Has Khabib injured himself into Goatness?

Go watch the fight. There was truly no clear winner. A draw would have been the proper outcome. But all 3 judges saw it 30-27 for Khabib, mainly because he completely pushed the pace and was the aggressor the entire fight. Tibau did nothing but back up and play defense against takedowns and grappling exchanges.
I forgot who said it but they said that whatever the striking version of a wrestle fucker is, thats what Tibau is.

Maybe not the most "skilled" that goes to Saki now, but he is the most effective imo. He could put anyone in 145 or 155 to sleep. Except Nate who replaced his brain with pure thc and ebonic vernacular.
Nate isn't the best striker in the UFC by a long shot, and he out struck Conor badly. Saki is leaps and bounds better than either of them obviously, but he's hardly alone in being a better striker than those two.
Not to mention that there are plenty of strikers who COULD put anyone in their division to sleep, but that doesn't mean they actually do.

Actually watching them fight tell me otherwise. Conor got outboxed badly by Nate Diaz. Khabib puts on absolute grappling clinics on BJJ black belts.

McGregor outboxed the shit out of Nate Diaz for 8.5 minutes in both fights. After gassing even Ronda would outbox Conor.

Mendes and Diaz got Conor down. Khabib will too.

With Conor's questionable conditioning and stamina one takedown might render him damaged goods for the rest of the fight.

I favor Khabib heavily if he fights mac.

In 34 minutes Diaz got Conor down once in the 34th minute.

In the Mendes fight McGregor was on one leg and he prepared for Aldo. Different training camp.

holy shit this is what mma neophytes actually believe

go watch that fight again, buddy. tibau maybe threw like 5 strikes all fight and landed 2. not much happened, sure; tibau's defense was oustanding, but simply defending an entire fight doesn't win you the fight, since you're not actually fighting back--you're just defending against the aggressor

aggressor

aggressor

khabib was the aggressor. even though tibau defended everything, khabib still attacked.

sorry bro khabib still undefeated nothing u can do about it. judges got it right. i'm glad you're not a judge and even if you were your tenure wouldn't last long with bs decisions like that

WTF are you talking about?

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/ded18af0e4eae2f7

Go watch the fight. There was truly no clear winner. A draw would have been the proper outcome. But all 3 judges saw it 30-27 for Khabib, mainly because he completely pushed the pace and was the aggressor the entire fight. Tibau did nothing but back up and play defense against takedowns and grappling exchanges.
I did watch the fight live and post fight once. It was clear to me, Tibau took Khabib down and was able to stop more than 10 takedowns attempts from Khabib.

Explain to me how it would be a draw? There was no 10-8 and 10-10 rounds are stupid. It should be 29-28 AT LEAST to Tibau since he won 2 rounds clearly. I had it 30-27 Tibau.

That's not just my opinion, overall media and fans think like that too:
http://mmadecisions.com/decision/3577/Khabib-Nurmagomedov-vs-Gleison-Tibau

I did watch the fight live and post fight once. It was clear to me, Tibau took Khabib down and was able to stop more than 10 takedowns attempts from Khabib.

Explain to me how it would be a draw? There was no 10-8 and 10-10 rounds are stupid. It should be 29-28 AT LEAST to Tibau since he won 2 rounds clearly. I had it 30-27 Tibau.

That's not just my opinion, overall media and fans think like that too:
http://mmadecisions.com/decision/3577/Khabib-Nurmagomedov-vs-Gleison-Tibau

Correct. Actually commentators and media were really surprised at the result as we can see in that link. Fans thought that way too.

holy shit this is what mma neophytes actually believe

go watch that fight again, buddy. tibau maybe threw like 5 strikes all fight and landed 2. not much happened, sure; tibau's defense was oustanding, but simply defending an entire fight doesn't win you the fight, since you're not actually fighting back--you're just defending against the aggressor

aggressor

aggressor

khabib was the aggressor. even though tibau defended everything, khabib still attacked.

sorry bro khabib still undefeated nothing u can do about it. judges got it right. i'm glad you're not a judge and even if you were your tenure wouldn't last long with bs decisions like that
Don't forget octagon control. While Khabib couldn't take Tibau down, he dominated him on the cage. Tibau never had an answer that wasn't just defending TDs.

Correct. Actually commentators and media were really surprised at the result as we can see in that link. Fans thought that way too.
Khabib was the aggressor for the whole fight and won out on octagon control because Tibau didn't have an answer for him in the clinch.

The TD doesn't count to Tibau's score because he did nothing with it, Khabib got up right away.

When no significant damage is dealt scoring goes to Contol and aggression which Khabib won out on.

Khabib was the aggressor for the whole fight and won out on octagon control because Tibau didn't have an answer for him in the clinch.

The TD doesn't count to Tibau's score because he did nothing with it, Khabib got up right away.

When no significant damage is dealt scoring goes to Contol and aggression which Khabib won out on.
Look that:

Effective Aggressiveness

“Aggressively making attempts to finish the fight. The key term is ‘effective’. Chasing after an opponent with no effective result or impact should not render in the judges’ assessments.”

Effective Aggressiveness is only to be assessed if Effective Striking/Grappling is 100% equal for both competitors.

Agressiveness isn't that important. You should use that only if the two most important criteria are similar, and at that fight wasn't. Khabib got outlanded and outgrappled. Tibau was sucessfull with every TDD and was able to get Khabib on the ground. On the feet they were similar but Tibau had the most effective shots.

Now about octagon control?

"Fighting Area Control” shall only to be assessed if Effective Striking/Grappling and Effective Aggressiveness is 100% equal for both competitors. This will be assessed very rarely.

You can't use that if the previous 3 criterias already determined a winner.

Even Joe Rogan was pretty sure Tibau was winning and seemed quite surprised Khabib won. That fight should've been a draw in my opinion, literally nothing happened

Tibau absolutely beat him. Significant strikes, total strikes, head strikes, body strikes, takedowns stuffed, takedown etc. Tibau was ahead of Khabib in every area (admittedly not by much) but judges gave all rounds to Khabib because of pressure alone. Imo they overrated pressure in that fight and if we had to give someone that fight, it was Tibau.

Against MJ he was rocked twice and he was Khabib's only meaningful opponent except RDA who was not at his prime.

He's far from GOAT status but I think he's the most dangerous opponent for McGregor in the LW division and that's why sherdoggers overrate healthy Khabib very much. To be fair, Khabib can beat everyone in the LW division but these 3 fights are the most dangerous for him.

1. Khabib vs McGregor: 70% Conor KO/TKO. 20% Khabib UD. 10% Khabib submission
2. Khabib vs Gaethje: 55% Khabib decision 3-2. 45% Gaethje TKO.
3. Khabib vs Ferguson: 60% Khabib decision 3-2. 30% Ferguson submission. 10% Ferguson decision 3-2.
Lol let's hope Vegas thinks like you do. Easy $$$

I agree. But Conor's TDD, BJJ and wrestling is far ahead of Khabib's striking capabilities. And Conor's striking capabilities are considerably ahead of Khabib's TD finishes. If I have to explain what I mean:

1. What Conor does best is better than what Khabib does best. Finish ratio and the rounds that finishes take place speak for itself. For both guys.
2. Conor's weak areas are better than Khabib's weak areas. Diaz and Alvarez fights, brown BJJ belt and TDD percentage speaks for itself. MJ rocking Khabib speaks for itself also.

1. I dont agree with this. Let me explain why. So Conor has better striking skills than what Khabib has mma Wrestling and GnP? No, ok don't get me wrong here Conor is a very good mma striker but we've only seen him against 2 great mma strikers through his whole mma career. One of them has improved tremendously since they faced each others: Max Holloway , and the other one got caught: Jose Aldo.

Let's hope we get to see what Conor is able to do against some of the best strikers in LW and then come back to really say how good of a striker he is. because there is not much in Conors record to prove he is the best FW/LW striker in the UFC.

2. Conors TDD percentage doesn't speak for itself because he has only faced 2 fucking Wrestler: Chad Mendes and Eddie Alvarez. Chad toook him down over and over and it was not easy for Conor to get up, despite being bigger. But he succeded to stop all of Alvarez attempts.

Have you ever seen Khabibs take downs? If he would get hold of Conor he would go down for sure no question about it. It is more of gurantee of Conor going down and not coming up until the round is over than Conor getting a KO win over Khabib. I think Khabib can take Conors punches.

Last edited:
Lol Khabib haters/Conor fans are truly something

Everything they have against Khabib is a close fight against a roided up Tibau

MJ never really hurt him and got dominated for 3 rounds

1. I dont agree with this. Let me explain why. So Conor has better striking skills than what Khabib has mma Wrestling and GnP? No, ok don't get me wrong here Conor is very good mma striker but we've only seen him against 2 great mma strikers through his whole mma career. One of them has improved tremendously since they faced: Max Holloway and the other one got caught: Jose Aldo.

Let's hope we get to see what Conor is able to do against some of the best strikers in LW and then come back to really say how good of a striker he is. because there is not much in Conors record to prove he is the best FW/LW striker in the UFC.

2. Conors TDD percentage doesn't speak for itself because he has only faced 2 fucking Wrestler: Chad Mendes and Eddie Alvarez. Chad toook him down over and over and it was not easy for Conor to get up, despite being bigger. But he succeded to stop all of Alvarez attempts.

Have you ever seen Khabibs take downs? If he would get hold of Conor he would go down for sure no question about it. It is more of gurantee of Conor going down and not coming up until the round is over than Conor getting a KO win over Khabib. I think Khabib can take Conors punches.

His one leg wasn't strong in the Chad fight. Conor also fought Diaz who was supposedly going to take him down in both fights.

Khabib can't even take MJ's shots.

Every round starts standing and 5 rounds is a lot. If Khabib can't finish Conor which is likely considering his finish ratio and Conor's lose ratio, Conor will get the KO. That's why Conor has more chance.

Even Joe Rogan was pretty sure Tibau was winning and seemed quite surprised Khabib won. That fight should've been a draw in my opinion, literally nothing happened
Look that:

Agressiveness isn't that important. You should use that only if the two most important criteria are similar, and at that fight wasn't. Khabib got outlanded and outgrappled. Tibau was sucessfull with every TDD and was able to get Khabib on the ground. On the feet they were similar but Tibau had the most effective shots.

Now about octagon control?

You can't use that if the previous 3 criterias already determined a winner.
Tibau was defensive for the entire fight. Khabib was the only one looking for the finish. No significant damage was dealt and the flow of the fight was determined by Khabib.

Striking was even, the difference in significant strikes was only 3 and Khabib threw more overall.

There was no ground scoring because no position was taken on the ground.

All that's left is aggression and Control, which Tibau had none of. Tibau was defensive and put in good work but Khabib was the only one attempting for a finish. When you are more active judges score in your favor.

He was the more active fighter, the judges made the right call.

Lol Khabib haters/Conor fans are truly something

Everything they have against Khabib is a close fight against a roided up Tibau

MJ never really hurt him and got dominated for 3 rounds

Then Khabib hits like a girl. MJ's face was fresh after the fight. Not even one cut.

His one leg wasn't strong in the Chad fight. Conor also fought Diaz who was supposedly going to take him down in both fights.

Khabib can't even take MJ's shots.

Every round starts standing and 5 rounds is a lot. If Khabib can't finish Conor which is likely considering his finish ratio and Conor's lose ratio, Conor will get the KO. That's why Conor has more chance.

Why do you try to find excuses for Conor but not a 2 week camp Chad Mendes?

Diaz doesn't take people down like that, he is not a wrestler, he has good trips in clinch, he caught Conor with one @202, but you come of as "casual" or even worse a "newbie" when try to argue that Nate had the intention to take Conor down, thats not how Nate fights.

Khabib got rocked by 1-2. He never went down, he gathered himself and shortly after he tokk MJ down. Dustin Porier went down by 1-2 by MJ.

MJ doen't have the precise shots as Conor but he still has some solid striking, and probably some good power too, so that's actually to Khabibs credit.

Why do you try to find excuses for Conor but not a 2 week camp Chad Mendes?

Diaz doesn't take people down like that, he is not a wrestler, he has good trips in clinch, he caught Conor with one @202, but you come of as "casual" or even worse a "newbie" when try to argue that Nate had the intention to take Conor down, thats not how Nate fights.

Khabib got rocked by 1-2. He never went down, he gathered himself and shortly after he tokk MJ down. Dustin Porier went down by 1-2 by MJ.

MJ doen't have the precise shots as Conor but he still has some solid striking, and probably some good power too, so that's actually to Khabibs credit.

You fuckin dimwit. It wasn't about Nate but Conor's weakness. Everyone knew Conor's weakest area is the ground game and Nate already knew that and he tried multiple takedown attempts in both fights. After the Aldo fight everyone was shooting for those takedowns. It was all over the internet, blinded moron.

Khabib's credit? MJ looked better than you after that fight. Khabib hits like a pussy and he'll get his face caved in if he faces a top5 fighter for a change.

Retarded half-knowledgeble McGregor haters blinded by their hatred are all over the place with their milk scented stupid comments.

Back