Sean O'Malley Believes He’ll Get to a Point Where He’s 'Bigger Than the Belt'

I mean I'd puff with dude. I'm easy going and don't really care much bout folks fashion or personal choices.

<Fedor23>
e4183bcddeb509f78f93cc7d690ec62d.gif

People don't buy PPV's for people they hate...Being a heel gets you a negative pop in the arena only.

As I and many have pointed out..He has no charisma or mic skills to get over.

People absolutely buy PPVs because they hate one of the fighters.

People have been paying to see the person they hate get hurt since the dawn of fighting.

Men below 6ft tend to compensate their being a manlet by making bat-shit-crazy claims…

He beats Merb he won't be that far off. Few more solid wins and a big win out of the division and he'll be there.

I like watching O'Malley, but the more he talks, the more it sounds like he doesn't want to fight Merab.

traitor Trump would support El Chapo if he was on a winning streak.
The stupidity is strong in you. Go ahead and tell us why you think Trump is a traitor to this country and not biden. Cant even make a read in the heavies without some idiot coming in here and putting down trump.

The stupidity is strong in you. Go ahead and tell us why you think Trump is a traitor to this country and not biden. Cant even make a read in the heavies without some idiot coming in here and putting down trump.
Quite simply: The guy on TV said orange man bad and that's all he needs to hear.

attachment-031024-Suga-Sean-UFC-299-Trump-.jpg

There was one thing missing from Sean O'Malley’s lopsided victory over Marlon Vera in the UFC 299 main event.

“Something about not getting the finish doesn’t sit right with me,” O’Malley said at Saturday’s post-fight press conference. “It was just like, ‘f—k.’ But I also haven’t watched it. Once I watch it back, I think I’ll get a little bit more excited. I aways want to get that finish.”

To be fair, nobody has finished Vera in 33 professional fights. Still, there was plenty to like about O’Malley’s performance outside of that, as he avenged a previous loss to “Chito” with a striking masterclass over 25 dominant minutes.

“I knew I was better than this guy for three and a half years,” O’Malley said. “I knew the first fight was a fluke. I proved that, and it felt good.”

At the conclusion of the event, UFC CEO Dana White praised O’Malley, calling the Arizona native the biggest star in bantamweight history. Meanwhile, O’Malley himself was impressed with the energy inside the Kaseya Center in Miami on Saturday night, with dueling fan bases going head-to-head during the main event — and even during the pre-fight press conference.

“It’s incredible. So weird to be me right now,” he said. “Being able to stand there and listen to that and perform for the people. If it wasn’t for the fans, if it wasn’t for the media to cover this sport, I wouldn’t be in this position. It’s really, really cool.”

As for his own star power, O’Malley is confident he’s on the right track.

“I think I’m creeping up there. I’m getting up there,” he said. “At the end of the day, the UFC doesn’t need anyone. They’re gonna find stars, they’re gonna put on crazy fights regardless. But I think I’m working my way up to one of the biggest names in the sport.”

O’Malley hasn’t been shy about his desire to face recently-crowned featherweight champion Ilia Topuria. That doesn’t mean he’ll reject a title defense at 135 pounds against top contender Merab Dvalishvili, however. It just means he’s on the hunt for the biggest fight possible.

“Moving up to [featherweight], that’s champ vs. champ automatically is huge,” he said. “He [Topuria] just knocked out Alexander Volkanovski, that’s massive. It’s just an exciting fight. I’m here for massive fights. That’s what I want to be a part of. If that’s it, sweet. If Merab’s it, sweet. I like having options.”

O’Malley can already see a day when fighting for a belt is secondary. That’s what true stardom can do in this sport.

“We’ll go with the flow. If it happens, I feel like I could move up to [145],” he said. “I’m gonna get to a point to where I don’t even need the belt, I’m bigger than the belt. I’m the main event at 140, 142.5 just for f—ing fun. I’m getting to that point.

Sean is not Conor McGregor. Smoking weed does not make you a better fighter.

Real athletes stay away from drugs.

Sean is not Conor McGregor. Smoking weed does not make you a better fighter.

Real athletes stay away from drugs.
Weed is less detrimental than coke and seems Jones and presumably McGregor partook/take. Hell Lawrence Taylor did crack. Not to mention Maranovich did lsd playing quarterback in the NFL during games.

PED's are drugs and plenty of "athletes" took them

Weed is less detrimental than coke and seems Jones and presumably McGregor partook/take. Hell Lawrence Taylor did crack. Not to mention Maranovich did lsd playing quarterback in the NFL during games.

PED's are drugs and plenty of "athletes" took them
So if Biden were smoking weed he would make better decisions?

So if Biden were smoking weed he would make better decisions?
Key word in opening sentence was less. Who knows maybe he does already. They found the other substance I mentioned a sentence later in the white house under his administration.

He is already bigger than the belt because the belt is meaningless as long as its on him. He defended it against a scrub when there are a handful of legit contenders. I can't really call him a champion after making that decision.

Back