry up and the line outside the stadium would be three states long.

Jimin is the WMMA goat. She's gonna do 10m PPV.

No one is denying Conor's drawing power. The first fight against Nate pulled in 1.3 million buys.

The question is, what is Khabib's drawing power?

Khabib vs Conor did around 2.4 million buys

This is +1.1 million ppvs more than Nate.

Therefore, Khabib's drawing power is equal to Nate + 1.1 millions.
Conor became way more popular after facing Mayweather.

Not another one, I already had a full blown sherdog barny with someone about this yesterday mate hahaha. I will not be lured into this again, at least you don’t mind the mighty Gers eh.

Lol he was a great player, but Im Utd through and through for my sins haha

I know this is a heavy thread with important shit, but I'm just totally stuck on this picture.

Why is AOA Hyejeong in this thread?! is UFC going to go all I'm Jelly Baby on the Russians?

If they did a show in Korea with AoA as ring girls, I don't think anybody would even remember Doggistan existed. Nermal who? What? They replaced the hot dogs with kebab? What?

If they served Hyejeong's kimchee, PPV would dry up and the line outside the stadium would be three states long.

Jimin is the WMMA goat. She's gonna do 10m PPV.

it's just the Kpop section in sherdog emojis you weeb

They can't put him on the shelf eternally though. Pretty sure the contracts stipulate that if you're healthy they have to give you fights.

No one is denying Conor's drawing power. The first fight against Nate pulled in 1.3 million buys.

The question is, what is Khabib's drawing power?

Khabib vs Conor did around 2.4 million buys

This is +1.1 million ppvs more than Nate.

Therefore, Khabib's drawing power is equal to Nate + 1.1 millions.
You are ignoring the mayweather fight in between, and that’s the one that McGregor is making all his money off of now. Look at all the free press and mainstream media coverage he received from that fight alone. I guarantee if you plot his twitter and other social media followers against the PPV buys you would see a nice correlation. Don’t ignore the power of media exposure, both positive and negative, just look at Trump for another example. Loudmouths who get press coverage become popular from both the people that like them and hate them. Howard Stern is another great example of someone who used that to their advantage.

Khabib has a chance to become popular as well if he plays his cards well. His manager just needs to tame his emotional outbursts to ensure he doesn’t F it up. A nice bloody fight against Tony where they never dry hump each other would help out. Or a rematch against Conor that stays standing. Then he can claim he’s the best eva and create his own mojo.

fair point about conor breaking 2 mil but some posters seem to forget without conor khabib draws worse than conor-diaz.
the week leading up to khabib-ferguson dana wasn't talking about what #'s they were trending towards or records.

Dude Khabib Ferg would do like 500k maybe now before the Conor Beeb fight that does maybe tree fiddy.

Fact is the fight did so well due to the build up by Conor via the bus attack and the verbal assaults ....... also Conor hadn't fought in 2 years in ufc..

Beeb sold because of the situation not a fan base with casuals ....... casuals before this had no clue who he was.

An rematch would not do better.

A. I would expect Conor to not do much media or talk nearly as much an take a more business approach rather than showman.
B. People saw the man get dominated making it not nearly as appealing.

It still sells great maybe 1.5 to 1.7 but no near 229

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back