Has Khabib injured himself into Goatness?

His whole reputation is based on beating RDA before he became RDA.

The truth is both Khabib and Conor are overrated. The real deal are the guys who are active fighting not but sharks, doesn't matter if they are losing some or not, they are always there. Conor has 1 LW win and Khabib has more pull outs than wins.

Tony Ferguson and Barboza are the real deal to me. Both would beat Conor AND Khabib.
Khabib has pulled out, what, 3 times in the UFC? It's either 2 or 3 times. But he is still 8-0 in the UFC, 24-0 overall. He looks to be the real deal to me, as nobody other than a "juiced to the gills" Tibau who has an overall TDD of 92% has been able to stop his grappling/wrestling.

IMO, Ferguson is the one who presents the toughest challenge for him, as he may very well be able to hang with him on the ground if Khabib brings him there. Hopefully we will find out some day.

His whole reputation is based on beating RDA before he became RDA.
He beat RDA, and after that loss, RDA went on a killing spree. So to say RDA wasn't good at the time he lost to Khabib is ridiculous. It's not like RDA suddenly got way better 4 years after losing to Khabib. He literally won his next 3 fights in the same year.

He beat RDA, and after that loss, RDA went on a killing spree. So to say RDA wasn't good at the time he lost to Khabib is ridiculous. It's not like RDA suddenly got way better 4 years after losing to Khabib. He literally won his next 3 fights in the same year.
In fact, RDA was on a five fight win streak at the time. After he lost he went on another 5 fight win streak. 4 months (2 fights) after his loss he starched Benson.

I'd say RDA he fought was pretty legit.

1. Khabib vs McGregor: 70% Conor KO/TKO. 20% Khabib UD. 10% Khabib submission
2. Khabib vs Gaethje: 55% Khabib decision 3-2. 45% Gaethje TKO.
3. Khabib vs Ferguson: 60% Khabib decision 3-2. 30% Ferguson submission. 10% Ferguson decision 3-2.

So, for example, 0% for Conor by decision, 0% Khabib finishes Gaethje, 0% Khabib finishes Tony, etc. etc.

People with that low IQ should not try to talk about probabilities.

Sometimes i wonder what would have happened if Tibau had been the winner of that fight with Khabib (like he should have because he clearly won).

This Khabib bum wouldn't be in LW titleshot talks for 4 years, because the only reason to explain that it's his padded undefeated record. One loss and his hype would end.
I just rewatched that fight. Tibau didn't do anything to win that fight

Dude trains out Ronald McDonald House he stays so injured.

Khabib is going to fade into obscurity with his unbeaten record like Rickson Gracie.

Really like Khabib. When he fights...

no....but he beat the everloving crap out of michael johnson

Khabib has pulled out, what, 3 times in the UFC? It's either 2 or 3 times. But he is still 8-0 in the UFC, 24-0 overall. He looks to be the real deal to me, as nobody other than a "juiced to the gills" Tibau who has an overall TDD of 92% has been able to stop his grappling/wrestling.

IMO, Ferguson is the one who presents the toughest challenge for him, as he may very well be able to hang with him on the ground if Khabib brings him there. Hopefully we will find out some day.
Figure of speech, ever heard of? And Khabib pulled out 4 times.

Barboza would beat him, anyone with legit TDD would, his striking is amateurish

I just rewatched that fight. Tibau didn't do anything to win that fight
Neither did Khabib, other than 14 failed takedowns. Tibau had the best strikes and his grappling was more effective.

Figure of speech, ever heard of? And Khabib pulled out 4 times.

Barboza would beat him, anyone with legit TDD would, his striking is amateurish

Neither did Khabib, other than 14 failed takedowns. Tibau had the best strikes and his grappling was more effective.
Khabib threw more strikes, the difference in significant strikes was 3. Khabib was always the aggressor and looking for the finish. Tibau was defensive for the entire fight. Judges don't favor that.

Also Tibau had 1 takedown but it didn't count to his score. Khabib got up right away so it wasn't effective grappling. Judges made the right call.

As for Barboza I don't like his chances against Khabib. He's been taken down by far worse grapplers and one caught kick is all it takes. So unless he juices up like Tibau to stop takedowns then I'd bet good money on Khabib.

The only way to score it for Khabib is if you don't count defensive grappling as effective, what i totally disagree

Anyway, good luck to Khabib catching a low kick from Barboza haha won't happen

The worst part is his arrogance, as if UFC owes him a title shot

The only way to score it for Khabib is if you don't count defensive grappling as effective, what i totally disagree

Anyway, good luck to Khabib catching a low kick from Barboza haha won't happen
According to the UFC scoring guild lines:
  1. Effective grappling is judged by considering the amount of successful executions of a legal takedown and reversals. Examples of factors to consider are take downs from standing position to mount position, passing the guard to mount position, and bottom position fighters using an active threatening guard.

2. Fighting area control is judged by determining who is dictating the pace, location and position of the bout. Examples of factors to consider are countering a grappler's attempt at takedown by remaining standing and legally striking, taking down an opponent to force a ground fight, creating threatening submission attempts, passing the guard to achieve mount, and creating striking opportunities.
Tibau stopped attempts but did not transition into striking, Khabib controlled him against the cage. So by these standards the judges Tibau wouldn't have gotten any points for that. While he did stop the attempts, he failed to turn it into an advantageous situation.

You realize Barboza throws more than low kicks right? And that he's been taken down in many ways before right? Nothing against Edson, he's one of my favorite LWs to watch but Khabib is not a good match for him.

Back