Media Sean O'Malley on Chito Vera Rematch: "I'm Going to Smoke this Dude."

I would agree, except Sean has risen to become a Champion since that fight. So however he dealt with that loss seems to have worked for him.

Durability as a primary attribute lends itself to entertaining fights more so than Championships imo.

'Risen to be a champion' more like the cuck weirdo was gifted a decision against Petr Yan, who clearly won that fight. Lest we forget.

This is patently stupid.

Not really, you just have low standards.

How is it "stupid" to call a guy who, literally, excels at nothing, "not really talented"?

Perhaps you can go into where Chito Vera is truly elite, Mr. Smart Guy.

Elite grappling?
Elite wrestling?
Elite striking?

Go on, genius, explain where Chito is elite.

See, I can point out to where Alex Pereira is truly elite striking. There is hard evidence (you know, winning titles, beating Champions, things like this).

Chito Vera has done none of these things, in any capacity, ever, in his entire life.

I expect to seem some really dumb hot takes around here, but this is particularly hilarious.

Yeah, but here's what you didn't expect: to get a factual boot in your dumb ass.

Yours is actually the stupid take here. Mine is merely factual.

Show me any actual evidence that Chito Vera is elite at anything.
You know, where he's actually excelled his peers, really stood out.

After searching in vain, you will have to agree with me that Chito is just a tough, but ultimately mediocre professional MMA fighter.

Vera may have his number

It'll be hard highlighting the rematch with how first played out

With that sad O'Malley had come a long way and is the rightful champ

Yep....

I also like the Champ's effort to avenge a loss. To me this is a big deal with elite fighters.... No I do not like instant rematches... I think this is more organic and I hate to say it about O'Malley but it's classy.

He has considered himself to be the champion since the moment he KOed Wineland because “the champion is the most popular fighter”.

Gloats about beating Yan in a controversial split decision. Why not I guess, since he is the most popular.

Hoping to consolidate his reign with a win over Chito (while hoping that Merab and Cejudo fight, so he can see one of them eliminated from contention)

At FW, we have Volk, who just rematched Islam and is about to fight Topuria. Meanwhile at BW, we swapped out Aljo for Prince Popular. Why are the mma gods pooping so hard on this sad division?

Not really, you just have low standards.

How is it "stupid" to call a guy who, literally, excels at nothing, "not really talented"?

Perhaps you can go into where Chito Vera is truly elite, Mr. Smart Guy.

Elite grappling?
Elite wrestling?
Elite striking?

Go on, genius, explain where Chito is elite.

See, I can point out to where Alex Pereira is truly elite striking. There is hard evidence (you know, winning titles, beating Champions, things like this).

Chito Vera has done none of these things, in any capacity, ever, in his entire life.

Yeah, but here's what you didn't expect: to get a factual boot in your dumb ass.

Yours is actually the stupid take here. Mine is merely factual.

Show me any actual evidence that Chito Vera is elite at anything.
You know, where he's actually excelled his peers, really stood out.

After searching in vain, you will have to agree with me that Chito is just a tough, but ultimately mediocre professional MMA fighter.

We make jokes about people being neck beards but this is the most tip my fedora thing I've read on the internet in a while

It's delusional how he thinks that wasn't a loss, that's the shit that prevents you from growing.

Chito will win by having cardio and durability
Him being delusional makes you delusional by thinking Chito's gonna win

Him being delusional makes you delusional by thinking Chito's gonna win

Yes, just like the first time.

O malley has always had issues with leg kicks.

He also couldn't put away Kris Moutinho cleanly.

Vera is durable.

Their next fight will be without USADA, let's hope the new agency treats every fighter the same.

O'Malley should win but Chito hits harder. The thing about Sean is he's much more precise, so his strikes probably do more damage. I don't think Sean will KO him but will start to maul him more and more in the later rounds

That's a hard fight for Sean.
I'm just glad Aljo's not the champ anymore.
There are so many fresh and good matchups now.

Lookin' forward to the rematch. No doubt Sean STILL has something to prove.​

Has Chito ever been knocked out?
He has not, and that's one of the things that has made this rematch so interesting to me. I think the fight will surprise a lot of people. I do think O'Malley will win but I don't think it's going to be the cake walk everyone seems to think it will be

O'Malley should win but Chito hits harder. The thing about Sean is he's much more precise, so his strikes probably do more damage. I don't think Sean will KO him but will start to maul him more and more in the later rounds
It is the type of matchup that makes for fun fights.

You have a sniper vs a guy who if I recall correctly hasn't been koed/tkoed..

So does Vera's chin hold up if Sean can tag him clean a few times?

How does Sean fair if he does hit that clean shot and dude isn't going anywhere? I feel like Sean has DECENT power but it is not like he is a HW, he is a string bean.

How do the leg kicks play out?
People remember Vera hitting that nerve but Sean was tagging Chitos leg in the brief window we saw. I expect both men to target down low. Who breaks first?

Chitos durability is what I think may be the determining factor. And can Chito fight with enough pace to not get behind on the cards as I think he has tended to do?

I want to hear him talk shit about Chito’s daughter to hype the fight up even more

He has not, and that's one of the things that has made this rematch so interesting to me. I think the fight will surprise a lot of people. I do think O'Malley will win but I don't think it's going to be the cake walk everyone seems to think it will be

Chito will definitely not be a cake walk. I don't understand how the guy is so overlooked.

Back