Winner?

• Total voters

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
upload_2023-11-10_17-37-9.png

Henry Cejudo sees Sean O'Malley coming up short against Marlon “Chito” Vera once again in their title fight at UFC 299.

O'Malley (17-1) recently secured the bantamweight title at UFC 292 with an impressive Round 2 technical knockout against Aljamain Sterling. Soon after becoming champion, “Sugar” declared that he intended to face Vera (23-8) in his first title defense and avenge his only professional mixed martial arts loss.

Back in 2020, Vera defeated a surging O'Malley via Round 1 TKO. The Ecuador native came out with a leg-kick-heavy game plan, eventually dinging O'Malley's peroneal nerve and finishing him by ground-and-pound.

According to Cejudo, their second meeting won’t turn out to be any different.

“Chito Vera beats him just based on endurance,” Cejudo said on his YouTube channel. “There’s another problematic thing that Sean is not accustomed to, is taller guys. It’s not like Chito’s a giant either, but he’s about (5-foot-8), 5-foot-9, while Sean O’Malley is 5-foot-11.

“When you start getting people at the same height and they've fought before, one of them already has seen him literally break. You can take him there again. If Chito Vera can really up his defense and be able to just keep your hands up, there’s nothing that he can do to your legs. The only thing that he can really do, Chito, is right here -- your face or your body.”

Continue Reading

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/H...Vera-to-Defeat-Sean-OMalley-at-UFC-299-191674

Is Cejudo right?

ECWeQKFXUAA3HYx

Imma say chito. O'Malley definitely has gotten better, but I think chito is just a bad match up for him. O'Malley seems to need you to rush in to land the counter, and he relies heavily on his reach. Chito has better defense, his reach is similar, and he never rushed, just kinda stalks and fires.

Henry Cejudo sees Sean O'Malley coming up short. Pun intended.

I agree, and CCC has been familiar with short since well before puberty.

Chito beat Sean - Sean's delusion of never losing was his weak job to a Chael copycat.

I'm not quite sold on O'Malley yet - I think Aljo was on his way to coasting to an easy(ish) win before he let his guard down and got tagged. That said, if Suga can get past Chito, I'll be a believer

I could see the Ecuadorian Architect taking this one
But Suga has seemed to improve a lot while Chitos has not
Chitos fight to lose depending how he fights
These guys will probably fight again #trilogy

Henry is very smart when it comes to fight analysis so I can agree with his take. Sean is overrated btw, the ufc darling has gotten that Dana white priveledge

Vera 100% <mma4>

Imma say chito. O'Malley definitely has gotten better, but I think chito is just a bad match up for him. O'Malley seems to need you to rush in to land the counter, and he relies heavily on his reach. Chito has better defense, his reach is similar, and he never rushed, just kinda stalks and fires.

I'm rooting for Vera but I'm not sure about his chances, I think O'malley beats him in a hard fought decision.

Cejudo is now a part-time fighter and a full-time troll. O'Malley smokes Vera in the rematch.

I sure hope so! Will need to make it a stoppage tho, prolly.

WAR CHITO!!!

Henry Cejudo sees Sean O'Malley coming up short. Pun intended.

I agree, and CCC has been familiar with short since well before puberty.

Chito beat Sean - Sean's delusion of never losing was his weak job to a Chael copycat.

I'm not quite sold on O'Malley yet - I think Aljo was on his way to coasting to an easy(ish) win before he let his guard down and got tagged. That said, if Suga can get past Chito, I'll be a believer

Omali picks him apart IMO

Can Chito take that right though ;)

sean-o-malley-o-malley.gif

View attachment 1010971

Henry Cejudo sees Sean O'Malley coming up short against Marlon “Chito” Vera once again in their title fight at UFC 299.

O'Malley (17-1) recently secured the bantamweight title at UFC 292 with an impressive Round 2 technical knockout against Aljamain Sterling. Soon after becoming champion, “Sugar” declared that he intended to face Vera (23-8) in his first title defense and avenge his only professional mixed martial arts loss.

Back in 2020, Vera defeated a surging O'Malley via Round 1 TKO. The Ecuador native came out with a leg-kick-heavy game plan, eventually dinging O'Malley's peroneal nerve and finishing him by ground-and-pound.

According to Cejudo, their second meeting won’t turn out to be any different.

“Chito Vera beats him just based on endurance,” Cejudo said on his YouTube channel. “There’s another problematic thing that Sean is not accustomed to, is taller guys. It’s not like Chito’s a giant either, but he’s about (5-foot-8), 5-foot-9, while Sean O’Malley is 5-foot-11.

“When you start getting people at the same height and they've fought before, one of them already has seen him literally break. You can take him there again. If Chito Vera can really up his defense and be able to just keep your hands up, there’s nothing that he can do to your legs. The only thing that he can really do, Chito, is right here -- your face or your body.”

Continue Reading

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/H...Vera-to-Defeat-Sean-OMalley-at-UFC-299-191674

Endurance?

I'm assuming he means durability and toughness rather than cardio, because cardio doesn't seem to be any sort of concern to me?

I'm not sure I agree with this take at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back